first grow i need some help from seasoned growers

wes93moon

so i have been wanting to grow for a while so i got a really good batch about a week ago so i picked out the bigger darker seeds and i put 3 of the in water for 24hrs and the planted them they were cracked after putting them in water and i had about 5 other seeds i just planted in soil im using miracle grow soil with organic plant food mixed in the soil so i planted two seeds in two differnt 6inch plastic pots planted the about 1/2 inch deep and 1 seed in about 8-10inch pot planted same depth and i planted 2 in 4inch plastic cups and those about 1/4inch deep and i have them under two florescent 32w bar bulbs with 2700 lumens each if that even matters right now there about a foot under the lights i also have a night glo moon light that puts off heat in the grow room to keep it warm and a normal humidifier to get the humidity up i planted them 2 days ago no sigh of them sprouting at all
how long will it take and did i do anything wrong

i planted my seeds in MG organic potting mix, they grew up fine. lower your lights to about 2-4 inch above soil.

I agree with Screwnuts. The issue with time release soil is more when you get to the end.. how do you flush out the nutes. How do you feed nutes in addition to the time release nutes without causing nute burn/damage to the plant. I used MG in some of my first grows, and even though it did work, there were issues as well.

I use nothing but Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, but if you prefer a different brand that achives the same result that is fine too. This also allows me to use the full compliment of Fox Farm nutes without issues or concerns.

:goodluck: on your grow. There are a lot of knowledgeable growers on this site:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom