FIRST GROW EVER (indoor- CFL's)Any help will be loved!

Hey Ganjaman welcome! Thought I pass on a few things beyond the soil/nute issues mentioned so far. IMHO, checking PH is over rated unless you have extremely hard water. Temp is critical, 75-78 is ideal. You might want to exchange those 'warm' 100W CFL's for a couple of 'cool' (daylight) spectrum CFL's for vegging. The lights I see in your pics are fine for this early stage of veg development, but keep in mind you'll have to increase the light as the plants develop if you want a quality grow. CFL's are great, but work best if you LST (low stress training) your plants to provide necessary light over the entire plant. This is especially important during the flower cycle for bud growth.

I hope you last entry was premature, and your plants survive, if not, it's so easy to start again, applying what you've learned so far.

I've been growing CFL/LST single plants for 3 years with outstanding results from plain 'o bag seeds. Check out my current journal for visuals. I'll check back, and be happy to join these other fine folks in offering advice.

Good Luck!

WOW thanks everyone

thanks so much Apperintice and Oldskool love this sight because of people like you

and i have already learned allot just by this minor experience, as soon as i get some more money deff will be buying more lights and setting up better ventilation and maybe Co2 dispenser since i hear so much about how co2 is a major boost :) thanks again pics coming tonight :)

I would add some Co2 for sure, with a smaller closet space like ur using I would make some co2 yeast jugs, you will notice a few things within a couple days like ur soil will dry out faster, faster growth & sugars on your leaves.

This is the method I'm using, switching them out every week to get best results.........

Get a 2 liter bottle, bakers yeast, & sugar .........

Either boil or use hot tap water to disovle sugar, then let cool to room temp, add yeast shake & wait to "bake",

use 6 cups h2o, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp of yeast- Make sure you let the water/sugar cool to room temp before adding the yeast or else it will kill the yeast, make a hole in the bottle cap and use a hose "oxygen line" to fill hole seal this with silicone or something similar, use the "hose" to disperse the co2 where needed , I place in rear of fan so it sucks it threw and blows over the plants, and then under the lights so it falls over the plants.

I doubled the recipe and use milk jugs 3 all together, place the end of the line into a glass of water untill you see rapid bubbles then place them into position, it's not as good as the real deal but ur plants will gain from any extra co2 you can provide!

I'll get off my ramble now, hope it helps

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom