TumultuousHPY

Hey all... getting my grow on again, after not having sufficient space for five years. Went to a local dispensary and picked up some clones. x1 Red Headed Stranger (RHS), x1 Afghani (AF), x1 Goji OG Queen Mother (GOG), x1 Kandy Kush (KK) and x3 Cherry Lime Haze (CLH). I have substantial space, so I'm growing five mothers. The two extra CLH will go into flower, to get me started. This is a journal that will follow the two CLH from now to harvest.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Cherry Lime Haze - 80/20 Sativa Dominant Hybrid
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg under 24 hours of light.
If in Veg... For how long?
In my possession for three days... look a few weeks old.
Soil or Hydro?
Soil. Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Size of light?
24" Lithonia Lighting T5 24 watt bulbs.
Is it aircooled?
This cuttings box is open air with a fan for circulation.
Temp of Room/cab?
75-80 degrees
How often are you watering?
When top soil is bone dry.
Type and strength of ferts used?
Recommended amount of Iguana Juice

image11791.jpeg

The three Cherry Lime Haze clones are up front and will be the focus of this journal.

Enjoy! I'll keep this updated regularly. Any tips, criticism, suggestions and questions are highly encouraged :Namaste:

-TumultuousHippie

Yo, I just noticed you are in Denver too. Sweet deal man. Good luck on this. If you are looking for more light on a budget when you switch to flower, I used CFL's and they are doing awesome work right now in the tent. Help keep the tent cool as well.

Is this a indoor/outdoor grow? what kind of containment do you have going for them if outdoor. Those damn squirrels get to my buddies stuff every time.

Loving the Denver weather!

Cheers

CGM

Finally feels like Spring!

Indoor. My lady and I live in a four-plex with a large yard, but we're in the middle of DU's campus... can't imagine outdoor plants being left alone by the hundreds of students that walk past the yard every day :(. I've got a few weeks before I need to get my next room setup... I'm thinking LEDs... not really on a budget, I just skimped a little for this cuttings/clones box, to get started. When I ran HPS lighting back in the day, it was such a huge pain keeping the room below 85 degrees. Definitely going to do CFLS or LEDS for energy saving and temp control. Theyre still in the soil from the Dispensary (Kind Love), but will put them in Fox Farms Ocean Forest when I get them in some pots for the second stage of veg, in the larger room.

Stoked to be farmin' again!

Finally feels like Spring!

Indoor. My lady and I live in a four-plex with a large yard, but we're in the middle of DU's campus... can't imagine outdoor plants being left alone by the hundreds of students that walk past the yard every day :(. I've got a few weeks before I need to get my next room setup... I'm thinking LEDs... not really on a budget, I just skimped a little for this cuttings/clones box, to get started. When I ran HPS lighting back in the day, it was such a huge pain keeping the room below 85 degrees. Definitely going to do CFLS or LEDS for energy saving and temp control. Theyre still in the soil from the Dispensary (Kind Love), but will put them in Fox Farms Ocean Forest when I get them in some pots for the second stage of veg, in the larger room.

Stoked to be farmin' again!

Hell yea man, outdoor has its dangers lol. More so in DU I'm positive. Looking forward to watching your girls grow up. LED grow sounds like fun, much safer and easier on the plants as well. I guess in the long run they will end up paying for themselves with the energy costs being much lower than HPS/MH.

Cheers.

Looking forward to watching this grow and learning. In my first grow now and can't wait to start my next in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Quick question... This cuttings/clones box is in my living room, at the moment. The front of the box is covered with some tye-dyed fabric and covers 2/3 of the front of the box... I have a fan running on the inside, pulling in new air and my temps are great. Should put in an exhaust fan? The box is never 100% closed and I have to imagine that the fabric is fairly breathable and that the girls are getting enough good air, but still... exhaust fan or no? One of the cheap little exhaust fans at Home Depot.

Thanks... I have a 2'x4'x4' tent that these girls will go into when they're larger, for they're second stage of veg. That tent will have exhaust and a filter. When they're ready to flower, I have two 3'x3'x6' tents. I think I'm set on LED's for those, for less heat and the energy savings. I'm thinking a MarsHydro 600watt for each flower tent. And will do on the cuttings/clone box... temps and humidity are on point and the ladies are strong, with a slight breeze on 'em. I'll just leave that box as-is.

Great work it seems like you have everything under control and lots of space, I look forward to seeing the development :)

I personally prefer MH and HPS for growing but LED is understandable with your heat and height restrictions, I know everyone seems to go for Mars Hydros but my research into LED led me to believe that Platinum LEDs produced the best, with the highest PAR output with the best range of spectrum bands from IR to UV.

Keep up the good work :)

GreenFingers

What are your thoughts on the RH here in Denver Tumult, as far as drying goes? I am worried about the buds drying out too fast during their dry stage. Should I be adding some kind of hydration to the air during this process? Coming up soon and it has me scratching my head big time.

Thoughts?

CGM

When I was growing five years ago, I was pretty lucky. I was working in a basement and it was always much more humid than upstairs and outdoors. Not in that place anymore, so I'm a little concerned as well. A friend of mine, definitely a Master Grower, hangs the entire plant to dry. He says the hanging fan leaves keep the buds from drying to fast. Less time drying, more time curing in jars.... Two months in jars, opened twice daily for six minutes. Doesn't trim until he puts them into the jars. I expect some trial and error with this first harvest. You'll be drying well before me, so fortunately I'll get to follow your lead on this one CGM :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey all! The girls are looking great. The top soil is getting pretty dry, so I'll be feeding them with their first hit of Iguana Juice.

Seeing some preflowers on the Cherry Lime Haze. No way these are auto-flower... might call the dispensary to make sure, though. I topped the Afghani this morning (far right) and expect it to get super bushy. Decided to put this straight into flower, without taking clones. I grew Afghani in the past and just decided to give it up. Going to let it flower and that will be that.

420-magazine-mobile44465650.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1334499913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here are some pics from today's feeding. The Afghani will out-grow this box by this time next week or even before that. Getting a tent setup on Monday.

420-magazine-mobile543479279.jpg

Cherry Lime Haze plant #1

420-magazine-mobile1465783512.jpg

Cherry Lime Haze plant #1

420-magazine-mobile1661166071.jpg

Kandy Kush

420-magazine-mobile130289544.jpg

Kandy Kush

420-magazine-mobile1071453872.jpg

Goji OG Queen Mother

420-magazine-mobile608142162.jpg

Goji OG Queen Mother