First grow - just kind of feeling it out a bit

cuellar791

Like i said first grown im in flowering now ive had my white pistols for about 9 days i transplanted it but didnt have enough potting soil so i topped the pot with a lil sand just to cover the roots tht wwere sprouting up on the top will this hurt my plant the potting soil underneath is miracle gro potting soil posting pics later

Some plants start showing after two+ weeks in 12/12. I have four right now not showing and are at 12 days. They showing sex but not flowers yet. Just let it do its thing.

Sand does not hold water to my knowledge, the roots will dry out and die.

Get more soil and re-pot, next time transplant a week or 2 before flowering.

You are right sand does not hold much water but it does two good things. One it helps keep soil nice and cool by not allowing light heat up soil or dry up soil. It also is to heavy for bugs to have baby's in. I agree with adding more soil. You should get some to cover roots. Just scoop out most of the sand without hurting roots and add soil.

You are right sand does not hold much water but it does two good things. One it helps keep soil nice and cool by not allowing light heat up soil or dry up soil. It also is to heavy for bugs to have baby's in. I agree with adding more soil. You should get some to cover roots. Just scoop out most of the sand without hurting roots and add soil.

Good points CO Finest I agree, do you agree that the roots left in the sand will dry out(aka air pruning themselves) and die, thus stressing the plant?

Good points CO Finest I agree, do you agree that the roots left in the sand will dry out(aka air pruning themselves) and die, thus stressing the plant?

Yes right. I would remove sand but careful and replace with soil to cover roots.

So people scrape away some of the top soil and have the roots showing, it lets them get more oxygen but like everyone else said don't let the roots dry out. :)

Back
Top Bottom