First Grow, First Journal & Hoping For First Harvest

I had some weird growth on one of mine and got a loda of help that may be of use for you: Crinkly leaf: nature or nurture

Have you tried switching the location with another plant to see if that helps?

finally and not weed related - please tell me that is actually your cat, I love it!
I thought of switching the location and did do just that this morning. I kept the other plants where they started out. Didn't know if it was a light or not doing it so did not want to mess with the others. Yes that is our cat. His name is Mojo. We also have a female and her name is Issabella. They are hairless donskoy sphinx cats and we will be breeding them sometime this year. Sent a pm with link to pic of the two cats.

I gave the plants some Cal mag at 2ml per 1000 ml's This is my dual fan setup. One runs based on temp, the other based on humidity. So far so good. Didn't give any nutes. If I wanted to I suppose I could get a power bar and run both fans off humidity to extract faster. Seems the temps top out at 81 right now and at night get down to 65 in the tent

Great. Once you have a stable environment, the next Part is the hardest. Walk away!

Check in from time to time of course, but now is the time to pass the reins over to mother nature. Stick to your watering schedule and examine your leaves once a week. But really now just wait. It's the hardest part lol.

Watching with interest

We are at day 18. Gave them another small feeding, 1.5 ml of grow A and B each along with 2 ml of diamond nectar all in a 2 liter bottle. The sad little plant is still hanging in there although I don't know that it will produce anything. Seems very stunted. The other ones are getting very bushy looking.

Also got my first 7 finger leaf.

I think you are probably right @Eirohir Just seems she is growing small leaves but she is growing, You can see her in the pic (far right). Did not give any nutes or water today. Soil appears to be damp still. I also saw my humidity was spiking at 72% so took my wash cloth off the fan. Had it so it had to suck air through 4 folds. Now it is just one so fan doesn't have to work as hard. It should extract air faster now.

Ok your little dude looks like the leaves are curling upward. Please confirm.

If this is happening then it look like she's getting too much water. You will need to dry her out completely and add water slowly. She can definitely recover. Once she demonstrates new growth you can bring to add nutes again.

Over watering is the number one killer for first grows a close second to nutrient burn. @Emilya is the resident watering expert I strongly suggest you read the best practices for watering in her sig.

Other than that your doing great and I'm really impressed so far. Far better than my first grow. But I'm still not an expert so check, double check and check again before doing anything.

I don't see the leaves curling upwards on the little one (see bottom pic). She is growing just stunted. I do see the tips on two turning downwards which says to me too much Nitrogen so will just add water for now. I have one of those 3 in one soil probes and it shows moisture at the 1/2 point or midway. I did not water yesterday and think I will skip today as well. My humidity was 90% this morning so I opened a flap at the bottom of the tent to allow better airflow. I will take a couple lengths of 4 inch ducting and take some duct tape and put washcloths on the ends to keep any bugs from entering. My room is pretty clean in that regard. I am doing this to improve air extraction otherwise it will be negative air pressure in the tent. Also thinking I should pull my home made humidifier out. I may just look at getting a dehumidifier and doing it properly. Just gotta figure it out first.
. She is

Ok bud. You do what you think is right. I just took some screens of the area I was looking at. Just to show what I see.

I could easily be wrong, but I think those leaves are going to fold and dry out. Anyways I hope I'm wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190307-224441_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190307-224441_Chrome.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20190307-224502_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190307-224502_Chrome.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 167
I would personally stick with your original diagnosis of having the heater to close to that single plant. It got too hot and is now, as you said, very stunted. They can take 2 weeks to bounce back in some cases. I would just treat it accordingly as a smaller plant and hopefully she gets rocking again soon. If not, be gone with her. Don’t let your other beauties suffer because of one upset plant. I’m hoping she recovers. Happy growing!

Thanks, Appreciate it and all of the comments received to date. Haven't heard any negativity except from my wife. She tells me I dang near killed every plant we have bought. We have 2 apple trees, two cherry trees, One plum tree, 9 blueberry bushes, a raspberry vine and some strawberries. Not to mention our other trees and hedging.
:rollit:

Thanks, Appreciate it and all of the comments received to date. Haven't heard any negativity except from my wife. She tells me I dang near killed every plant we have bought. We have 2 apple trees, two cherry trees, One plum tree, 9 blueberry bushes, a raspberry vine and some strawberries. Not to mention our other trees and hedging.
:rollit:
i planted a cherry tree a few years back in our front yard. stupid birds keep picking off the cherries when they are young. im going to get an owl statue for the yard this year and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom