First Grow Fluxing Test - THC Bomb Mars 400W II - Hydro DIY Flowtank

tadlawid

Hi All,

First of all, as i said to the first person, Renegade69, i really talk to on this fantastic website, two weeks ago, i need to apologize for my english...not my mother tongue at all and my school level is very far.

You may ask me why i dont want to post on my native language sub forum. I don't want !! that's all :) is there any better way to learn foreign language than practicing with you. :peace:

So here i am. Forty years Old and my first real grow. I live in the west indies and local weed is so bad growth here that i want to have just a descent quality without loosing my purse. I tried two local seeds under 200W CFL but two hermies. so no more talk about this poor experience.

Hermies Bro'

20140517_002734.jpg

I live in a country where it's forbidden to buy, grow and all stuff around cannabis but, and i love this paradoxe, i've got a grow shop with nice products here on my island.

Let's start :

3'X3' Tent in a room with air cooling
Temp Light On, air cooler On : 82 F°
Hydro Cooler On : 45 %
Temp Light Off, air cooler Off : 86/88 F°
Hydro Cooler Off : 60/65%

20140520_221732.jpg

Bucket Size - End of first week 1 Gal Bucket and normally 4 weeks after 3 Gal Bucket.

Soil - Plagron Royalty-mix balanced (combination of organic fertilizers that the plant fully meets its requirements during the entire cycle. Unique to this Plagron fertilizers is that it is only when the plant needs them to be released (time-released)).

Lights - 400w TOPLED MARS II / thanks SARA for your kindness.

20140520_223821.jpg

Nutrients - No nutrients for 10 first weeks because of the royalty mix just Vaalserberg Garden ELEMENT 1 roots booster for 5 first weeks, i will use from 11th week till flush some PHASE 3 still from Vaalserberg Garden,

All along the veg and bloom till flush i will water with Platinum Nutrients: EnzyMax Booster 2ml/liter

I will water the plants one time with just water and other time with power inside.

Strain(s) - THC BOMB from bombseed's
# of Plants: 2

Type: Indica/Sativa Mix
Plant Height: Short (65-90cm)
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
THC: Very High (20-25%)
Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²)
Stoned/High: Strong, all round buzz

I want to have at least 1.7 OZ per plant. so i plan to use main fluxing technique.

I assume i will need your help !! first to correct some of my barbarous sentences and of course to reach my goal.

Do you think it's possible with what i've exposed ??

Sun and rum power.

And it has begun...lol.

You will see that if you ask it they will come and help.

I'm not going to be much help with the soil thingy but will chime in when I can.

I love the cleanliness of your room. Wifey and I are very OCD when it comes to it so good job. I believe it will help with controlling pest as well. They are not allowed in my house and (knock on wood) I haven't had any on my Gurl.

So since I'm a novice in regards to soil I'll begin by asking this...who suggested time release and was that person successful using it?

Hi Renegade, Time release is from the local grow shop.

He said soil is very nutritive, "royalty-mix" i would burn my ladies wihtin 6 weeks. I will change for final 3Gal bucket and fresh royalty mix the fifth week. So the fifth week with the 6 next without nutrients, i can start to feed the 11th week.

"Plagron Royalty Mix is the blend of blends - a heavily fertilised yet naturally light and airy soil-based growing medium. Can grow for an entire harvest without additional fertilisation."

What do you think about that ? Is there anybody to give me an advise please ?

Oh i dont know this one, where does this rum comes from ? Only know indies rum but they seems to come from hell :)

Your grow setup looks very clean. I wish you the best luck on your grow.

Thanks a lot it's a pleasure to try a new experience and share it with experts. i ll learn a lot for sure

Hi Renegade, Time release is from the local grow shop.

He said soil is very nutritive, "royalty-mix" i would burn my ladies wihtin 6 weeks. I will change for final 3Gal bucket and fresh royalty mix the fifth week. So the fifth week with the 6 next without nutrients, i can start to feed the 11th week.

"Plagron Royalty Mix is the blend of blends - a heavily fertilised yet naturally light and airy soil-based growing medium. Can grow for an entire harvest without additional fertilisation."

What do you think about that ? Is there anybody to give me an advise please ?

Oh i dont know this one, where does this rum comes from ? Only know indies rum but they seems to come from hell :)

Tad,

Well hopefully your local shop knows what they are talking about. Wish I could help you with the soil questions but I am not the one to ask. I questioned the time release soil because I saw a few post suggest not to but they may have been referencing "Miracle Grow" (MG). I hope the SME's (subject matter expert) will begin to pop over and offer their assistance. I'll post on other soil journals for some input. Get ready your about to find out what I love about this site.

Obtw..low blow with that bottle...lol. Don't know what it is but would love a taste.

Subbed. Welcome Tad! I'm starting my first soil grow using Fox Farms Ocean Forest.

Big rhum agricole fan, too. Is that Damoiseau? I've never seen the XO around here.

Subbed.' Just so you know if you feed your plants rum they will like it at first.......After a month or two tho they will start getting loud with you and before you know it they are slapping you around and making you clean the floor with a toothbrush. Lol it's still early. I haven't been a fan of self release fertilizer soil. I prefer to give them what they need when they need at and how much. GJ on that MarsII I just bought the 900 Watt LED. Should arrive at my door any day now.

Well I grow in soil for the most part and am going back to growing in soil for the whole part but you really have to be careful with the time released soils. I used Miracle Grow with my first grow and you can get a harvest but it won't be great and it will not taste very good because you cannot really flush time released nutes. Then when you get to flowering if you add any additional nutes for bloom you run a very large chance of burning your girls. However since you already have them in that soil we need to figure out how to make it work for you.
My best advise is to use the K.I.S.S. system....(keep it simple) Your girls will tell you if and when they need something and with the soil you are using that makes it kinda hard to know what to give them and how much but if they are looking deficient in something only add about 1/4 of the recommended amount because of the added nutes to your soil.
Hopefully KingJohn will make his way over here and he is the one that got me through me first grow quit successfully in my opinion.
If you could post some pics of the girls and up close it would help a lot........:circle-of-love:

Subscribed. When you refer to the soil a complete organic soil is great if you can get one to use, I would not recommend using any soil with time released nutrients as the nutrients are released at inconsistent rates and will often complicate many grows. When I first started growing I started with Miracle Gro soil with time released nutrients thinking the time released nutrients would provide an advantage, I had many problems with my plants which included nutrient burning and stunted growth. I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://www.pthorticulture.com pro-mix hp growing medium

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

Subbed.' Just so you know if you feed your plants rum they will like it at first.......After a month or two tho they will start getting loud with you and before you know it they are slapping you around and making you clean the floor with a toothbrush. Lol it's still early. I haven't been a fan of self release fertilizer soil. I prefer to give them what they need when they need at and how much. GJ on that MarsII I just bought the 900 Watt LED. Should arrive at my door any day now.

Ha ha ha ha :) like this kind of humour

Ok two experts sames advice, thanks a lot mates.

The news is I'm finally going HYDROOOO, i'm doing tonight my own NFT, i will post pics i promise.

I passed last night reading hydro guides so :

20140522_171541_1_.jpg

Will be ready within 3 days, time to desinfect and stabilize clay's peebles PH.

Wihtout U i wouldn"t have gone hydro but feel safe finally

First of all i would like to thanks all last persons who popped here, i'm so proud to see names who are normally on top of grow journals i read. Renegade, Teldren, Dennise i love so much your journals, and KingJohnC, sorry Capt. KingJohnC thanks a lot of course.

So as you see, i go hydro for now, you definitely convinced me.

i found several way to do it and i decide to go NFT. Pics arrive soon, it's going to be a little bit difficult to translate but, i will.

So Dennise and her popcorn will have first pics

I' bought :

2 X 50 litres plastic boxes.
1 air pump
1 water pump 600l/h
EC/PH tester
19 mm Tube
2 Plastic valves
Neopren glue

First of all i've taped up the low tank, and will do the up one later. I don't want any light to kill nutrients and roots.

20140522_173831_1_.jpg

I used plasticboard loosely cut, i tried, to make the separation beetween the two boxes

20140522_174716_1_.jpg

20140522_191939.jpg

The first valve for incoming and outcoming water is installed at the very low of the up box

20140522_182443.jpg

i connect this valve to the water pump in order to touch the bottom, first test works very fine

20140522_182834.jpg

20140522_192010.jpg

So next step after my quick dinner

Sun and rum

Ok i've connected the second valve at the opposite for the overflowing, on the main one i decided to insert a grid, clay's peebles are smaller than expected.

20140522_200605.jpg

20140522_200647.jpg

20140522_200251.jpg

Test Done it fills with 20 litres of water within two minutes, overflowing works well, need to glue everything, desinfect everything et adjust peebles PH during three days

Edit : At the moment clay peebles in the water for two hour, tap water PH 7.1, with peeble 8.

Sun and coffee

I have only gotten the size hydroton I wanted one time and just like what you have is what has come every other time. It is smaller and certainly not uniform in size but it works just the same. I of course just use it on top of my medium to make it easier to water but do wish they would be a bit larger... Everything you have done looks great. I have very little knowledge of hydro growing but what I see looks great......:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom