First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

So just a few thoughts concerning my next grow. Which unfortunately won't begin until next year. First week of January. I sold my Gorilla 4x4, to a guy I met at my local hydro store. Using that money to buy another tent, and some toward new LED.

So im gonna get either a Gorilla, or Mars Hydro 4x2 tent. Not sure yet. So I might be starting a perpetual grow, using both my 4x2's. might wait until my 3rd run.

Getting new LED soon, more than likely the PS Dwarf Star. DS will be flower light. My 300's will become my Veg light. Oh and I will use both my 150 watt ufo's as supplemental lights for flower.

Might also be switching nutrients, to General Hydroponics. But I still have the Fox Farm trio bottles to use up. Undecided on that. But I will be using the new bottle of Mammoth P, along with Botanicare Hydroplex, and Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy in flower.

Not sure I'm ready to switch to coco, so I'll do one more run in soil. Still undecided on which, may stick with Fox Farms.

Anyways, will definitely be Scrogging again, 2 plants in the 4x2 this time. Maybe 3. Got some kinks to work out with this training method, but I have some good ideas. Strains undecided.

That's about it, super fucking excited to start. Got some work to do, and more equiptment to buy, but I'll have it all ready by Jan. Smoke report on cured Gumdrop Kush buds coming soon. .

I'm in the same boat as you. I can't start my next grow until January and already planning on what I'm going to do. I know I will have a new grow tent and haven't decided if I'm going to keep my existing 3x3 or not.

I've been oscillating between trying coco or sticking with soil. One of my plants was DWC this time and it produced really well but the weekly 5 gallon reservoir change is a bit difficult if scrogging and expensive.

I'm going to experiment with Autos on my next run.

I'm in the same boat as you. I can't start my next grow until January and already planning on what I'm going to do. I know I will have a new grow tent and haven't decided if I'm going to keep my existing 3x3 or not.

I've been oscillating between trying coco or sticking with soil. One of my plants was DWC this time and it produced really well but the weekly 5 gallon reservoir change is a bit difficult if scrogging and expensive.

I'm going to experiment with Autos on my next run.

Yeah for sure DWC setups produce awesome results. Dewey systems look sweet! But like you said, it can get expensive I'm sure. Super soil, organic growing looks appealing as well.lol I'm gonna do another run in soil, then I'll try something else.

Autos eh. I like what I've seen from autos, but I'd rather stick with photo period. Gives me more control of the plant. And I like the scrog technique. Not sure if autos will work well in a scrog? Lol

Can't wait get this next run started. And decide what strain I want to grow. I'll do 2-3 plants of the same strain. Same strain seems logical for scrog training. Anyways I'm super excited for it, I'm addicted. Lol

Yeah for sure DWC setups produce awesome results. Dewey systems look sweet! But like you said, it can get expensive I'm sure. Super soil, organic growing looks appealing as well.lol I'm gonna do another run in soil, then I'll try something else.

Autos eh. I like what I've seen from autos, but I'd rather stick with photo period. Gives me more control of the plant. And I like the scrog technique. Not sure if autos will work well in a scrog? Lol

Can't wait get this next run started. And decide what strain I want to grow. I'll do 2-3 plants of the same strain. Same strain seems logical for scrog training. Anyways I'm super excited for it, I'm addicted. Lol

I think I would have stayed with Photos also except I have a time constrain and don't think I have enough time for them. I get back on January 7 and will be leaving for a month on June 1. I guess it is possible but hate rushing the girls and not getting their full potential.

I think I would have stayed with Photos also except I have a time constrain and don't think I have enough time for them. I get back on January 7 and will be leaving for a month on June 1. I guess it is possible but hate rushing the girls and not getting their full potential.
Yeah I can see how auto will work out perfect for you. Photo's might be possible, but like you said, why risk it. When autos will produce just the same, but faster. Can't wait to see how it turns out. You gonna do another journal for it?

:3 can't wait for both of your next journals :3

I'm with you on the photos :thumb: I enjoy having the control, I prefer reg seeds, but next grow I'll have some Tutankhamun and they're fem only.

I didn't find it too difficult to scrog with different strains, as long as you stay on top of it, shouldn't be difficult...I have a 70/30 Sat/Indy and a 70/30 Indy/Sat going and they've been easily managable :Namaste:

Looking forward to your next grow Kevin :thumb: will definitely take a seat

I'm with you on the photos :thumb: I enjoy having the control, I prefer reg seeds, but next grow I'll have some Tutankhamun and they're fem only.

I didn't find it too difficult to scrog with different strains, as long as you stay on top of it, shouldn't be difficult...I have a 70/30 Sat/Indy and a 70/30 Indy/Sat going and they've been easily managable :Namaste:

Ya I may try it. I still have like 5-6 fem Gumdrop Kush seeds. really would like to run that again, now that I know more about how she grows/stretches and whatnot. I think I'll just grow another Sativa Dom or at least a 50/50 hybrid with GK. That should work. Can't wait to choose lol

I already have some Purple Thai reg seeds that were gifted to me. And a bunch of bag seeds that can be a few different strains including (Blue Thai, Animal Cookies, or LSD). I'll be doing all the bag seeds next summer as an outdoor grow.

Curing update

Today marks 2 weeks since harvest. Went into jars on the 22nd. So today marks 8 days of curing. The hygrometer's have read a constant 60-62 % RH. Temps have been 70-73*F. So I've just been burping them for 60 seconds every other day.

So I've only been smoking out of the "Popcorn" jar. Probably smoked at least 3-4g out of the 22 original grams. Seems like it's getting better everyday. Lol the high is already stoney. Can't wait to see how much better it gets.

I wont be getting into any other jar, until the popcorn jar is smoked up. Shouldn't take long. Lol Trying to make it last long enough so the next jar I open has a 3 week cure. Well see.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and enjoy Halloween tomorrow! Cheers . .

Can't wait for some bud pics... .

Glad it's all going smooth buddy, gives us an idea of how smooth your smoke is ;P

Cheers Kevin! .

Can't wait for some bud pics... .

Glad it's all going smooth buddy, gives us an idea of how smooth your smoke is ;P

Cheers Kevin! .
I'll snap some pics next time I burp them, which will be the day after Halloween.

Also a question. So the jars are reading 59-62% rh. Which is weird, shouldn't the Boveda packs keep the rh at 62%? I even added one more Boveda to each jar. Didnt effect the rh at all.. I've read 62%-65% rh is perfect for curing. Will it be OK that it's 59%-62% rh? Thanks bud

Yea your buds will be fine there!

Bovedas are meant to keep it around 62 but I suspect they favour a lower humidity just to be on the safe side for mold etc. I know the boveda "herb" series is actually at 72 % which they claim is the ideal number but idk who they got that info from.

Your conditions are so close to ideal that I'm sure your getting the best cure possible, just cause of the care your putting into it on top of near perfect environment

I've used "Attitude Seedbank", they had the largest selection of any I've searched, and also have landrace strains available, in fact I got 2 reg seeds for 3 different landrace strains as some of my freebies from them

Update on curing.
It's been 13 days today since I jarred them up.

So far, I have only tried buds from the popcorn/small buds jar. Jar#5. It's crazy to be able to experience how the buds change during cure. The smell has changed, smell much more dank. The buds have such a good taste. The high is really nice too. It's the kind if high that's right on the line of sativa and indica. I guess that's what you should expect from a hybrid. Stoney high, but don't put you to sleep.

So tomorrow, will be 2 weeks cured. So I will be doing a final weight count. I'll weigh each jar again, to see if the numbers have changed. Ill take a bunch of bud pics also! And a smoke report.

I really can't wait to start my next grow. I hate coming home from work and not having a garden to play with. Lol

Also I have a question, may sound stupid.

what would be the watt limit on a 4 by 2 tent. Estimated.

Trying to get an idea of what the yeild limit would be for a 4 by 2. Because I can have 500 hundred watts in there. Pull .5 g/w and get over a half pound. But does my 4 by 2 space limit me to less than that. Don't know if that makes sense.

I think a half pound(8 ounces) is doable. Almost 6 this run. With another plant. I think I can get 8.
Anyways, just thinking out loud.

Back
Top Bottom