MidwestPounds

I just picked up 6 150w 6500Kelvin 2800Lumens CFL Daylight Soft white bulbs
I also picked up 6 separate reflectors, and a power strip with a built in timer

I will have a estimated space of 5foot Tall, 4Foot wide/deep. I would like a little input from experienced CFL growers as what to expect size wise of plants yield is the least of my worries I just want to get the experience for the first go around.

how far apart my lights should be from the plants from seedling, Veg, Flower. I also picked up some " Jiffy Organic Seed Starting Mix " strictly for my babies as they start out in Solo Cups is that a decent starter mix?? I also need a little input on what soil I should use for when I Transfer to my 3gallon pots.

As embarrassing as it is, I'm going to admit I'm using bag seed so Strain and sex is unknown.

Please use detail I'm kind of nervous on my approach and don't want to over/under do it

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Since none seems to want to help a fellow beginner out with a few encouraging words I just jumped into it today, I will be starting a grow journal later tonight with a few pics of what I have to work with if anyone want to follow me along this lovely journey into my first grow.

I've been growing with CFL's. In my veg space I have 1 250W 6500K 15,000 lumens and 8 23w 1600 lumens on each side of the big bulb reflector 27,800 total lumens Seedlings have 6 23w 1600 lumens on them. With the grow surrounded by reflective material I got at the Dollar store. In the lower corner is 2 Sour D Seedlings I'm main-lining, Google mainling for instruction on that. I will say be sure you have a fan in there mine is blowing on the light and tops of the plants. Monitor the temps and humidity it helps a lot. As for the light spacing the CFL bulbs as close as you can get them with out burning your plants mine are a few inches away. The big light is a lil further away as it was burning the plants. I'ts been working for me so far. have 2 harvests under my belt and a flower cycle going right now. The more research you do the better it will get. There are alot of differing opinions on here from very knowledgeable growers on here so make your own decisions and try it if it works it works. That's how I've gotten better! Remember to PH your water and monitor it! I water with a ph of 6.0 I grow in Ocean Forest Fox Farm Soil with a 30% perlite mix. As far as the stash seed that's how I started, Even cloned the female 3x. Find out what works for you then buy some seed! I have 10 White Widow Fems to germinate I just need the plants I have to finish!!
20160312_193749_1_.jpg
20160221_172342.jpg
20160312_193724.jpg
20160312_193637.jpg

My first grow was CFL (link in sig) starting my 2nd grow now using CFL's but may switch the HPS on payday still undecided.

CFL's did well in first grow, dont go thinking they dont put out heat, they do just not as much, a fan can take care of it in my little closet.
Also remember a watt is a watt so if your running 600 actual watts it will cost the same as a 600 watt HPS (not including ventilation)

I couldn't figure out how to start a journal on here, they just hit day 16. From what I've seen from previous growers my girls are on the right track. The photos are from day 11 I'll have some updates for you tomorrow.

image9243.jpeg
image9240.jpeg
image9242.jpeg
image9241.jpeg
image9244.jpeg
image9245.jpeg
image9239.jpeg

Update topped after 4th node grew. Pics are week after topping. They are 3 weeks old. Since it's my first I have a trial and error process. Only 1 was topped and the other I'm leaving natural. Purplish stems on the one I think is from my temps dropping down in high 50s low 60s I left my window open the other night and she is starting to bounce back. Growth is becoming phenomenal. I'm sure there are better looking ones out there but for my first time I'd say I'm on the right track. Not sure if the droopy one is from genetics or if it's lacking both have been on the Same schedule since day one both bag seed from different strains not sure as to which is which but there starting to get a slight skunk to them.

image9822.jpeg
image9823.jpeg
image9824.jpeg
image9825.jpeg
image9826.jpeg

Looking great there MP, whats your watering schedule? And are you going to be transferring in to bigger pots soon?

Little tip for next time as well dont be shy with the pots, if you can fill them to the top fill 'em right up :)

Back
Top Bottom