You can kinda see how you will defoliate and then it grows back bushy again. Then more defol. You can see how the bottom of the plant is pretty clean before you will flip to 12/12. This will allow for good airflow when the buds need it! So you can also see how any branches that come off your 4 main branches can come up to the canopy. Any shoots that come off the mains that come out on the bottom of the main branches can be removed.

Great explanation Mr.Magoo!!!
Haha. Thanks scout! Funny thing is....I’ll ask the same questions I asked last grow when it gets to that point. Lol. Hopefully after this next grow I’ll have a better understanding of it. That’s the great thing about this community here.....always people who are willing to help.

Yes makes sense so i want to wait till im 5 nodes tall then when i top i cut between the 5th and 4th node correct? Then let the plant recover and start bending down the branches to make a big cross?
Yep. The training starts with the top set of branches. Tie them down first. Then you are waiting for the lower branches to grow up to the level of the top ones. Once they are up there on the same level, you pull them down some also. From that point you are keeping them level as you train them out towards the edge of your container. You will let them go vertical a bit before you flip.

Ok sounds good. So its as easy as top it. get rid of 1st and send node so ur left with the 3rd and 4th node tie them down to make a cross shape and adjust ties as needed as well as some defol. And the new growth off the 4 main branches gets left to catch up with the 4 main branches then defol flip and let them flower right?

That’s pretty much the idea of it but adjusting a few things along the way!
The idea is keeping a strong base with a flat canopy to allow the most light penetration across the whole plant! Keeping the bottom clean like @Mr. Magoo said is cruitial to allow air flow below the canopy as it will get dense with flowers! I look forward to tagging along here and helping you with whatever I can!

I am not experienced in the quads but I am going to be trying this for my upcoming grow and will requesting guidance from the master @Asesino85 I will be documenting my journey of the #quads that I am hoping to turn into some absolute monsterous beauties !!

Update girls are growing nice and healthy next watering I'm going to give them there first dose of grow big nutes by fox farm. They are currently 4 nodes tall . As far as the quadline technique at what point exactly do i top i know im getting close just wanna be 100 percent on when to
20181013_160620.jpg
20181013_160629.jpg
20181013_160636.jpg
20181013_160639.jpg
20181013_160642.jpg
20181013_160645.jpg

Update girls are growing nice and healthy next watering I'm going to give them there first dose of grow big nutes by fox farm. They are currently 4 nodes tall . As far as the quadline technique at what point exactly do i top i know im getting close just wanna be 100 percent on when to
20181013_160620.jpg
20181013_160629.jpg
20181013_160636.jpg
20181013_160639.jpg
20181013_160642.jpg
20181013_160645.jpg
@Mr. Magoo @MrSauga

What Sauga said! Lookin good. No harm in letting her get a little more growth up top. I think @Kingjoe83 likes to wait till the 6th node before he tops down to the 4th. He does this to let the roots get a little bigger before stressing the plant. Makes since to me. I haven’t done it that way but probably will on this grow. Not saying wait necessarily, just that there’s no need to rush it. She’s a pretty thing tho!

What Sauga said! Lookin good. No harm in letting her get a little more growth up top. I think @Kingjoe83 likes to wait till the 6th node before he tops down to the 4th. He does this to let the roots get a little bigger before stressing the plant. Makes since to me. I haven’t done it that way but probably will on this grow. Not saying wait necessarily, just that there’s no need to rush it. She’s a pretty thing tho!
Yeah it just makes sense about not stressing and stunting the plant early if you can now autos you should top no matter what between 14-21 days .

Back
Top Bottom