First Grow In 6 Years!

West272

Hello everyone, nice to meet all of you. I am starting this grow diary so you all can follow and possibly offer me advice in my journey back into the swing of things. I have been away for about 6 years while serving in the navy and i am eager to get to the grow! As for my equipment i will be using as follows:

Propagation:

1. Vivosun Seedling Heat Mat
2. 2x2x1.5 grodan Rockwool cubes
3. Nursery planting pot with humidity dome
4. Byingo 2ft 32 Watt light

Grow:

1. 900 watt phlizon LED light
2. 2x2x1.5 grow tent
3. 500ml mini Humidifier
4. 2x2 trellis (For possible ScroG)
5. Clip Fan
6. 2 gal pots
7. Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
8. Vivosun PH and TDS meter
9. 4in 150 CFM inline duct fan
10. Carbon filter

Nutrients:

1. Maxigro
2. MaxiBloom
3. KoolBloom
( I will be using K.I.S.S. Method)

I will maybe be aquiring a 1000 Watt LED light here soon. Anywho, the genetics are some White Widow Autos from ILGMJ. I decided to start with these as i figured it could be a good way to get my feet wet after over a decade of a hiatus. I have heard autos could possibly be an easier experience. Any thoughts on this? Anyways i will post more when these girls pop and hopefully post some pictures.

Hey west. I'll sit in on your grow. Welcome to 420 mag! :ciao:

Looks like you got all the gear you need to get you started. How many plants were you planning to grow in that size tent? Some autos can get pretty big, some are smaller. You may only want to do 1 plant if it expected to be a larger plant. Searches for the same breeder strain would be a good suggestion before deciding on 1, 2 or 4. 4 would be the max with proper training if it's a smaller size strain.

Autos can be easier to start with but also can be tricky. Their veg life is only 3 to 5 weeks depending on the strain and size of pots. I started indoors with autos, was a good experience.

I'll be around to see hownthings go for you. If you have any questions I can try to help you out. If not, there's a ton of more knowledgable folks here that are more than willing to help.

Hey west. I'll sit in on your grow. Welcome to 420 mag! :ciao:

Looks like you got all the gear you need to get you started. How many plants were you planning to grow in that size tent? Some autos can get pretty big, some are smaller. You may only want to do 1 plant if it expected to be a larger plant. Searches for the same breeder strain would be a good suggestion before deciding on 1, 2 or 4. 4 would be the max with proper training if it's a smaller size strain.

Autos can be easier to start with but also can be tricky. Their veg life is only 3 to 5 weeks depending on the strain and size of pots. I started indoors with autos, was a good experience.

I'll be around to see hownthings go for you. If you have any questions I can try to help you out. If not, there's a ton of more knowledgable folks here that are more than willing to help.
Thanks so much! I realize the veg cycle is very fast, so i am sure there will be some growing pains, i was thinking of doing a comparison of MaxiGro Nutes and GeoFlora Nutes side by side, just for kicks. What do you guys think?

Autos aren't too bad but yes the veg cycle can kind of fly by on some strains.
As far as a side by side comparison, would that defeat the purpose of your kiss method? Also something to think about, real side by side comparisons should be done with clones, this way each plant is genetically the same as each other and will be more of a comparison as it would be with seeds.

Just my 2 cents. Happy Easter!

Autos aren't too bad but yes the veg cycle can kind of fly by on some strains.
As far as a side by side comparison, would that defeat the purpose of your kiss method? Also something to think about, real side by side comparisons should be done with clones, this way each plant is genetically the same as each other and will be more of a comparison as it would be with seeds.

Just my 2 cents. Happy Easter!
Thanks for the advice, that was my intent to clone them then compare lol. As for the method i figured it wouldn't be any different as they are both 2 part regimes, i could be wrong though but if i do run side by side i will make a separate journal. Happy Easter!

Thanks for the advice, that was my intent to clone them then compare lol. As for the method i figured it wouldn't be any different as they are both 2 part regimes, i could be wrong though but if i do run side by side i will make a separate journal. Happy Easter!
I don't think youll want to try cloning those plants. You can clone autos, but it's not usually worth it in the end. Here's why..

If you clone an auto, it's an exact replica of the mother, including age. With autos, the flowering cycle is determined by itself over a number of days instead of needing light timing to change.

So, if you clone an auto at say day 20, the clone is also 20 days old. If the mother plant starts to flower on day 30, that clone is more than likely going to do the same thing. The end result, will be a tiny clone with a couple tiny bud sites, it won't have the chance to grow.

That all being said, some autos go longer before flowering, and if they are a vigorous grower, you could possibly get some successful clones and flower them out, they just won't amount to much at all making the time and effort not worth it

I don't think youll want to try cloning those plants. You can clone autos, but it's not usually worth it in the end. Here's why..

If you clone an auto, it's an exact replica of the mother, including age. With autos, the flowering cycle is determined by itself over a number of days instead of needing light timing to change.

So, if you clone an auto at say day 20, the clone is also 20 days old. If the mother plant starts to flower on day 30, that clone is more than likely going to do the same thing. The end result, will be a tiny clone with a couple tiny bud sites, it won't have the chance to grow.

That all being said, some autos go longer before flowering, and if they are a vigorous grower, you could possibly get some successful clones and flower them out, they just won't amount to much at all making the time and effort not worth it
I see!! You might have just saved me a butt load of time lol

I agree , do not clone autos :thumb: ,

Could also end up being a waste of money. Think about the nutes and power saved along with your time and effort.

I just figured I should explain it thoroughly. It is possible to clone them yes, but not so much worth the time.

dry soil and cold :laugh: :laugh:
P1080186.jpg
P1080194.jpg
:rofl:

Lol I will just forgo all the training and what not gonna let the girls do what they do and focus on not tripping over my feet for this coming out of retirement grow lol
That's right. Get your feet wet again for this grow and stick with your kiss method. Once you get the hang of things again, try new experiments.

I know all to well what it's like to get rusty. I stopped for 2 years and was still scratching my head when I restarted my room :laughtwo:

Today i recieved a second light! It is a 1000 watt SLAOUWU. I havent really heard of this brand before, but it was free so im not complaining. I am thinking of running my 900 watt and 1000 watt together as the space ifls perfect for them both. My seeds should be arriving tomorrow i will post pics of the setup and the first steps in the propagation process. Stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom