First Grow - Gavita Pro 1000 Grow Lights - Green Kush & Train Wreck

Hi Ty, welcome to the beautiful world of growing your own medicine! You're off to a much better start than I was in the beginning. Heat. It's your enemy. If you're at 85 with one light you'll definitely want to get venting ASAP. Two lights may require you to add air conditioning to wherever you're pulling fresh air from, like a 10,000btu window unit outside the room from which you're pulling air through your passive intake...Am I making sense?

Secondly, that Ocean Forrest is a little "hot" for early transplants in my experience. See about getting some Fox Farms Happy Frog to cut it with, 50/50, to keep from burning the plants. I still use that mix, cut to 75/25 soil/perlite. I mix the Ocean Forrest and Happy Frog at 50/50, then cut that with 25% perlite. But it's just my preference from over the years. Personally, I'd recommend if you can scrape up a little cash, I'd ask Doc Bud to PM you about getting one of his soil kits to truly run good dirt.

Here's wishing you good luck on your first grow!!

Thank you so much for the input. We have mixed the fox farm down by about 50% with some other more neutral organic mixes. I'd love some input about nutrients and/or guno, bone meal....ext. We are also running ac into the room with the filtered fan running air out. So the temperature is going down but I will keep everyone updated with how it all works out

Sent from my SM-G930P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: First Grow - Gavita Pro 1000 Grow Lights - Green Kush & Train Wreck

Transplants will run hot but I think your plants are gunna be ok, if that's what it rooted in. I'm using fish fertilizer and then a kelp for flower with two epsom salt infusions one in veg and 1 in flower with FFOF and some happy frog. Which you should look into if your going to have perpetual garden, it has beneficials for roots/young plants and is never a band amendment. Nice room by the way and love that you guys are doing it togeather!

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The room is finally finished, we got the temp down to about 75°F and 40% humidity. Our local hydro/garden store carries all of that so I'll look into the kelp and picking up one bag of happy frog to throw in the mix

420-magazine-mobile1344705494.jpg
Ventilation in, and a window unit a/c, the temperature and humidity is perfect so far!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That is out-take, we have to get a mount then she will be on the ceiling, as for the intake we still have to get another fan for that. Is an intake needed? Or can we survive without?

Nice, it should be perfect on the ceiling :thumb:

It really depends on your environment, temp and humidity of air coming in etc.

Its kind of something you need to figure out by testing, if you run the room on full for a day or 2 with passive intake, monitor your stats, if everything is within range you might get away with a passive intake.

Huge or lots of plants in flower create a lot of humidity that needs to be removed, an active intake could help your out-take remove even more air by lowering the negative pressure, reducing stress and increasing the performance of the fan.

GreenFingers

We'll have to see how it all turns out this week, our humidity and temperature is good so far but it has not even been a whole day. Thank you GreenFingers .

The room is finally finished, we got the temp down to about 75°F and 40% humidity. Our local hydro/garden store carries all of that so I'll look into the kelp and picking up one bag of happy frog to throw in the mix

My mantra has always been: Nothing is more important than the environment.

If you want success, make sure you can control the weather in there! Too many people think of the environment as trying to keep things a bit more cool due to the heat from the lights.

If you want to be successful, you must have the ability to STABILIZE your environment no matter what is happening outside the grow room. AC, heat, dehum, humidifier, fans.....all of it.

Don't skimp or be satisfied with "It's pretty good." Strive to control it.

If you do, you'll thank me later! I do lots of consulting on grow rooms for people and they always gripe when I have them spending extra money on stuff, but those that follow through realize pretty quick that it makes all the difference.

The ONLY advantage to growing indoors is the ability to control the weather. If we fail to take full value in that area, we're doomed to second class produce at the huge cost of electricity.

Thank you so much, its good to know we have someone with a lot of experience looking out. But yes I'm doing all I can to control everything the best I possibly can, I'm looking into new insulation and new ac and sealing the room completely. If you can recommend any products as far as humidity control and temp control we would love any imput

What you need will be dependant on your situation;

Humidity too high - Dehumidifier, will also heat room

Humidity too low - Humidifier

Temperature too high - More Ventelation or Air Conditioner

Temperature too Low - Heater

Temperature between 24c - 27c

Humidity Seedlings 70% - 80%

Humidity Vegging 60% - 70%

Humidity Flower Early 50%

Humidity Flower Late 40%

If you have a look at my journal (blue link in signature) I discuss a lot about specs etc

GreenFingers

My local shops are pushing those gravitas but dont have them in store. Im gonna check this out. Im interested in the light. Doc bud put a good comment in your journal, maintaining a solid environment is truley key. Ill be watching. I love me a journaled build out. Good luck man, i think u got some good gear for it.

So far I love these lights, they worried us at first due to the low ceiling and heat output. Once we got the room ventilated and finished its not a problem at all. A steady 75°F with these lights running. Also the light spectrum is very impressive its like having your own personal sun.

So far I love these lights, they worried us at first due to the low ceiling and heat output. Once we got the room ventilated and finished its not a problem at all. A steady 75°F with these lights running. Also the light spectrum is very impressive its like having your own personal sun.

That's the first thing I noticed about the lights. LED's work great, but I never wanted to bask under them.

These Gavitas? I feel like suntanning! They are so damn comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom