First grow having some problems

hyperformance

This is my first post, although I am a long time reader. I am currently a week and a half into my first grow. I will be starting a journal later this week when the rest of my equipment makes it here. Anyway I am growing with a 400w metal halide and will be switching to HPS for flower. The problem I am having is that my seedling seems to be kind of "droppy".
I am using the dyna-gro line for nutes. Right now I have the foliage pro and bloom but I have proteckt and mag pro coming on Friday. I am growing in a 5 gallon bucket DWC with rockwool and pea gravel as my medium. I am thinking about taking the seedling out of the pea gravel in putting into hydroton though.
I first noticed my seedling having problems about a week into my grow so at 7 days I changed the water in my res. After changing the water the plant seemed to perk up real nice but about 2 days later started sagging back down. I am thinking it may be my humidity, which seems to drop to around 36% about 10 hours after the lights come on. I have a humidifier but my cool tube will not be here till Friday and it makes my room to hot without the tube for my light. I am hoping that when I get my cool tube in and take some of the fans i have blowing now out that my humidity will stay more "steady".
Anyway I was hoping I could post some pics of my seedling and see if maybe some of you vets could give me your 2 cents. Im sorry if I left any info out and ill answer any questions asap. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
3_jpeg.jpg
2_jpeg.jpg
1_jpeg.jpg

This is my first post, although I am a long time reader. I am currently a week and a half into my first grow. I will be starting a journal later this week when the rest of my equipment makes it here. Anyway I am growing with a 400w metal halide and will be switching to HPS for flower. The problem I am having is that my seedling seems to be kind of "droppy".
I am using the dyna-gro line for nutes. Right now I have the foliage pro and bloom but I have proteckt and mag pro coming on Friday. I am growing in a 5 gallon bucket DWC with rockwool and pea gravel as my medium. I am thinking about taking the seedling out of the pea gravel in putting into hydroton though.
I first noticed my seedling having problems about a week into my grow so at 7 days I changed the water in my res. After changing the water the plant seemed to perk up real nice but about 2 days later started sagging back down. I am thinking it may be my humidity, which seems to drop to around 36% about 10 hours after the lights come on. I have a humidifier but my cool tube will not be here till Friday and it makes my room to hot without the tube for my light. I am hoping that when I get my cool tube in and take some of the fans i have blowing now out that my humidity will stay more "steady".
Anyway I was hoping I could post some pics of my seedling and see if maybe some of you vets could give me your 2 cents. Im sorry if I left any info out and ill answer any questions asap. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
3_jpeg.jpg
2_jpeg.jpg
1_jpeg.jpg

hyper-do you have a ph pen and ppm or ec device.
also at what dosage are you feeding(how much per gal)
the only thing I can see wrong in the pics is maybe you are feedin her kinda high,and the only reason I say that is because her lif tips look like they are about to start clawing down (like nitrogen toxicity).but the plant really does look great,without knowing what I asked in the beginning I would say she is fine.btw what strain is that,and good luck.

need more info

Thank you for your response. I do have a ppm pen and I have been keeping the pH between 5.5 and 6.5. The strain is unknown because the seeds came from a friend which could be good or bad I guess. As far as nuts go I start out at quater strength which is 5 ml for 4 gallons of water. After doing some research I think my water level may have been to high so I dropped it down a bit. I also think that the air stone I'm using may not be enough. I'm using a 5 inch bubble bar right now but I just ordered a medium size air stone from amazon. Tomorrow my dyna gro protekt and mag pro will be here. I have a feeding chart that I got from dyna gro and I'm gonna start on week two Saturday when I change the rez

Hi hyper,

A ph meter and ec/ppm meter are 2 different things, you really need a ec meter to know exactly how much you are feeding.

I dont think nutrient manufacturers instructions are really helpful you are much better off adding nutrients based on your ec and then the plant will tell you if you are feeding to much or not enough.

Thank you for your response. I do have a ppm pen and I have been keeping the pH between 5.5 and 6.5. The strain is unknown because the seeds came from a friend which could be good or bad I guess. As far as nuts go I start out at quater strength which is 5 ml for 4 gallons of water. After doing some research I think my water level may have been to high so I dropped it down a bit. I also think that the air stone I'm using may not be enough. I'm using a 5 inch bubble bar right now but I just ordered a medium size air stone from amazon. Tomorrow my dyna gro protekt and mag pro will be here. I have a feeding chart that I got from dyna gro and I'm gonna start on week two Saturday when I change the rez

I agree with Urdaddy, back that ppm off to 300 ppm or 1/8 - 1/4 bottle directions, they are really dark green for that stage of growth. Also, maintain a pH of 5.7 - 5.8, that will help keep the root zone in balance.

Back
Top Bottom