First Grow: Feedback Request

Picking up the soil tomorrow since everything is sold out or closed by me :morenutes:
A little status update:
70E4BC35-6E5F-4064-8933-29B5A53DF23B.jpeg
755C7801-454C-4528-B6D5-222315D93FC4.jpeg

The big guy is about 17” and little like 11”
The littler guy is getting a bit greener and way more of a healthier look but I did notice a tad bit of yellowing so I hope mixing the soil helps bring her back up to her speed otherwise pretty happy with them in natural sunlight for 12 hrs

Update:
So my ac has went out and my temps are running high in the 80s right prob gona have to buy a AC unit to keep my room cold for now as this week is getting hotter then 90 degrees during mid day :rip:

Here’s just a few days after soil transplant: as you can tell not huge progress but definitely progressing.

Led light and tent come in a day or two. Fan got pushed back 7 days in delivery for some reason so I don’t think I will put them in there till then especially with the heat being so high. But drastic decisions call for drastic measures and I guess the window unit will save me a week. Until fam and my unit can be fixed. Until then we are going all natural for sources and keeping these baby’s healthy.

Also, still no sign of seedlings piping up yet.

Here are a few pic updates
2226B58B-020E-46A7-8F62-BDE01BD75431.jpeg
0874D0DB-7378-43F6-87AE-06FC59FC6A9B.jpeg
103806E6-0FCC-4131-99FC-928D82194F45.jpeg
26E36DC6-A6C1-4F77-846E-0406DE9FB3A2.jpeg
739F7EAA-D332-4E14-91D0-F24EC7E77562.jpeg
263C62BC-CEE6-498E-A928-811061ED7098.jpeg

Hey Johnny! First grow is always exciting. Are you aiming for one big cola or a bunch of good sized colas. Seeing your plants i do suggest checking out LST. Otherwise they look great!
I think several good-sized colas will pull more yield, yes?
Going to try this later today, any preferred method? tape? or zip tie?

I think several good-sized colas will pull more yield, yes?
Going to try this later today, any preferred method? tape? or zip tie?
Yes it will. String, plant wire, whatever you have to make it work. Itll do wonders for a more even canopy. Check the link in my signature. @InTheShed is great with any questions you may have! Good luck!

Yes it will. String, plant wire, whatever you have to make it work. Itll do wonders for a more even canopy. Check the link in my signature. @InTheShed is great with any questions you may have! Good luck!

Wanted to pull the bigger on by the top more but don’t wanna over do it. Here is my first attempt at LST training!

side note I am noticing some small fruit flys or nats. Should I be worried or do anything to prevent more?
3B066331-591C-4A64-A8E4-519095E19818.jpeg
F2FD8E37-0272-4608-85D7-7E5152599B95.jpeg
A6BA0F30-0805-4ABE-A639-9F9BC5D355FE.jpeg
32832B08-4EFB-4808-BD61-C3100BE3D5AC.jpeg
818F0F6B-57F0-4A9C-A982-6D8A9920C7D8.jpeg
0BEEC1EA-5437-4BAC-B558-A37E33E4A597.jpeg

Gnats thrive in wet conditions, and can’t live in dry conditions. You can help this by going longer in between watering. Having a drier medium on average. They also can’t fly in windy conditions. If you have lots of airflow they can’t fly around as much.
You can also get yellow sticky traps. Stick one in the medium near the base of the plant, and hang one above the plant.

is your fan/carbon combo sitting below the light? You always want it at the top of the tent. Hot air rises, and you want to get rid of the hot air. What are your questions on fan? The idea with the fan and carbon filter is to draw air from the tent, pushing it through the filter minimizing the smell in your grow area/house.

Gnats thrive in wet conditions, and can’t live in dry conditions. You can help this by going longer in between watering. Having a drier medium on average. They also can’t fly in windy conditions. If you have lots of airflow they can’t fly around as much.
You can also get yellow sticky traps. Stick one in the medium near the base of the plant, and hang one above the plant.

is your fan/carbon combo sitting below the light? You always want it at the top of the tent. Hot air rises, and you want to get rid of the hot air. What are your questions on fan? The idea with the fan and carbon filter is to draw air from the tent, pushing it through the filter minimizing the smell in your grow area/house.

So the carbon filter should then intake correct? yeah, I noticed I should have it above the light but should it be directly over the light or to the side to pull the heat pushed down off the plants? I'm going to remount today.

Good info. I am going to keep humidity levels normal and drop watering right now for a day or two until things clear up so that I don't get an infestation. I let the soil dry up yesterday into today and it looks like many have disappeared. But to be on the safe side I will monitor with minimal watering as the soil must be somewhat damp I'm assuming

So the carbon filter should then intake correct? yeah, I noticed I should have it above the light but should it be directly over the light or to the side to pull the heat pushed down off the plants? I'm going to remount today.

Good info. I am going to keep humidity levels normal and drop watering right now for a day or two until things clear up so that I don't get an infestation. I let the soil dry up yesterday into today and it looks like many have disappeared. But to be on the safe side I will monitor with minimal watering as the soil must be somewhat damp I'm assuming
I’m sorry I’m a bit confused... haven’t had my morning coffee yet. Umm fan on intake? Umm well you see, it depends. You can have the fan inside the tent, sucking in, and blowing outside the tent to your carbon. Or you could have the carbon inside the tent, with the fan on the outside of the tent pulling air out. Or you could have the fan and carbon inside or outside the tent. It all depends on how you want to set it up. I’ve had both outside the tent, I’ve had the carbon inside the tent, and one way isn’t better then the other it’s just preference. The Main goal is to have a Negative air pressure inside the tent. The way I’ve got my fan and carbon set up, is I have the carbon inside the tent pulling air out the tent to the fan, then out another tube which I had vented outside. Now I moved my setup into the basement and don’t have my fan/carbon on. Just never set it back up. I should soon, as I’m 34 days into flower.

I’m sorry I’m a bit confused... haven’t had my morning coffee yet. Umm fan on intake? Umm well you see, it depends. You can have the fan inside the tent, sucking in, and blowing outside the tent to your carbon. Or you could have the carbon inside the tent, with the fan on the outside of the tent pulling air out. Or you could have the fan and carbon inside or outside the tent. It all depends on how you want to set it up. I’ve had both outside the tent, I’ve had the carbon inside the tent, and one way isn’t better then the other it’s just preference. The Main goal is to have a Negative air pressure inside the tent. The way I’ve got my fan and carbon set up, is I have the carbon inside the tent pulling air out the tent to the fan, then out another tube which I had vented outside. Now I moved my setup into the basement and don’t have my fan/carbon on. Just never set it back up. I should soon, as I’m 34 days into flower.
Right now I have my fan directly connected to my carbon filter. My carbon filter is pulling in air and my fan is blowing the air out via duct. Creating a suction to the bottom of the tent. The bottom of the tent has a 4 inch hole that is pulling in cool air at this point then still need to get a clip fan. I’ll prob stop at the store later today and get a 6inch clip on.

Overall maintaining the temperature with a decenet amount of humidity is ultimately the goal but I can now see I will need a fan or two to keep these babies nice and cool :surf:

Back
Top Bottom