First Grow, First Journal & Hoping For First Harvest

wait a sec... red flag...
what good does it do to pH adjust the water before adding nutes to it? Are you preadjusting the water way high so that the acidic nutes puts it where you want it?
FYI, I really do appreciate all of the advice. I would not be where I am at this point without it. keep up the good work.

Hey mate, I would sleep easier if I knew the exact ph before it touched the plants.

Even if there was only 20% lockout, that is 20%.
Like you said everything looks fine and no problems here, but.... put my mind at ease and test the next water before adding and after adding nutes.

If everything is fine I want your secret, if it's not we both learned something.

Just try it, it can't hurt

I won't be here for a week so have to do it this way. If one gets the water in the same production run since it came off the same pallet we assume it is equal for all intents and purposes. IE. pH and tds. I had been very precise in measuring. It is a pain but I use a 3 ml syringe and put it in individual 500 ml bottles with numbers on the cap from 1-7. I tried to give very specific instructions to the kid last time and this time will call her to do it my way and for her not to misinterpret things. From having followed my feeding schedule and process of mixing myself, It should be a no brainer for her. In other words, Follow things to the letter and how can one mess up. In my job I deal with weights, measures and recipes.

Oh I get ya, following simple instructions is key to success..

But I guess the point I was trying to make was.... for example. My tap water is slightly alkaline 7.8 to 8.2, when I add my nutes it drops significantly to 6.8 7.0 range. Then with just 3-4 drops of ph down it settles at 6.2- 6.5. And it's not the same every time.

So while pre-making water bottles is a great idea, I wouldn't sleep easy unless I tested each one and made certain the ph was the right range.

But even with all that said, you present as a knowledgeable fellow, and I'm sure you have things under control.
Is it worth testing the finished product? Perhaps not.

It's just I had a problem with ph on my maiden grow, and now I'm super careful every time. Probably overkill but it's how I'm built.

See you in a week! Have fun

I am back and I think we can call today day 16 of flowering. Plants were a little dry, well a lot dry. Don't think the kid wanted to drown them so just thankful she gave them some water. Gonna have to teach her some more as we go away again in a week or so. Pulled off some leaves to let light get in. I checked the pH of the water she had in the bucket and it was 6.6 so I guess my calculations on presetting things up weren't too far off the mark which is really surprising since I thought for sure I might have slipped up somewhere. Bottom pic is of tallest plant. I would have expected more smell but it's not too bad right now.
20190505_125325[1].jpg
20190505_125315[1].jpg
20190505_125303[1].jpg
20190505_125250[1].jpg
20190505_125256[1].jpg

Gave the plants a good watering today. pulled off a lot of fan leaves. Hopefully they are not too stressed about it. Made what I hope is my last purchase of legal weed. Was really hoping to stretch out my supply but did not happen. This is a before defoliation. I did manage to make some more room in my tent. removed a 15 liter water collection jug from my dehumidifier. Just ran a hose outside the tent. 4 plants plus dehumidifier sure fills the 4x4 tent.
20190507_115228[1].jpg

This is day 20 of flowering. I think things are going well. I have been pre nuting solution in small water bottles along with syringes filled with pH down. Want to make double sure my method is totally working well as we are going away for 10 days come Monday. I checked today and pH was right at 6.7 and ppm was 1152. I then added 12 liters of water and ppm came in at 266. Adding my nutes solutions in bottles brought that up to 1432 and pH is 6.8 I will check again Sunday when I do another watering. It is easier for me to do it this way than expect the kid to carry out simple instructions. I literally have to walk her through it by text and even then I worry. She does have a slight learning disability and is on govt. assistance for it. Hopefully I defoliated enough. There is always that doubt in my mind.
20190509_143450[1].jpg
20190509_143428[1].jpg
20190509_143417[1].jpg

Very nice. The main reason to defoliate is to ensure the lower buds are getting light enough to grow.
One of the apps on my phone is a light reader, lux. At the top or canopy level I'm getting around 15k lumens which is ok for my budget grow. The point is when I put the sensor under the lowest buds I would want to see a reading of at least 3k more is better obviously.

This gets done with lst and grooming the plant, getting rid of the big fan leaves allows the light to get through to the under side of the plant.

FYI I'm certain you know most of this already, but there is always a solution to uncertainty. This is my method for sharing light and it was around long before I was .

I know you wanted to give lst a go a few weeks ago but I'll caution you now as I did then, it's very easy to break a branch and after you hear the crack its already too late.

That's my two cents on grooming and light sharing for all it's worth. Good luck

Appreciate that advice. I had to pull every one out of the tent and in doing so one branch did break. Fortunately no real damage done. Was a 4 inch segment.
20190510_075406[1].jpg
Yes I should have defoliated some time ago. Me bad... I see where some buds are not quite the same in color. I suspect parts of each plant might be ready sooner than other parts. I don't know how this will all play out but stay tuned. I am sure there is more to come.

Fuck yeah mate. The lights obviously doing the job. If the Mrs only letting you grow 4 then get a hydro set up and grow 4 pounders lol. That's what I done cos she'd only let me grow one plant. (Illegal UK)
I thought, no, fuck you, think you stifle my dreams of one day owning a black bag full of weed woman!
Cracked it second time and she was goin mental. Made it all worth while :)
Get some training on them next time and you'll do even better. Get rid of that main cola and make them all the same height. Everyone ends up about half the size of the main. There's a good thread here about "quadlining" have you spotted that yet? Really productive and easy way to train the plants for max yield. Crackin job though mate. Braw happy bushes :)

Beautiful plants good work I'm with @Barney86 get rid of that main cola with some training good luck to ya I'll be hangin around
Yeah I've got beef with main colas like. Other than deliberately small autos, I top everything. I know the same results can be achieved with just lst but chopping the main off leaves a symmetrical plant that's just a lot easier to work with imo.

Yeah I've got beef with main colas like. Other than deliberately small autos, I top everything. I know the same results can be achieved with just lst but chopping the main off leaves a symmetrical plant that's just a lot easier to work with imo.
Ya I've got a white widow auto going right now journal in my signature and I topped her and she's looking great and ya definitely made training easier to do

Back
Top Bottom