First Grow Journal - Wilma System

digahdee

Hi members of 420mag,

Im currently at day 39 from seed on my first ever grow. I am growing 4 different strains which are, Skunk 11, Mekong High, Special and Big Band. I am using a 400w MH for veg and going to switch to a 400 HPS for flowering. I have a 10" carbon filter and fan setup for my exhaust but currently have no fan for an intake. I leave the grow tent zipper open for a couple hours with a small fan blowing fresh air into it. All is being grown in clay pebbles on the Wilma 4 pot system, in a 1.2 * 1.2 * 2.0 grow tent.

I had a few issues towards the begining, but think I am over them now.

bigband.JPG

mekonghigh.JPG

skunk118.JPG

special10.JPG

11271.JPG

3748.JPG

I beleive they suffered a bit of nute burn and had a bit of nitrogen deficiency.
I lowered my EC to 1.2 and added abit of Nytrozyme to help clear it up and it worked. I keep my PH at around 5.4 to 5.8.

11272.JPG

3749.JPG

5407.JPG

I started doing some LST on them about a week ago hoping to get a better crop at the end. So far I think its going down ok.

The pics below are from today. I will post some more bits up during the week.

11273.JPG

2872.JPG

3750.JPG

4525.JPG

5408.JPG

7292.JPG

8248.JPG

Dig, I totally "dig" your setup! Very nice and I'm in for the rest of the ride! :welldone:

Can you please explain the "Wilma" system? It looks like a drip irrigation system with the four planters sitting on a main reservior. Is that correct or is there more to it?

Thanks for jumping in MadMardo and Mr. Krip,

And yep Mr. Krip, what you said is pritty much it. I mix the nutes with the water in the 30ltr reservior and then the pump, pumps the water through to the drips into the plants.

I'm going to upload some more pics soon, there hasn't been much happening since the last ones.

The stems are starting to give off a sweet smell and growing quite thick.

I am using a range of Ferro Nutes and adding half of a co2 tablet to the feed everyday.

Hi members of 420mag,

I'm at day 41 from seed and thought I'd post up some new pics.
3 of the plants are showing slow growth and the other seems to be growing fast.

I had a bit of nute burn again so i lowered my EC back to 1.4 - it was at 1.5/6. PH is at 5.5.

I cut the tips of the leaves that had the burn on them.
Is this the right thing to do or do I let it get worse as I have done in the past and then just take the whole leaf off?

Thanks for checking in.

11276.JPG

2874.JPG

3757.JPG

4526.JPG

5409.JPG

6356.JPG

7293.JPG

Hi Dig - I'm probably not the best person to help you with the cuttings as I've always grown from seed so far, but I did post a little info on your linked post that I hope helps.

I don't worry about the burned tips, and just leave them. They don't typically get much worse, and by the time your plant gets nice and big, you won't notice them anymore either way. It's fine that you snipped 'em as well. Personally, I wouldn't remove the whole leaf.

Overall they look very healthy to me. At this stage they don't need very strong levels of nutrients, and 1.4 EC is plenty.

Wish I could help more with cuttings and cloning - but either way I'll try to keep an eye on your grow and contribute if I think I can. Good luck - your off to a fine start so far.

Hi xlr8,
just wrote back to you about the cloning. Thanks for that bit of info. That was very helpful to me, shows me what to keep my eyes open for.

One question about my feeding.

feed.jpg

My feeding guide says to feed my growth nutes for the first two weeks and then move on to bloom nutes. When does the growth period start from?

I thought I should switch over when I change the lights to 12/12.

Thanks

Hi xlr8,
just wrote back to you about the cloning. Thanks for that bit of info. That was very helpful to me, shows me what to keep my eyes open for.

One question about my feeding.

feed.jpg

My feeding guide says to feed my growth nutes for the first two weeks and then move on to bloom nutes. When does the growth period start from?

I thought I should switch over when I change the lights to 12/12.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with your specific nutrient program, but I do know you should be using the growth nutrients right now and until you are ready to start 12/12 light cycle (bloom or flowering period). Once you switch to 12/12 - switch to bloom nutrients. Is that what you were looking for?

Hi xlr8,
thats what I wanted to know, the feeding guide was throwing me because I had gone past 2 weeks in my grow and was wondering if I should switch, but your last bit of advice is the same that I read else where.
Thanks

Hi 420,
I'm about to start growing 5 SLH feminized seeds to add to the plants I have on the go at the minute.
I'll be starting them off in rockwool cubes and be placing the into soil when ready.
I'll update with pictures soon.

Hi 420,
I'm at day 45 for the 4 plants in tent and 3rd day for the 5 SLH Seeds.
Plants in tent are all looking fine and seem to be growing well.
All 5 of the SLH seeds have cracked open and are starting to grow out of the rockwool cubes.
Pics will be coming in a few days once I see the first set of leaves on the SLH.

Back
Top Bottom