First Grow: Mango Kush Fem

When I finished the major defol on the MK it was completely bare except for budsites. Within a few days you could hardly tell I did anything. From now she goes el naturale, just let her do her thing.

The DDA has a very unique pungent smell. It's very hard to describe but does not smell very appealing, nothing like I have ever smelled before. I heard it packs quite the punch and I'm a lightweight so I will have to take very small hits.

This is going to be a very relaxed winter!

MANGO KUSH 88/36

20181023_175302.jpg

DARK DEVIL AUTO 65

20181023_175224.jpg

I did not do any more defoliation. I thought about it this morning but decided against it. I want to get more light penetration but also do not want to hurt the yield at the same time if removing the leaves causes the plant to heal instead of grow. When I harvest the DDA in hopefully a couple weeks(I keep saying that for the past three weeks but I'm trying the whole patience thing) then I will be able to spread out the branches of the MK, my grow cabinet is a little cramped for two plants.

Either way we will have more then enough bud than we will ever need. The smoking is more for casual relaxation rather than medicinal use, other than the little bit for my wifes anxiety, so our consumption is pretty low. With two full time jobs its hard to find time to smoke but in the winter/hunting season my free time is more abundant. I hope I am able to store it for next winter also without any problems.

Either way we will have more then enough bud than we will ever need. The smoking is more for casual relaxation rather than medicinal use so our consumption is pretty low. With two full time jobs its hard to find time to smoke but in the winter/hunting season my free time is more abundant. I hope I am able to store it for next winter also without any problems.
Lol, that’s a good boat to be in. My husband and I smoke a lot, so I’m growing to save some money! I saw a thread on how to store long term-indefinitely. I’ll see if I can track it down for ya. It’s tough to be patient, but it will pay off and soon. The hard part of being new to growing is finding that balance between exposing bud to more light/air and not hurting yields. I think I took too many and I wonder if they would’ve been fatter if I had been more prudent. Oh well, live and learn and either way, you’ve got a couple beauties!

MANGO KUSH 101/49

The MK is slowly but surely making buds. Each week they get bigger with more crystally goodness. The foliation is blocking a lot of light but, as stated before, I'm afraid of hurting the yield by thinning out the canopy. Either way the yield will be plentiful, just a little greedy and arrogant so I want to grow the most that I can.

20181105_163943.jpg

20181105_164155.jpg

Dark Devil Auto - 78

The DDA keeps surprising me everytime time I open the door. How can one plant, in such little time, produce such magnificent buds? She is nearing the end of her life but it will not be in vain. Each inhale of relaxation and joy will be in memory of her.

Harvest will begin when the buds stop throwing so many pistils and pack on a little more weight, whether that be 1 week or 3 weeks. Time will tell.

20181105_163843.jpg

20181105_164237.jpg

MANGO KUSH 101/49

The MK is slowly but surely making buds. Each week they get bigger with more crystally goodness. The foliation is blocking a lot of light but, as stated before, I'm afraid of hurting the yield by thinning out the canopy. Either way the yield will be plentiful, just a little greedy and arrogant so I want to grow the most that I can.

20181105_163943.jpg

20181105_164155.jpg

Dark Devil Auto - 78

The DDA keeps surprising me everytime time I open the door. How can one plant, in such little time, produce such magnificent buds? She is nearing the end of her life but it will not be in vain. Each inhale of relaxation and joy will be in memory of her.

Harvest will begin when the buds stop throwing so many pistils and pack on a little more weight, whether that be 1 week or 3 weeks. Time will tell.

20181105_163843.jpg

20181105_164237.jpg
They look beautiful.

DAAAAAAMN! Those look great. Nice job! I still haven’t found that thread for storage, but I remembered that you can buy the Boveda Humidipaks 62% and they will keep your buds fresh for a really long time. Did you hear about those already?

I was thinking about doing a full cure then vacuum seal them in bags and place in freezer. Should keep for a very long time...right?
I’m gonna refer to my guru @InTheShed for this. Maybe it was @AngryBird that had the long term storage thread? Let’s get some help up in here. :high-five:

I did a little digging around and of course, everyone has different opinions about long term storage. What I did see often was the Boveda packs I mentioned earlier, lasting a year or longer as long as you’re not opening the container. Also what you mentioned, vacuum sealing. I saw a decent amount of people saying not to freeze it. I’ll keep looking for that thread I originally mentioned because it seemed like it would last indefinitely if I remember right. How long are you wanting to store it for?

I appreciate you looking and finding out. Storage length is unknown at this point, I would say at least a year. We are building a new house next summer so that will definitely put a damper on the smoke sessions while living somewhere else when the building is underway.

Maybe I'll go with the vacuum seal and store it in one of the buildings, unfrozen.

Back
Top Bottom