First grow funky dotty leaves

Gusty79

420 Member
Hello,
Im having a bit of a hard time decifering whats going on with one of my outdoor varanda plants.
It started on the windy side, at the bottom, some of the leafs had white and brown dots coming from the leaf veins. Slowly it start spreading around on that side and going up.
I inspect with a bad magnifier but no traces of moving insects on both sides, just the marks.
I reasearched online but cant find anything that resembles what is going on here. Took some pics and showed at the grow shops in town but nobody could tell me anything concrete.
Maybe somebody with a better knowledge can give me a north on how to proceed and what is is and how to prevent.
Many thanks

167BB03D-3C8C-4B86-8222-487BB260F5F1.jpeg
E32B8D7E-6F09-4F6A-8C63-AA766F44576C.jpeg
3B1DE6D7-48D5-40E8-A5E1-F85D170F0209.jpeg
036DBD89-3111-4D4D-A67A-80C73A04C743.jpeg

It looks like either spider mites or thrips and, from you not being able to see them, my first guess would be spider mites. It does not appear to be any nutrient deficiency. You need to inspect the underside of the leaves very closely with at least a 10x magnifying glass. Look for signs of webbing, too, though you may not see that unless the infestation is bad. If still in veg, you can foliar spray neem oil and/or some insecticidal soap; and, some no-pest-strips may help, too.

:Namaste:

K

Thanks mate.
Actually i did spray neem oil/sodium bicarbonate/water solution on the infested leaves trying to avoid the flower as its already flowering.
No traces of any insects or webbing. Just those dots.
I trimmed most of the affected leaves taking care to not trim too much.
Got some lady bugs underway. Lets see.
Found 1 picture similar to my problem and its in polish. Translating the arcticle it points to calcium deficiency or overdose.
Ill have a look on that too.
Cheers

Attachments

• 6D981BB3-E938-43CA-A708-0B533B3DC8A1.png
    6D981BB3-E938-43CA-A708-0B533B3DC8A1.png
    759.4 KB · Views: 101
That's definitely mites, you will need a 20 or 30x loupe to see them! Also lady bug don't really like mites, yeah they will eat them but they prefer aphids and then thrips. Honestly the only bug that can completely remove mites from a cannabis plant is the pirate bug, it is the only true cannabis plant protector, as it will kill every kind of bug and their larvae that is harmful to cannabis plants. They call them the pirate bug because they are indiscriminate predators, sort of like the pirates of old, meaning... while they might eat just 10 to 20 pests a day, they will purposely kill up to 50 more pests without eating them in that same day!

It looks like either spider mites or thrips and, from you not being able to see them, my first guess would be spider mites. It does not appear to be any nutrient deficiency. You need to inspect the underside of the leaves very closely with at least a 10x magnifying glass. Look for signs of webbing, too, though you may not see that unless the infestation is bad. If still in veg, you can foliar spray neem oil and/or some insecticidal soap; and, some no-pest-strips may help, too.

:Namaste:

K
Yeah mites has same problem last year

Back
Top Bottom