First Grow Looking for Help

grandpolyphon

Hi all,

I'll try and be brief. First grow needed for serious medical issues and I don't want to blow it. Here is a summary of details: Jock Horror, feminized, only two plants in coco-coir with perlite mixed in. Small grow tent (20 inches X 36 inches, by 60 inches). CFL's - 8 23W 6500. Temp consistent at 75-80 degrees, humidity between 52-62% (using a humidifier and a wet towel drapped in front of our incoming fan). Used Flora-grow most likely too much, too soon (see pics), am now back to straight water (tested PH to 6.5-7.0), and now at 4 weeks since planting and results not too good! I've read, read, read, etc. all the threads in the universe (well, so it seems), and need some assistance. I am currently not using any exhaust fan, as the temp is very consistent and not too hot, but I'm thinking maybe the light is too much. See the picture of the height of CFL's to plants - about 6-10 inches away. Lights have been on 24/7 since planting. Watering only every 4-5 days, making sure the soil is dry on top and just faintly moist when we put our finger into the soil an inch or so. When watering, we put enough so it completely flushes container (about 4-6 cups of water) and we get about 20% of what went in as run-off.

I noted with amazement this morning the roots are already at the bottom of my containers, and we need to keep the container fairly small due to space and are trying to go for small and bushy, vs. tall. I'm concerned it will be "root bound". I note the sick leaves are blocking out a whole bunch of new very green growth underneath on #1 plant, (which is 6 inches tall as I post this) and the #2 plant, planted only one day after #1 is so much smaller and only 2 3/4 inches tall (it had a seed husk issue when it broke through the ground and we carefully read and successfully had it removed in one extra day).

I now to keep the fresh water (correctly ph'd) coming until the burn is smaller, but having grown plants in general for many years, all my senses say to cut out the badly yellowed and larger fan leaves on #1 (you'll note we tried cutting some of the ends off to try and keep the light from blocking the younger growth).

The good news is we have another 5 seeds not planted and if we completely tank this first effort, we can give it another go. If anyone out there can give us their thoughts on "hey, what do I do now to get these ladies humming along?", I'd be grateful. The new growth looks darn good (I think), but even so, there are very small brown tips (so small) on some of the new growth, so I'm wondering if the soil is just so contaminated with extra nutrients (we cut the Flora-grow to 1/4 strength, but used it like 3 times in a row and probably that is way too much, right?) we need to re-pot, or can these recover? Thanks in advance for your help...

2_Third_Picture.jpg

View image in gallery

OK, didn't get it to be a small question, but the more details the better, so please see pics and if anyone out there can offer insight, we're eager students. Thanks.

Here's some good info will get you on the right track. It could be a number of things but for a start you need fresh air in and old air out. Looks like there getting too wet and maybe too hot. It really looks like a combination, also your ph looks high for coco.
check these links out:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

If you post in this section you will get more help, hope things work out. Good luck!
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Thank you so much for your very helpful response, Greenhouse250. We're gonna turn on that exhaust fan we have set up but haven't been using, to get the old air out ASAP. When you say fresh air in, we do have that fan pointed at the plants from the outside of the tent through the pre-made holes the tent came with, so I hope that's enough fresh air.

Your suggestions are so helpful, and now that we've gone to the problems section you gave us the link for, and read exactly what format our request for help should look like, we are in the process of doing that. We didn't even know how to find that forum, so we really appreciate it! Also we are reading the material on the other link you shared: "How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!"

A million thanks stopping by and offering so much help!

Back
Top Bottom