First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting etc)

TopsyTurvy

S73029341.jpg

S73029331.jpg

Tell me what you think and what i should or could do from this point on:thanks:

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

Have fun! I sure am watching this thread!!! I hope you have a great harvest! I know nothing about growing inverted.

Re: First grow expirement with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

should i move the light closer for now and 24 7 right

What type of light is it? CFL? if it is mine are about 1in from my plants at all times and my HIDs and about 14in from the plants. Yes you can go with 24/0 or 20/4 or 18/6 I use 20/4 for my veg chamber. Good luck! I hope I can help some more.

its from aerosun.com but can a metal halide light bulb fit in that cause im buying one isnt that the bulb you want for veg

im sorry its agrosun and its the Agrosun Dayspot Grow Light Kit

Metal Halide(MH) is for veg and High Pressure Sodium(HPS) is for Flower, a MH or HPS will not work with a conventional light socket. I would suggest going to inside sun dot com or the sponsors and checking out their light packages.

Ok that light wont work well for growing. I would return it and go to walmart and pick up 6-8 23w Compact florescent light bulbs(CFL). CFLs produce little heat and produce a light that is usable for your sweet MJ. Find a way to mount the CFLs so they are close to the plant.

Ok that light wont work well for growing. I would return it and go to walmart and pick up 6-8 23w Compact florescent light bulbs(CFL). CFLs produce little heat and produce a light that is usable for your sweet MJ. Find a way to mount the CFLs so they are close to the plant.
Im just going to go buy a mh bulb that fit in that holder from lowes and just replace it tommorow wont that be good?

No MH and HPS bulbs need ballasts to burn properly. The cheapest way to grow is with CFLs.

so i will go get a ballast from lowes and get the bulb then how does the ballast work?

last time I went to Lows they did not have the proper ballasts for MH of HPS,

Wiki-

Metal halide lamps require electrical ballasts to regulate the arc current flow and deliver the proper voltage to the arc. Probe start metal halide bulbs contain a special 'starting' electrode within the lamp to initiate the arc when the lamp is first lit (which generates a slight flicker when the lamp is first turned on). Pulse start metal halide lamps do not require a starting electrode, and instead use a special starting circuit referred to as an ignitor to generate a high-voltage pulse to the operating electrodes. American National Standards Institute (ANSI) lamp-ballast system standards establish parameters for all metal halide components (with the exception of some newer products).

A few electronic ballasts are now available for metal halide lamps. The benefit of these ballasts is more precise management of the lamp's wattage, which provides more consistent color and longer lamp life. In some cases, electronic ballasts are reported to increase efficiency (i.e. reduce electrical usage). However with few exceptions, high-frequency operation does not increase lamp efficiency as in the case of high-output (HO) or very high-output (VHO) fluorescent bulbs. High frequency electronic operation does however allow for specially designed dimming metal halide ballast systems.

Do you think i could just use the led grow lights?

NO use CFLs they are the cheapest way to start your grow and they produce good results. LEDs are not worth the money, and HIDs are costly and make a lot of heat. Search for LED grows and you will see that the dont work and all end up having to be supplemented with CFLs

Very interesting! I actully saw this on an infomercial. My first thought was " I wonder if you could grow cannabis upside down..."
I guess we will find out won't we!

Good luck TopsyTurvy.

DAY 2

Day 3

Sorry I deleted the Image for security purposes off photobucket and now i dont have it anymore so day 3 photo is gone for good.

Ill have more today day four, there is very noticable curling of the leave yet the plant looks healthy as can be!

Re: First grow experiment with the upside down planter!(Could use tips on lighting et

New Set Up

About 1:00 p.m. of Day 4

Back
Top Bottom