First Grow, Indoor Soil LED Bagseed, Purple Kush Or Purple Haze

Looking good. How many days have you vegged for. Not sure what the 36 hr dark period is for though. Could you explain I'm new.

Still waiting for the master to step in :welcome:

As I understand; the dark cycle throws the plant into a crisis, thinking that the onset of summer is here it helps to push into the flowering period ahead of swapping to 12/12 lighting. Most growers seem to recommend a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 48 so I thought I would park myself firmly in the middle of the two!

Running about a month from transplant, 6 weeks from germination.

Hey MrMango, subbing up for your journal here. I see you got us all up to date here now so I'm just in time!

I would imagine this strain is not an autoflower variety so you probably aren't seeing pre-flowers or pistils. I can't see any in the pictures, but what you may be trying to show us is new growth at all of the nodes. That green leafy growth you are seeing will be new branches eventually.
If you are looking to sex these plants you will want to wait a little longer. Either until they are big enough to take a couple clones from each and then sex those, or just flip the light on all of them and wait to see them either shoot pistils or grow balls. But your plants aren't really mature enough yet for any of that, if you flip the lights now it will effect your yield badly.

Now that I am subbed up if you have any other questions just ask away. I am not always around but usually will get back to you within the day. If it's urgent you can always private message me.

Hey MrMango, subbing up for your journal here. I see you got us all up to date here now so I'm just in time!

I would imagine this strain is not an autoflower variety so you probably aren't seeing pre-flowers or pistils. I can't see any in the pictures, but what you may be trying to show us is new growth at all of the nodes. That green leafy growth you are seeing will be new branches eventually.
If you are looking to sex these plants you will want to wait a little longer. Either until they are big enough to take a couple clones from each and then sex those, or just flip the light on all of them and wait to see them either shoot pistils or grow balls. But your plants aren't really mature enough yet for any of that, if you flip the lights now it will effect your yield badly.

Now that I am subbed up if you have any other questions just ask away. I am not always around but usually will get back to you within the day. If it's urgent you can always private message me.

Hi Dick and thanks for joining me on my journey!

Unfortunately I'm constrained by a holiday mid to late June and have been worried about leaving them over the period without anyone to look in on them! I know that one of the plants that's more progressed has developed preflower with the 2 'hairs' protruding from it though I absolutely failed in my attempts to capture it in the photos.

Aware I'd be flowering early; the tent height (160cm) has also made me wary of letting them get too big!

Yes, holidays can sometimes put a damper on things.. How long will you be away for? Is there any chance you could setup a drip system on a timer for while you are gone?

Ok I couldn't see them, sometimes very hard to capture even with a good camera! How old are the plants now? Did you already switch the light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12 or similar? If you haven't switched them then there are 2 possibilities why you are seeing the pistils... after a plant matures enough, it will throw out some sex organs. I have had this happen on a few of my plants that I let veg for over 2 months, they just popped pistils out of no where :) The other possibility is that the strain is an autoflowering variety.

You can always top and train your plants if you think they are going to get to high. There is a couple links in my sig below that a friend made up on LST and topping, check them out!

First Grow: Indoor Soil LED Bagseed(Purple Kush or Purple Haze)

I'm gone for 7 days which left me considering overwatering or finishing up!

Drip feed systems are something I really want to invest in for the future if not hydroponics but unfortunately my budget isn't going to permit it till after the holiday.

As for lighting schedules I've had them under 18/6 from seed the only adjustment being adding the flower spectrum on the 26th. Genetically I've no idea if they were an autoflower strain but I thought this pretty unlikely? Could it have been due to humidity stress that has thrown them into crisis?

I'd been apprehensive over starting a journal given my location so I hadn't got feedback on my FIM and if my efforts had been successful. Id really like to try mainlining a future grow but it's clear that it's a pretty steep learning curve to get from where I am to where I'd like to be!

My runt I topped around 4 days ago which has produced new tops which are spreading now. I'd planned to drop it as I'm wondering wether it's less than optimum with the lighting conditions.

7 days could be a little to long for them unless you want to make that the end and harvest. You could start your plain water flushing 2 weeks before you leave, give them 1 more flush before you leave and then when you get back they will be dry enough at the roots to harvest, you always want to give a plant a dry period before harvesting anyways and it will get you that extra 1 week. But you would have to flip them to 12/12 now pretty much.. They will be roughly 8 weeks flowering .. give or take a week or so.

The plants are likely starting to mature and just showing a few pistils. Just because we see them doesn't mean it is flowering. You will know when you start to see a flower developing. If that happens before you flip the lights to 12/12 then it's likely an autoflower. Or if it buds without changing to 12/12, it's and auto as well.

It's up to you what you really want to do when it comes to leaving for a week.. if you want to veg for longer to get them bigger then you will need to get some sort of drip system or someone you trust to come give them a couple cups of just water while once while your gone.

Show me the plant that you were asking about the FIM. It will be easier for me to figure out for ya.
Definitely get a grow or 2 under your belt before you try anything to crazy.. Stick with topping and some light bending and tying down like what is in those tutorials in my signature, seriously check them out, they will help ya. Mainlining and fluxing is pretty cool but it takes a bit of hands on experience with the basics first. "KISS" - Keep It Simple Stupid , this is a great saying :)

DSC_020327.JPG
DSC_020231.JPG

Camera battery died on me but managed to grab these two of where I believe it to be showing sex.

Ah yes, I see the pistils now, it's a girl for sure :) If you are worried about time being a factor with the vacation then I would flip these to 12/12 now and cut your losses. Next grow can always be that much better after a couple months experience. Will be hard to tell if it is an auto that way since they will flower under 18/6 light schedule for their entire life. But, by flipping to 12/12 and getting thru to harvest before you leave at least you wont be losing the entire grow if they don't make it while you're away.

I also see that they haven't fully matured yet but could almost be there with the pistils showing if it isn't an auto. Once a plant is fully matured the nodes will grow off center of each other instead of directly side by side.

I'd hoped they might be running to that schedule but understand mother nature always has her own plan!

These started showing Friday I think, when I decided to start half strength bloom nutes. I was considering the flip then. But thought I'd give them a couple more days, as some of the other plants looked like they might be starting to show.

Right on man, they are looking healthy. That one you topped may be a male as well if I had to guess but wait and see for sure. Once you get a picture of the one you think is male throw it up here, if you can get a nice close shot that would be perfect.

Back
Top Bottom