First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

Sounds like a nice cure - My first batch of 3 colas were hung 2 days ago. This morning I felt the tent was running hot and noticed my spouse had accidently knocked the fan tubing off. The tent was running at 93 F --- damn.... the buds were feeling a little crunchy on the outside and a couple stems snapped so I pulled them did final trim and jarred them.

I chopped another 3 colas this morning and think I am going to put them in a drying closet instead of the tent.

As a point of reference I'm averaging 23% after drying.

Ok 23%.. that's not too bad. Ya I'm really on keeping my tent the perfect environment. When I'm at work, my wife does it. I taught her the ways lol
Good thing you caught it, and jarred em before they got crispy dry. That's what I'm afraid of. Mine seem to be drying a little faster then I'd like.

Drying closet should work nice, I plan to make a dry box sometime in the future. Congrats on the harvest. Is the rest of your buds ready to be chopped?

Nice - It will be appreciated to hear your curing times and results. My GDP has been in jars for a little over a month now and I still haven't tried it. I'm burping them daily and rotating the jars - it will probably be another month until it's ready.

:ganjamon:
Oo sounds good... By GDP I'm assuming you mean Grand Daddy Purps? Trying to think of any other strains with those initials. Lol

I'll keep this journal going to document the whole cure proccess. I'll try and be as informative as I can for ya. .

I created a new dry room this morning. OK... it's an empty closet. I put in a couple computer fans to keep the air moving. The buds that dried quickly are doing well in their cure jars and have re-hydrated. I am still doing a strategic harvest by cutting the buds as they ripen instead of a single chop. My logic is analogist to harvesting a tomato crop. As I don't chop my tomato plant when the first tomato ripens - I pluck my tomatoes as they ripen and have been cutting my buds as they are ready.

I have about 1 ounce in dry bud currently curing and burping 2x a day. Currently humidity inside jar is sitting at 62% which I'm happy with. I'm wondering how much weigh they drop during cure.

So far Animal Cookies is about a week ahead of Platinum OG.

@troy
Sounds like that's going to work out great. Glad your jarred buds are doing well.

Also, I finally received my package containing the Mammoth P. Looks like great stuff. Well packaged. Excited to use it on my next run. It's only enough to use on one of the plants, but I'm still excited. Lol
420-magazine-mobile1003756770.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1837938366.jpg

Excited to see how it all turns out! They really look delicious

Also wanted to add, because my humidity has been at a constant 55%, I decided to just trim the cola I first left untrimmed. Just kinda paranoid about mold. And HOLY SHIT, it is much harder to trim once the leaves dry up. They were all stuck to the buds. Should have just trimmed it with the others. Took twice as long to do it then before. Lol but I think I did a good job.

Today is dry day #4. So it's going ok so far, they seem like their almost done drying. Maybe another day or 2. Anxious to see the dry weight.. .

Wow congrats on the nice harvest Kev! Looking forward to your next grow & smoke report!

Just finished reading your journal, fantastic first grow.. Which perfect sun LED are you getting? I have the dwarf sun and I'd say it is comparable to a 400w HP's, I use it during summer months when its hot.

Hey there, thanks a lot! And that's the one I'm getting as well. The Dwarf Star. Buying at the end of this month. Although my second grow won't start until first week of January.

How do you like the DS so far?

Hey there, thanks a lot! And that's the one I'm getting as well. The Dwarf Star. Buying at the end of this month. Although my second grow won't start until first week of January.

How do you like the DS so far?

The jury is still out on the dwarf star, it still produced good, I had it next to a galaxy hydro on last grow and it might have done a bit better, I say might of because I wasn't running identical clones under each.. The plants under it did finish earlier than the galaxy and the penetration is a lot better. I'm considering purchasing the 1000. Here's a couple pics for you to see what it could do.
image38162.jpg
4FD9D6C4-5BC3-43E3-BD89-9EC20C753785.jpeg

Thank you Hortishorti! I'm very pleased, and sorta proud. Lol

Next grow will be coming soon, very excited to get it started. Final yield weights and smoke report coming soon also.
Thanks for stopping by

You should be VERY proud, I know I would be!

The jury is still out on the dwarf star, it still produced good, I had it next to a galaxy hydro on last grow and it might have done a bit better, I say might of because I wasn't running identical clones under each.. The plants under it did finish earlier than the galaxy and the penetration is a lot better. I'm considering purchasing the 1000. Here's a couple pics for you to see what it could do.
image38162.jpg
4FD9D6C4-5BC3-43E3-BD89-9EC20C753785.jpeg

Yes I believe it to be a great quality light. Also looked at SunPlus and Optic LED cob panels, as well as mars pro 2. They look like great lights as well.
I think my galaxy hydro panel preformed well though, as did the mars hydro.

The PS1000 is a killer light! It won't dissapoint

ps. Beautiful plants

Drying Update

So the buds have been in the tent drying for 5 days now. Environment has been very stable. Temps stay between 70-73*F, and RH has been at a constant 50%.

The buds seem to be about dry. They feel dry on the outside, but not crunchy. And the smallest stems are snapping clean. Other small stems are pretty much snapping, but don't snap clean off. So I think they will be ready to jar up by tomorrow.

Which will be a 6 day dry. Not too bad, I'm happy with it. So update coming tomorrow on final weights and stuff. Cheers . .

Drying Update

So the buds have been in the tent drying for 5 days now. Environment has been very stable. Temps stay between 70-73*F, and RH has been at a constant 50%.

The buds seem to be about dry. They feel dry on the outside, but not crunchy. And the smallest stems are snapping clean. Other small stems are pretty much snapping, but don't snap clean off. So I think they will be ready to jar up by tomorrow.

Which will be a 6 day dry. Not too bad, I'm happy with it. So update coming tomorrow on final weights and stuff. Cheers . .

Sounds like you're doing it right! Hope you're having an awesome weekend Kev, looking forward to smoke report

Sounds like they are getting ready for the jars. I've been pulling my small stalks and jarring them as they get to the stem snap stage. They are doing pretty well but can occasionally spike in humidity if a little wet. Leaving the jar open for a 1 hour burp brought them back to where I wanted them.

Sounds like you're doing it right! Hope you're having an awesome weekend Kev, looking forward to smoke report
Thanks Shorti! Jarring today, so final weight coming soon.

Sounds like they are getting ready for the jars. I've been pulling my small stalks and jarring them as they get to the stem snap stage. They are doing pretty well but can occasionally spike in humidity if a little wet. Leaving the jar open for a 1 hour burp brought them back to where I wanted them.

Ya they seem ready to jar. They feel completely dry on the outside, but not crunchy. The small stems snap clean, and the bigger ones still have a little bend. I plan on burping them as well.

Starting the final trim and jarring proccess right now, so anxious to know the dry weight. Update coming as soon as I'm done. .

Update drying day 6

Ok, so, just finished doing a final trim, and jarring up all the buds. All three hangers were completely dry to the touch,and the small stems and popcorn buds snapped off clean. They were ready. Not quite a week long dry, but almost.

I trimmed her up pretty good the first time, so there wasn't much to cut this time. It took me no time at all. Started cutting and jarring, and before I knew it I had 5 jars filled up. Nice!

So I grabbed my scale, and a Dixie cup. I weighed each jar, separately. First 4 jars, are filled with the big top dense nugs. The 5th, is what I considered popcorn buds and the small buds. I weighed them up, most jars took 2 cups to weigh. Then added them up, and... Wow. I was really surprised. Lol the jars went as follows:
using 32 ounce jars (quart)

Jar #1- 38.5 Grams
Jar #2- 32.9 Grams
Jar #3- 39.8 Grams
Jar #4- 33.8 Grams
Jar #5(popcorn)- 22.1 Grams

420-magazine-mobile984605658.jpg

That's 167.1 grams. Wow, I'm kinda speechless about it. Very happy with this yield. More than double what I wanted/predicted. Lol .

If counting an oz 28 grams? That's 5.96 ounces. Holy Shit. Didn't expect that from the one plant. With 260 watts, and 167 grams. That's 0.64 grams per watt.

I'm very happy, and the buds seem great quality. Even if they loose a little more weight during the cure, it shouldn't lose much.

Anyways, some pics I snapped during the process
420-magazine-mobile943113330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile653729781.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1285669640.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1240298363.jpg
420-magazine-mobile500132016.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1911744522.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1780114590.jpg
420-magazine-mobile990180098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile939846841.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1477544280.jpg
420-magazine-mobile65692683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110026473.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1398596906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1253939286.jpg

Some more bud pics to come. All in all, I'm very happy with this first grow! I consider it a success. .
Smoke report to follow as well, in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom