First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

Keeping air moving will help a lot, it keeps mold spores from landing on the plants.

Good point; I never thought of that. I just thought the air movement kept them drier. There are so many buds laying on top of each other I think I will inspect it deep down every day.

If you can shift the branches a bit each time it will expose different surfaces to the air and help keep the moisture from getting trapped. That's if you can shift them!

That is a good idea. My humidity is close to 50% so I am really going to stay on top of it.

Day 82 or 11 weeks and five days of Budding.

Here I am almost at week 12 of flowering a strain of Cannatonic that is supposed to take 8 to 10 weeks with still lots of clear. There is some amber but seems to be a lot more clear. I really don’t know what to do with this damn thing, to be honest. I think I will give the damn thing another god damn week, LOL.

!cid_3f3bdcf3-3c56-401c-82ff-21166a348c00@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_07ac8982-7860-49a1-8248-3faf08017001@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_49489d44-1734-4ea6-98fa-a75a16cbabb0@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_a90dd5e2-f55f-4ff0-8d9f-b42512205a03@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_ebe33825-d7aa-426c-9f7a-18204e52455c@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

On a happier note, I infused some more olive oil with 1/2 ounce of Cannabis and retrieved 5 ½ of 6 ounces so I figure I am at around 92% recovery just with squeezing my remnants with a C-clamp. So I don’t think I’m going to bother with boiling the remnants to recover that last bit because it just isn’t worth the bother.

!cid_9009d8eb-cbea-4976-923c-94a728276b06@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Good job on your oil, the few amber you're seeing will have little effect on potency but the clear trichs will lower potency some. Only consider amber that you see on the Calyx.

Good job on your oil, the few amber you're seeing will have little effect on potency but the clear trichs will lower potency some. Only consider amber that you see on the Calyx.

I think you are totally correct Pennywise. A thread I read had me thinking incorrectly because although it agreed that peak CBD occurs when the trichomes are cloudy it said because of that he harvests at the first sign of Amber but actually I am getting some Amber with lots of clear still.

For his system to work they would have to go from clear to cloudy to Amber in pretty defined stages but the reality is there is a lot of crossover in the stages so I think you are right that it really doesn’t matter how much Amber I have as long as I am at peak cloudy. And yes I was told to only look at the Calyx which is what all these pics are. Thanks again.

Ok cool, yea it always seems to progress with a lot of trichs showing differently

I read that different strains show differently too and I think that is why this one has thrown me for such a loop because my Northern Lights seemed more defined in that by the time I had a fair bit of amber most of my clear was gone but with the Cannatonic not so much.

Some Sativas never show amber at all. They also will keep throwing out new white pistils until they die.

That is amazing, no amber and new pistils. So I would hope they turn cloudy so you know when to harvest?

They will slow down drinking at most will start throwing nanners when they're mature.

These ones slowed down on the drinking a few weeks ago if that means anything. My Nothern Lights threw a few nanners in the late stages too.

I had a really hard time with my PE autos from Fastbuds. They never showed any cloudy, only clear, and I was probably late in taking them down.
The only way really is to take samples in that case if you're not sure. Something I should have done I suppose.

That is amazing they didn't even go cloudy? Must have been pretty annoying waiting for it, I feel your pain, lol.

Taking samples has been mentioned but making oil instead of smoking makes it more challenging. I took my Northern Lights in stages 3 weeks apart and I can't tell the difference so I know I may be fretting over nothing.

It was Homer. Every week I waited. Even the hairs that turned color didn't want to go back in towards the calyx, which is another sign it's close if not ready. Finally I just chopped her. Now it's a creeper weed with strong couch lock effects. I find I have to smoke more to keep active.

Taking samples has been mentioned but making oil instead of smoking makes it more challenging. I took my Northern Lights in stages 3 weeks apart and I can't tell the difference so I know I may be fretting over nothing.
I overlooked that Homer, my mistake. Try and keep a record of what they look like for future use and reference if you ever run them again once you find the right combination.

It was Homer. Every week I waited. Even the hairs that turned color didn't want to go back in towards the calyx, which is another sign it's close if not ready. Finally I just chopped her. Now it's a creeper weed with strong couch lock effects. I find I have to smoke more to keep active.

I guess I will just keep giving her another week till I finally just chop her too.

Try and keep a record of what they look like for future use and reference if you ever run them again once you find the right combination.

Yes, since this is my CBD strain I will probably run it quite a bit so good idea to keep a record. I remember you waiting and waiting for your Pineapple but it was worth the effort. Did you ever get the totals for your monster plants? They must have been enormous!

Yes, since this is my CBD strain I will probably run it quite a bit so good idea to keep a record. I remember you waiting and waiting for your Pineapple but it was worth the effort. Did you ever get the totals for your monster plants? They must have been enormous!
I did and I overwaited. The THC degraded more than I would have liked and wasn't as potent as I expected it to be.
The biggest plant gave me just over 8 ounces dried so I was happy with the return.

Back
Top Bottom