First Grow Ever - Soil

the water around here is very hard, but i have been buying gallon jugs of reverse osmosis water. i did go to my home town for a day and asked my roommate if he would water them. i don't think he knew any different though and went ahead and used tap. do you think being watered only one day from tap would do this to them?

Allo, Dormeuse!

It's hard to believe a seedling would have any deficiencies. All of the nutrients it requires are contained in the seed pod itself.

What are you using for soil? I think you mentioned Fox Farm soil?

I just went back over your journal. You gave them a full strength nutrient bath, is that right? If so, this little girl is probably stressed. You have to be very careful about applying nutrients during the first few weeks.

If that's the case, you can do one of two things.

1) Let her ride it out - only use water for the next week or so.

2) Flush the plant with water, i.e., pour sufficient water into the pot so that water drains out the bottom. About a half pot's worth of runoff should be fine. Then let the plant dry out for a while. When the pot starts getting light, water it again. You want to let the pot dry out sufficiently so that oxygen can reach the roots.

Personally, I would choose the second option.

By the way, if you haven't fertilized the plant, I just wasted a couple of paragraphs typing, LOL!

Lol I didn't blame him, I was investigating what could be causing this. I am fixing to go buy blackstrap and Epsom salt just to have on hand. I'm also getting more water today, kinda feels like Christmas again.

They are looking good to darn good right now. I am letting them dry out a little bit before I water them again. They are almost ready for water, so tomorrow morning(8:45AM) I plan on starting a solid watering schedule instead of playing it by ear. I will add then nutes later I'm letting these recover a bit.

Heyyy every boody, if you were a hot dog and you were starving would you eat yourself?? I know I would, smoother myself in mustard and relish. (will ferrals impression o Harry carry) I am a quick question. My baby's have grown up so much that the roots are showing from the bottom of the pot. Should I re pot them all?

What is a safe way to do it? Just turn it upside down with the plant between my fingers and put it in the new pot, or is there a trick?

Well it was easier than I thought it was going to be, the roots had grown aroun all the dirt in the pot and it came out in a perfect square. I am posting pictures tonight.

I usually transplant mine when I see the roots coming out the bottom. I usually can't just flip mine upside down then pull out. I carefully go around the edges of the plant with a butter knife. I know it sounds like I would damage the roots on the side but I haven't yet. Then flip it upside down, give the bottom of the pot a smack and it pops right on out.

Oh for sure, I had square pots so I just squeezed it a bit and it fell in my hand. I'm starting to think about toppin/fim my plants. They are already quite bushy for some reason.? I have them on a feeding schedule now.

Here they are!!! my pride and joy!!

photo_1-2.JPG
photo_2-2.JPG
photo_3-2.JPG
photo_4-1.JPG

Very nice, Doormouse!

It's amazing how much they've grown in about a week. You should post pictures more often when you get a chance. I post new pics of my crop almost every day.

You're going to love this:

We geezers have to exercise every day or we shrivel up into mummies, so I go for a walk every day. I almost always go out during the daytime, but today I was watching some TV and didn't get out until it was quite dark.

There's a lot of snow on the ground and we're having a cold snap. Although I live in the city, there are farms nearby, quite a few public parks and lots of lush lawns (in the summer) and bushes at estates owned by the rich bastards (not me!) in this city.

Anyway, I was walking down this cul-de-sac admiring the Christmas lights on the houses of some of the especially rich bastards, when I was startled by what I thought was one of those little white yappy dogs some people seem to like (I hope you don't have one!). But it wasn't a dog at all, it was

A Pure White Rabbit!

I immediately thought of Alice in Wonderland (and no, I didn't follow him down a rabbit hole).

Freeeeeee - key, huh?

Looking good Doormouse.

I was having a browse at the pic's & noticed the leaf edges curling up that could be a systom of heat stress - lights to close ?

Thats just in case ya ain't got it sorted yet, keep up the good work :thumb:

ggrant, i haven't been around a computer to upload my images in awhile. i plan on having a lot more pictures up. i am also going to Fim my plants today.

I absolutely love the fact the you ran upon a solid white rabbit, i haven't had any luck like that in a long time. you don't follow the rabbits without a stop watch, because they aren't going for tea anywhere. :bongrip:

Looking good Doormouse.

I was having a browse at the pic's & noticed the leaf edges curling up that could be a systom of heat stress - lights to close ?

Thats just in case ya ain't got it sorted yet, keep up the good work :thumb:

i think you are correct, i moved my light away from them quite a bit, and it seemed to fix the situation.

Back
Top Bottom