First Grow Fire OG LED 900W In Soil

Wow looks awesome man! Congrats on such an amazing first harvest!

Can't wait to see your next grow journal:p

Update drying day 6

Ok, so, just finished doing a final trim, and jarring up all the buds. All three hangers were completely dry to the touch,and the small stems and popcorn buds snapped off clean. They were ready. Not quite a week long dry, but almost.

I trimmed her up pretty good the first time, so there wasn't much to cut this time. It took me no time at all. Started cutting and jarring, and before I knew it I had 5 jars filled up. Nice!

So I grabbed my scale, and a Dixie cup. I weighed each jar, separately. First 4 jars, are filled with the big top dense nugs. The 5th, is what I considered popcorn buds and the small buds. I weighed them up, most jars took 2 cups to weigh. Then added them up, and... Wow. I was really surprised. Lol the jars went as follows:
using 32 ounce jars (quart)

Jar #1- 38.5 Grams
Jar #2- 32.9 Grams
Jar #3- 39.8 Grams
Jar #4- 33.8 Grams
Jar #5(popcorn)- 22.1 Grams

420-magazine-mobile984605658.jpg

That's 167.1 grams. Wow, I'm kinda speechless about it. Very happy with this yield. More than double what I wanted/predicted. Lol .

If counting an oz 28 grams? That's 5.96 ounces. Holy Shit. Didn't expect that from the one plant. With 260 watts, and 167 grams. That's 0.64 grams per watt.

I'm very happy, and the buds seem great quality. Even if they loose a little more weight during the cure, it shouldn't lose much.

Anyways, some pics I snapped during the process
420-magazine-mobile943113330.jpg
420-magazine-mobile653729781.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1285669640.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1240298363.jpg
420-magazine-mobile500132016.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1911744522.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1780114590.jpg
420-magazine-mobile990180098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile939846841.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1477544280.jpg
420-magazine-mobile65692683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110026473.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1398596906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1253939286.jpg

Some more bud pics to come. All in all, I'm very happy with this first grow! I consider it a success. .
Smoke report to follow as well, in a few weeks.

Looks like some very nice smoke and that's a great yield too.

That's a SWEET yield Kevin!! Congrats, looks like some real beautiful bud. Can tell it's gonna be a SUPER tasty smoke.

Damn Kevin that's a killer yield you pulled off!! And man those buds look amazing, you knocked it outta the park for sure!!
:welldone::tokin:
Hey Jay, thank you. Super happy about the yeild she gave me. Even more happy about the quality! Definitely a Grand Slam first grow, in my eyes. . .
Looks like some very nice smoke and that's a great yield too.
Yeah man it smells, and looks so good! Anxious to see how the high is. .
That's a SWEET yield Kevin!! Congrats, looks like some real beautiful bud. Can tell it's gonna be a SUPER tasty smoke.
Thank you shorti! . I love how the buds look, proud of my trim job. Lol I'm tempted to try some today, just to see. Lol I think I will
:passitleft: :goodjob: Nice work Kevin
Appreciate that 420 tech, I'm happy and believe my hard work paid off. Excited for the next grow, with some upgrades lol

So just a little update. After being in the jars now for about 24 hours, the temp gauges in the jars are all reading 59%-61% rh. So that's pretty good. I'll probably be opening the jars just to give them fresh air.

They all have Boveda 62% packs, I have ones that are rated for 8 grams. So each jar has a couple of them. I'm thinking of trying a small bud from the popcorn jar, just to see how it taste's now, compared to a few weeks from now. So I'll comment later about how that went.

Just want to thank everyone for being along for this grow, it was a pleasure having you. . smoke report will be posted in a few weeks

Thanks Kevin! Can't wait to hear how she treats you ;P

They all have Boveda 62% packs, I have ones that are rated for 8 grams. So each jar has a couple of them. I'm thinking of trying a small bud from the popcorn jar, just to see how it taste's now, compared to a few weeks from now. So I'll comment later about how that went.

Glad I read your post. I never knew that they were rated for 8 grams. Normally all the journal I've read show just one in a jar with 1 ounce.

Glad I read your post. I never knew that they were rated for 8 grams. Normally all the journal I've read show just one in a jar with 1 ounce.

Well there are different sizes of the Boveda packs. I got 20 of the 8 gram packs for free after making a few purchases at my hydro store. So I just figured I would use them. They have ones rated for an ounce and more I believe.

Real quick on the subject of boveda packs- 8 grams is the pack size of the satchet not the capacity for bud stabalization- they also come in a 60 gram size!

Here's the chart from bovedas website with the recommendation on boveda pack size to dry herb weight!
420-magazine-mobile2036831353.jpg

Hope this clears things up on those a bit .

Real quick on the subject of boveda packs- 8 grams is the pack size of the satchet not the capacity for bud stabalization- they also come in a 60 gram size!

Here's the chart from bovedas website with the recommendation on boveda pack size to dry herb weight!
420-magazine-mobile2036831353.jpg

Hope this clears things up on those a bit .
Oh ok , well I feel stupid. Lol I guess I should have double checked instead of assuming.

But thanks Strange for the info, really appreciate it.

Lol np man, y'all had me going for a sec so I had to check myself . I use the boveda 62s in a 1 liter jar with no complaints!

Back
Top Bottom