First Grow, First Journal & Hoping For First Harvest

They’re lovely
Here is a pic taken just moments ago. Did I fimm it right. I figure I must have hit the nute sweet spot. They grew today. It's a visi9ble thing from when I looked at them while feeding. Feeding is quite a little process. I keep non pH'd water in a 5 gallon aerated bucket. I add grow A with a 3 ml syringe 9x and then grow B same rinsed syringe again 9x. then the nutes with the same rinsed syringe. Then fill a 2 liter bottle and water the plants then hold the hose over the soil to wet it till runoff. Then refill 5 gallon reservoir. Takes about an hour so yeah I look at the plants.
they’re lovely buddy that light seems to be doing you wonders. Seems like your just about to hit flower if I was you I would look into lst to increase your yield, it is super simple and easy yet incredibly rewarding regardless of your decision keep us updated...

Every time I see your crop I think holy hell.

My advice was going to be try lst and topping on next run. But you see like a natural so maybe just go for it.

2 things to remember about lst. Plants are leaves are solar panels they will grow when exposed to light. LST is designed so the tini tiny popcorn buds at the bottom of the plant get loads of light and grow bigger and better.

The second thing to remember is. Be bloody gentle. The sound of a branch breaking is like nails on a chalkboard. Once you hear it, it's already too late.

It's really easy to do and really easy to have an accident. If anything I would suggest a sacrificial plant to LEARN with. Before trying it on the entire crop.

Ultimately the decision is yours alone. My advice is caution.

Good luck

Every time I see your crop I think holy hell.

My advice was going to be try lst and topping on next run. But you see like a natural so maybe just go for it.

2 things to remember about lst. Plants are leaves are solar panels they will grow when exposed to light. LST is designed so the tini tiny popcorn buds at the bottom of the plant get loads of light and grow bigger and better.

The second thing to remember is. Be bloody gentle. The sound of a branch breaking is like nails on a chalkboard. Once you hear it, it's already too late.

It's really easy to do and really easy to have an accident. If anything I would suggest a sacrificial plant to LEARN with. Before trying it on the entire crop.

Ultimately the decision is yours alone. My advice is caution.

Good luck
Tell me about it buddy last night while training a shoot off the main cola I snapped it I almost smacked my self and cried but she seems to not even noticed ...

I will have to take it just like it is, I don't want to attempt anything that might be detrimental. I was even nervous about trying the fimming thing. Checked on the plants this morning and no sign of nute burn. Measured the tallest one and she is 16 inches tall now.
20190323_112501[1].jpg
20190323_112519[1].jpg
20190323_112512[1].jpg
20190323_112501[1].jpg

I will have to take it just like it is, I don't want to attempt anything that might be detrimental. I was even nervous about trying the fimming thing. Checked on the plants this morning and no sign of nute burn. Measured the tallest one and she is 16 inches tall now.
20190323_112501[1].jpg
20190323_112519[1].jpg
20190323_112512[1].jpg
20190323_112501[1].jpg
Am so jealous on your lights lol you can clearly tell that they’re loving it by how the leaves are praying to it....

Am so jealous on your lights lol you can clearly tell that they’re loving it by how the leaves are praying to it....
I can give you a parts list. I will say I was very skeptical when I decided to go for it and build the lights. To the point of, Am I just flushing money down the toilet. keep in mind I had just bought two Viparspectras 600 watt par 600 thinking these will do great. Then I found out they'd be mediocre at best. I had told my wife if I was gonna grow, I was gonna do it right. That's about where I reverse engineered the HLG 550 v2 that everyone raves about. Thought if I can get parts, It's gotta be cheaper that way. Thought about Ali Baba but too many variables with shipping duty and taxes. I don't regret having done things the way I did except I would not have bought two Vipars. I used one Vipar for seedling stage. Even then I was nervous about putting the cookie sheet lights in there. I might even give one Vipar to the step son.
Damn, I hope you give it a try on one of your girls and I didn't scare you out of trying something new.
No, We are all good. It's not so much about the yield this time around as opposed to experience in growing. One day soon I will be retiring. We have a house in Surrey BC and plan to retire to a little town called Logan lake in the interior of BC. Hundreds of lakes with 30 minute drive and we get deer in our front yard there. We do already have a house there. When we go grocery shopping, It will be with a rod n reel or a .270 Savage Axis. There is a company with plans to open a cannabis grow facility in Logan Lake and I figure this journal will be a good reference to a potential employer. I can pension out here, sell the house and work part time in retirement there. Wife is already retired.

We are now at day 38. Looking back to the seed-seedling stage That went 14 days counting to the first 5 fan leaves. That would put vegging at 24 days so far. I think I will start the flowering process on Sunday. They are 14-17 inches tall. Opinions. Gave them a larger dose of food today since they dealt nicely with the last set of nutes. In a 10 liter bucket of water I gave them 27 mls of grow A and 27 mls of grow B. Then added 33 mls of Diamond Nectar, 33 mls of Flora blend, 6 mls of Cal-mag. Sorry for boring you with numbers. This is for my benefit with future grows. You are welcome to use my feed schedule as it IS NOT COPYRIGHTED by me. lol. Just trying to be detailed. I have damp towels sitting topside of my lights. I might look into getting a dehumidifier here. It 39% RH in my tent during the day but does go up to 55% at night where the dehumidifier kicks in. Had doubts it was even working till I got water out of it. The fist pic is what I believe to be a properly fimmed Purple kush. 2nd pic is a White Widow. 3rd is a scrawny Purple kusk. 4th is a Chocolope and the 5th is a family photo.
20190325_142346[1].jpg
20190325_142341[1].jpg
20190325_142336[1].jpg
20190325_142327[1].jpg
20190325_051228[1].jpg

:) are you sure this is your first grow? I've seen pros with pics just like those!

Maybe it's the bushy wide canopy or the vibrant greens in your pics but holy hell I wish I was there for the first sampling xd. Those are some bad girls who are going to do wonderful things very soon.

Honest question, are you sure you want to flip these girls into flower now? I was under the impression waiting until day 50 was more appropriate? Or am I completely mad on this point?

This is for sure my first grow. I am in Canada and I have a firearms license. Were I to have been caught growing I would have had my rifles and firearms license seized and probably forever. That was a risk I could not take as I hunt, And a bow and arrow is not my idea of hunting. I did do some research into growing before I started and I am treating this as a science. When it comes to humidity, temperature and such. Must have missed the watering part. lol I can wait until day 50. My worry is the tent height. I don't know quite what to expect but I assume that the plants can take being 6 inches from the lights. Just kinda hoping to keep the lights higher in flower as less path blockage on the photons. I read somewhere plants will easily double in flower. In the future I think I might get another 6 strips and add to the light. More so to fill the entire space in terms of square footage. Dam ants are back too. Got some ant bait. Haven't seen any in the tent and am making sire they aren't clinging to the tent when I open it. Trying to stay two steps ahead of pests. Even have 5x7 yellow sticky sheets on coat hangars.

Not too much is new. I mixed up some nutes for tomorrows feeding. I am going away for two days right after work so with time constraints needed to pre-mix. Started with 10 liters of water and added 33 mls of grow A&B, 27 mils Diamond Nectar, 30 mls Florablend, 6 mls Cal-mag. 4 mls of pH down took it to 6.4 @Eirohir Here is where I got my grow start along with reading a few grow journals. Top pic is 4 am, Bottom pic is 3 pm.
20190327_050947[1].jpg
20190327_141829[1].jpg
20190327_141842[1].jpg

@Eirohir Here is where I got my grow start along with reading a few grow journals. Top pic is 4 am, Bottom pic is 3 pm.

Now you see that's just smart, I never even considered a book on growing, but now I see it it seemed like the obvious beginning.

May I say, your first crop, first grow first everything is far superior to mine. I just started growing because I thought it would be fun xd. Turns out growing is so addictive. I keep wanting to do better and better each time. I might even create a grow room like yours just to keep the hobby alive.

You can have some fun at my expense if you like journal in sig.

As always your girls are reaching for the sun and filling out very nicely. I don't think I could be more jealous lol. Good job

@Eirohir I did read your journal, I would think 12 days with no water is quite a long time. I have been using how much does the pot weigh with water and without. I have been going 3-4 days at most but I do have a tent and it gets up to about 80F. I think some of it also evaporates which gives rise to humidity. Where on the planet are you located. It might have to do with humidity or temps. I know from having read articles that it is all about photons which is light. You get a different spectrum of light on the longest day of the year versus shortest day. It is all about light traveling through the atmosphere. Ever notice how the sun looks on a short day versus long day and how high it is in the sky or how low it is at noon. Plants didn't miss me being away for two days. They grew and are now at 21 inches at 43 days of age
20190330_184116[1].jpg

We are now day 44 and 22 inches for the tallest plant. gave them some more nutes. 33 ml grow A & B. 10 ml diamond nectar, 10 ml florablend, and 5 ml cal-mag. Not thinking I should have added 4 ml of pH down. Hoping it'll be OK. The plants appear to be growing an inch a day for the most part. One purple kush that I fimmed is not growing as much but it is getting bushy. Friday we will flip the lighting schedule to 12 and 12. And the plants are really starting to smell. Was out on the sundeck and had a moment where I thought someone was growing, But it's me. LMAO
20190330_184116[1].jpg

As far as ph down goes , I add nutes calmag first. Then get the ph level. With tap or spring water the ph is already 6.2 ish .

On my first grow I ph'd before nutes and calmag which I guess is why my crop failed.
I tested my previous method and the ph came in around 4-5 which is on the lockout side of the ph barrier.

Hope it helps

As far as ph down goes , I add nutes calmag first. Then get the ph level. With tap or spring water the ph is already 6.2 ish .

On my first grow I ph'd before nutes and calmag which I guess is why my crop failed.
I tested my previous method and the ph came in around 4-5 which is on the lockout side of the ph barrier.

Hope it helps
I always added nutes in order A then B then diamond nectar, florablend, cal-mag and then did the pH. Just forgot the pH down on the last feeding. Won't make that mistake again. I was always doing it from memory and have now written it down and posted it on my room wall.

Back
Top Bottom