First Grow - Micro Grow - NL Feminized - 90W UFO LED

ashm

Hello there 420 peoples.

So here I am after much research, I decided to get into it...
I'm going with 1 plant (since I only have 1 seed) thing is, I've had this seed for over a year now and the germination did not really go as it should..(you will see the pictures)

I've had very low humidity in my tent, so I mist, every now and then the interior of my homemade dome (bottom half of a 2L bottle that I have over my pot)
So far, I had the seed in a shot glass of ph'd water until i saw the tap root and planted (8 days ago) into a small pot, it will finish in 3L air pots tho.

What strain is it? Northern lights feminized
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 90% indica ?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? seedling
If in Veg... For how long? Well, its been like this for a week now.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? BioBizz All mix
If soil... What size pot? Originally 3L air pots but I cut a few cm's off the top, because I only have 60cm of height and the pot just seemed too high..
Size of light? 90w ufo 3w leds
Temp of Room/cab? Around 25 degrees with lights on and never bellow 20-22 with lights off.
RH of Room/cab? Right now, its at 35% but I have my misted dome over my pot so the humidity inside the Dome must be much higher. I do mist the inside of the tent as well, now and then.
PH of media or res? MY soil PH meter shows just bellow 7.. I would like however to lower it a little, not sure on which method yet.
Any Pests ? no.
How often are you watering? I only watered once so far, from the bottom (poured ph'd water in plate under my pot)
Type and strength of ferts used? Used just a little less than 1ml of biobizz riot juice in 1L ph'd water

This is my tent, 30x30x60cm, got a pc fan as extractor at the top and the other fan is just infront of the passive intake, so it brings in fresh air and air circulation inside the tent.
SAM_2644.JPG

This is what I will be using, got some Epsom salt, Bone meal and the biobizz nutrients.
SAM_26501.JPG

The odd seedling... I'm just happy it even came out the ground, not sure if its going to survive...
SAM_26491.JPG

Anyway, if all goes well, I plan on LST'in as much as possible to keep it very short, Not sure if I will cut any branches (toppin) or just tie them down, but I do want to get a small plant with some 8 to 12 colas.

Untill the next update, Peace.

Ashm

I had not noticed, but in the last picture (seedling pic) there is another root visible to the left,
its 2 bagseeds that I had planted 3 days ago since I was not sure if my NL was going to survive.
They really grew faster than the NL.

I planted them in the same pot but I may keep them, transfer them to a different pot and put them at my window (Winter be coming to an end so it may live ?) Or I may just get rid of them, will see later for that...

Little update, I have switched my light schedule from 24h on, to 18h on and 6h off.
My seedling has now received a total of 12 hours (x2 6hours) of darkness... its beginning to look a little better..
Maybe my light is too powerful ? I have it at 25cm above the pot, is that good or should it be lower ? (its a 90w ufo with 3w chips)

My temps are still good, at 25 degrees, I'm also trying to keep my humidity at around 50% by spraying water around the grow space, I have to do it many times a day, and I dont know if that can hurt my plant or not, I may invest in some humidifier or something like that later on.
I also have a saturated sponge in front of my fan, to help a little..

Here's a pic of the NL seedling
SAM_2651.JPG

In this picture you can see the NL in the middle and the 2 bagseeds on each side.. the left really grew faster than the right, since it has not even come out the ground, cant believe those bagseeds were planted over a week AFTER the NL...
SAM_2652.JPG

Quick question: Why does the perlite that is on the top turn brownish ? Is it the light that does that ? Should I worry about it ?

Edit: Alright, so I found 2 lamps around the house with some clfs in them, got a 9w cool white and a 23w yellow white,
I switched my led off and only have the cfls at the moment, I'll keep it like this for a week and see.
The third seedling that was not out of the ground in the last picture has actually come out, about an hour after posting the pic..

maybe that nute burn is do to the fact that its the all mix not light mix soil he started them in. its a stronger soil mix. and as he said. i would also ease a bit on the watering, looks very moist my friend. and no biogrow for first to weeks or so in that soil mix i would say. only some rootjuice if it was my grow. and oh yes, i think your ufo is a bit to close for that stage. again check my ongoing grow for some good distance between lamp and ufo.

Actually i have made a smimilar sized grow as yours for a friend with a 50 w ufo. i ended up taking a jigsaw a removing the bottom so i could gain some extra distance to the lamp :D

Good luck dude. The soil looks pretty wet tho. Did you make this pictures just after watering? Also looks a bit like a nuteburn on the middle one. Did you already started to feed them? Anyway I hope they grow into some fine looking ladies. :Namaste:

Hey, Thank you for stopping at my journal :)

Yep I had just sprayed my soil wet before the picture, I have not fed at all, other than a very little root juice (less than 1ml per 1L water)
Thing is.. its only the middle seedling that is important, the other 2 are bagseeds.
I planted the Northern lights feminized 9 days or so, before the bagseeds, It took a very long time to crack the ground, also
The root was kind of curling, like a pig's tail... As if it didnt want to go into the ground.. (I dug up the ground a bit scared that my seed wouldnt sprout and saw that)

Also the little "leafs" (the ones that are a bit brown) did not want to separate, so I had to do it myself, and the next day I had the two green leafs that you see now..
I dont think its because of the soil being too "hard", my soil looks pretty loose but rather because its the all mix ?
Could also be that I've had this seed for over a year now..

Hi man i will follow this small ufo grow, yes in that size of microgrow LST will be of great advantage :D may i suggest you to check out my ongoing grow, also with a 90w ufo, LST and Scrog but its autoflower. good luck to yours :thumb:

Hey man, Thanks for stopping by.

I had a look at your journal, its looks great !

Well, I have only cfls now, my ufo is off... I have a total of 32w of cfls.. hopefully for a week or so it will be fine.
Yeah.. I wish I had a bigger tent, I have barely 30cm of height for growth..
I'm hoping that with LST I can keep 6 to 8 colas (15 to 20cm each ?)

I will definitely get myself biggertent for my next grow, and use this one as a veg tent with clfs in it,
I'll also be working with auto's and scrog..

Anyways, until the next update. :Namaste:

oooh you have tree plants i misunderstood it somewere thought it was just one NL i see yes then scrog is not that good of an idea. my mistake.

i did'nt mean hard in that way i meant that all mix got more nutes in it on its own than the light mix, again i apoligize, it was a bad choice of words on my part. english is not my first language so sometimes i mess it up

oooh you have tree plants i misunderstood it somewere thought it was just one NL i see yes then scrog is not that good of an idea. my mistake.

Yes, sorry. I have just 1 feminized seed.
9 days after I planted it, I was scared it wouldnt sprout. So I added 2 bagseeds to the pot, to see how they would do, and they did good.. better than the NL feminized... however, I dont plan on keeping either of the bagseeds, not in my tent at least, If by chance I do get a female, I will try to keep it at my window sill or fit it in the tent somehow but I doubt it will fit..

Edit: I know exactly what you meant by the All-mix, I just said "hard" because maybe my soil could of been too packed into the pot and so makes it "hard" for the root tip to get in there... hence the curling ?
I dont know, I'm just assuming..
But your right, I have read that All-mix is not recommended for seedlings and clones, unfortunately i read that after buying it, and i cant afford a bag of Light-mix atm :)

have you thought of cutting a hole in the bottom of your tent and just mount that tent on top of your pot somehow. so you will gain the height of the pot inside your tent for growing. if you get what i mean :) or should i open my ms paint and make a illustration to go along with my bad school english *LOL*

Yes, sorry. I have just 1 feminized seed.
9 days after I planted it, I was scared it wouldnt sprout. So I added 2 bagseeds to the pot, to see how they would do, and they did good.. better than the NL feminized... however, I dont plan on keeping either of the bagseeds, not in my tent at least, If by chance I do get a female, I will try to keep it at my window sill or fit it in the tent somehow but I doubt it will fit..

if getting a bagseed female maybe put it in your window with a small cfl adding extra light hours at evening to keep it from flowering. then you can lst it ready to flower when you get a bigger tent maybe? i did that with a bagseed last time a did some auto's i put it in my closet corner just getting passive light and in some shitty cheep soil. when my autos were done i repotted the bagseed in the light mix plant, trimmed the roots, and put it under my 90 watts and got about 60 grams of heavy hitting shit from that bagseed in 68 days.

20141207_100952.jpg

have you thought of cutting a hole in the bottom of your tent and just mount that tent on top of your pot somehow. so you will gain the height of the pot inside your tent for growing. if you get what i mean :) or should i open my ms paint and make a illustration to go along with my bad school english *LOL*

Wow.. Had not thought of that, actually the bottom is a separate piece and comes out leaving a hole...
I had to find a way to lift the tent.. here is it, I got like 15 cm from that.
I could get more if I lift it higher but this will be good for now.
SAM_2659.JPG

Thanks for input of bagseeds, I think i'll do just that...

SAM_2660.JPG
SAM_2662.JPG

Wow.. Had not thought of that, actually the bottom is a separate piece and comes out leaving a hole...
I had to find a way to lift the tent.. here is it, I got like 15 cm from that.
I could get more if I lift it higher but this will be good for now.
SAM_2659.JPG

Thanks for input of bagseeds, I think i'll do just that...

SAM_2660.JPG
SAM_2662.JPG

Nice job :thumb: i found that with the LED the small adjustments are often key. 2 inches to high or low with the light does a LOT of difference. have you turned on your ufo now in the picture? that small tent is gonna be a awesome grow. i just love micro projects. Before i had two 600w in my flower room alone, to much work even tho it was automated hydro. it took all the soul and fun out of it. these small grows is were the passion lays IMO

Nice job :thumb: i found that with the LED the small adjustments are often key. 2 inches to high or low with the light does a LOT of difference. have you turned on your ufo now in the picture? that small tent is gonna be a awesome grow. i just love micro projects. Before i had two 600w in my flower room alone, to much work even tho it was automated hydro. it took all the soul and fun out of it. these small grows is were the passion lays IMO

Thanks to you !

Yep ufo is back on and they went under, will see what happens now..

Yep, i'm hoping to create some perpetual thing later on, with just micro projects ;)

Meh...

Somehow my little pot fell and everything came out crashing to the floor...

I re-potted them asap. the NL was looking very bad, I also noticed that the root actually curled into itself... I tried helping it out a little but a small piece of the root broke off...
I have it in a smaller pot now and under a 9w white clf... I dont have any hopes for it, it just hasnt grown at all.. here's a picture..

(I had just watered when I took the pics, the soil was extra dry)

Its not looking dead yet but I think it will only get worst..
SAM_2663.JPG

On the other hand, the bagseeds are looking better than ever..
SAM_2664.JPG

damn my friend did just that with an auto i gave him for his new microgrow. It choked the auto like crazy, hopefully it will bounce back for you being that its not an auto.

and if it ever happens again i would not try to strech out its root i would just replant and hope for the best. good thing you put it under that small cfl tho. my m8 did that after i recomented him to take it away from under his ufo, and it seemed to suit it very well. started after a week or so to develop new growth. but somehow he did quite had the skills yet to make it bounce back. and it was not possible for me to come running everyday to check on that single plant. best he learned a lesson never the less. HOPEFULLY yours will recorver. Rootjuice i would think about adding a bit to the water after it relaxes at couple of days to see if the roots will take to it. but think you will have to hold back anything else for a while with that one.

Backseeds looks great tho.

Thanks man, I really hope it bounces back...

I have a friend going to Amsterdam for the weekend..
I'm going to ask him to buy me some NL autos over the counter if its possible.
If do get the seeds, I will terminate these seedlings :'(

you could also just place them in the window and hang a 9 w cfl or something like that for supplement lighting to keep them from going into bloom, then you can use them for motherplants later on or just trow them in bloom when you got the space in your room. if you put them in the window and lst them for a couple of month you will get a propper yield from even a lot of common bagseeds :) my last grow was a shitty bagseed from some random dudes garden. i pulled 2oz of her of prime buds just using a 90 watt ufo the buds showed to be even to strong for my taste, and i have smoked for almost 20 years. so don't give up on bagseeds.

you can check my back seed grow in a couple of pictures in my signature link: You will not become an industial grower with a small Ufo but you can keep up you meds-stock. You need to use the one in the signature to check out the bagseed.

Back
Top Bottom