Update on the girls: today is day 14, I think they are doing well at this point. I went ahead and gave them 1/4 dose of fox farm big bloom and next week I was thinking of adding a 1/4 dose of grow big as well. I would like to fim them if possible. Any suggestions on when I should fim? They're all working on their 3rd node. I feel like my plants have tight nodes. Any feedback is appreciated
20181008_010212.jpg

20181008_010223.jpg

20181008_162520.jpg

Attachments

• 20181008_010212.jpg
    20181008_010212.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20181008_010223.jpg
    20181008_010223.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 43
  • 20181008_162501.jpg
    20181008_162501.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 41
I use a quadlining method that involves topping at the fifth removing everything below the third and above the fourth. @Asesino85 has a great thread here Ase's Multi-Strain Quadlining In Coco & Stank Genetics ATF Scrog that gives you step by step as he goes along. It's a good way to maximize yield in a small space and having lots of fat juicy colas. @Mr. Magoo and several others swear by it and I have to admit it's easy and clean.

hello dankzilla. nice grow. nice looking plants. i think mr sauga is right. if you're going to do fiming, wait at least until the plant has 4-5 nodes, and then pinch and remove about 80% of the top growth. do it carefully, with clean hands, and careful when pulling on the plant, so you don´t damage it. then remove all growth bellow the third node. northern lights from what i've read, is a great strain, more old school, ( i tend to prefer land races and old school strains ), and it should give you that nice sativa body high, almost narcotic. i love that mellow but strong stuff.

Oh yeah thats what im talking about im hooked i got some reading to do really nice plants mrsauga. Im sure ill have some questions along the way if u dont mind helping out. im gonna try this method.
No problem...lots of people here to help. I'm going to get my good buddy @Mr. Magoo to provide some good guidance on Quadlining. He nailed his on his first attempt and he can get you a link to his garden that he just harvested. You will love the simplicity of this method, I assure you that.

Hey guys! Yeah I chose to try quadlining after reading Ase’s thread. I needed a training method to keep my girls short. Thought about scrog but after seeing Ase’s results with quadlining I opted for that.
So after quadlining you will only have the branches from 3rd and 4th node. They form a cross since they run in opposite directions. This will be the core skeleton of your plant providing support for those big ol buds! So to get that core shape started you will wait until there is enough growth above the 4th node for you to grab and pinch off without damaging the 4th node. Just pinch it off. Carefully. Then remove the branches at 1st and 2nd node. Then it’s just training those branches out horizontally. You will do several rounds of defoliation along the way. Also, you want to allow some time between each of these steps for the plant to bounce back some. Hopefully this helps. I’ll post some pics of my Blue dreams below showing some of the progression.

Back
Top Bottom