First Grow, First Journal & Hoping For First Harvest

Day 50 and switched over from grow A & G to bloom A & B 30 ml's to 15 liters water. Also put 5 ml's liquid Koolbloom, 25 ml Diamond nectar, 25 ml's flora nectar and 3 ml's cal mag. Tallest is now 29 inches. I also removed the table from the tent and cleaned out my reservoir as best as I could. I will be going away A week tomorrow for 8 days so started teaching the kid how to water my plants. @Tomuk17 Thanks for the advice it is appreciated. For a first grow I am trying to keep it simple while I LEARN. And I do learn fast.

This is day 52 and since I flipped to flowering on Saturday and with today being Monday we will call this day 2 of flowering. Took this pic this morning in the dark. I don't know if it is the phones led or not but it's looking good so far. Just looks off under this light. You can see the difference between the two pics light wise. Bottom pic is from a couple days ago. What I find amusing is the scrawny one I didn't think was going to make it is in the right front near the black ducting.
20190408_050809[1].jpg
20190404_051122[1].jpg

Please let me suggest that if you flipped on Saturday, you will be in transition for 7-10 days. At the end of this transition period, when the buds actually have started to form, that will be the first day of Flower. If you use this timing, you are going to find that the plant finishes out pretty much in accordance with the breeder's recommendations.
:goodluck:

I was just having a peek at your last set of photos and, wow.

The node spacing is perfect, those arms are going to get tired holding all that up. Might be time to consider spiking those plants or perhaps a trellis?
Either way you've out done yourself, and not to be skipping ahead but give me a shout out on the next grow I'd love to see what you do next :)

Please let me suggest that if you flipped on Saturday, you will be in transition for 7-10 days. At the end of this transition period, when the buds actually have started to form, that will be the first day of Flower. If you use this timing, you are going to find that the plant finishes out pretty much in accordance with the breeder's recommendations.
:goodluck:
That makes some sense to me. I did read on the feeding schedule for cocotek about transition. Just didn't have it explained to me. Consider this newbie educated.

I was just having a peek at your last set of photos and, wow.

The node spacing is perfect, those arms are going to get tired holding all that up. Might be time to consider spiking those plants or perhaps a trellis?
Either way you've out done yourself, and not to be skipping ahead but give me a shout out on the next grow I'd love to see what you do next :)
I might have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion. It is appreciated. Next grow might not be till November, I would be hard pressed to use more than 4-6 ounces a year. I also find it easier to deal with humidity temperature issues in winter than summer. Right now just sitting in the living room humidity is 50%. Not good unless you want mould. Winter also keeps pests in check.

So we are in transition. Gave the plants some food today. Went an extra day without feeding them. I am on a feed, Skip two day and feed 3rd. They looked sad at missing the watering yesterday but perked up. Quite amazing how resilient cannabis is. Mixed 15 liters of water with 45 mls grow A and B, 30 mls Diamond nectar, 30 mls Flora nectar, 30 mls Flora blend and 6 mls of cal-mag. Thanks @Eirohir I too hope to avoid mould by keeping humidity below 40% but find my settings will allow it to hit 44% before dehumidifier kicks in. I have now rewired one fan to turn exhaust on for 5 minutes every 1/2 hour whereas the other fan is temp controlled. Since they both feed into one pipe I hope it funtions well. Time will tell I guess.
20190410_135416[1].jpg

Been one week now since we did the 12/12 transition. Now comes the scary part. I am now leaving the kid to take care of stuff here while we go to our other house for a vacation / reno of the bathroom. Be gone for a week. Hope she doesn't mess up my plants. These pics were taken moments ago so I can say they were healthy when I left. Don't know the height of the plants. Tape measure is packed away and coming with us. lol That's a pretty standard water spray bottle though. Funny, I figured 4 plants in a 4x4 tent would be smaller, Just glad we didn't get a smaller tent.
20190414_101834[1].jpg
20190414_101811[1].jpg
20190414_101716[1].jpg

It is now 13 days since the 12/12 transition. been away for the last 6 days. Told our daughter I would send text instructions for the plants. Well I told her on Tuesday the plants will need watering and to refill the bucket with water I had in bottles sitting there and not to add nutrients yet. I had them pre-measured in bottles and any questions call me. Friday, I text her and says add nutrients to bucket one at a time and give a stir after each one. She texts me back and says already done that and watered every day. WTF. I text her back and says those were not my instructions and you are drowning my plants and not to touch them anymore. I have been home for about 5 hours and not said a word to her. I am trying to figure out how she got the idea to water every day. Wife says it could be worse. Fortunately these weeds are hard to kill and they do appear to be doing well and are well on their way to flowering.
20190420_154120[1].jpg
20190420_154115[1].jpg
20190420_154026[1].jpg
20190420_154054[1].jpg
20190420_154043[1].jpg

No harm... she must be empathic. The plants are now in their most thirsty time, the 2 weeks of stretch and they probably would have needed to be watered more often anyway. It is now time to stop drying them out so much between waterings and to use those roots you have developed to develop huge buds. As long as you see the leaves reaching up like that, the roots are doing fine... I think your plants liked what was happening and I strongly encourage you to continue to increase the water intake.

I guess we can call this 10 days into flowering. gave them some nutes on Sunday. 15 liters water and 48 ml's grow A & B, 18 ml's Diamond nectar, 18 ml's florablend, 18 ml's flora nectar, 3 ml's liquid koolbloom, 3 ml's cal mag. Did the same for today. Plants appear to want water every other day but to be safe, Me thinks me will water every other day then every other 2 days and alternate it. I will be going away for another week and this time I will be telling the kid to follow instructions as I send them by text and to READ IT. I will also be calling her. I have measured amounts of water in jugs, Measured amounts of nutes in 500 ml water bottles and have them numbered from 1-7. Enough nutes to last 3 days rather than measuring it out every watering. Water is also pH'd
20190422_092216[1].jpg
20190422_092205[1].jpg
20190422_092158[1].jpg

I know how much pH down I need to add after I put in nutes. All I am doing is adjusting pH in reverse. I had been doing that for a while and plants are doing fine. I use the same water from Costco so it should be the same no matter when it was bottled. When we were there last month I bought twenty 15 liter jugs. I have a bad habit of reverse engineering things.

Back
Top Bottom