• not helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ok i guess

• neutral

• Total voters
Far,
HYPOTHETICALLY, if someone were to live in an area where it is warm year round, could they drop the heater out of the system? i know i could do it, but is there any way you could draw up a diagram omitting the heater just as a secondary thought for warmer climates

Far,
HYPOTHETICALLY, if someone were to live in an area where it is warm year round, could they drop the heater out of the system? i know i could do it, but is there any way you could draw up a diagram omitting the heater just as a secondary thought for warmer climates

Yeah dude, its like you read my thoughts. The heater certainly is not necessary for warm climes and it does not have to be in the circuit for the thermostat to work. I would say its even possible hypothetically to have the fan drawing in fresh warm air from outside and rigging the fridge or freezer itself to come on to keep it cool for your plants to grow (kinda reversal of what ive done here). If i lived in the desert I would certainly try it. (I'm sure someone already has) :)

I couldn't do that with this freezer because part of the gas cooling tubes were actual racks in the freezer itself which I had to rip out for the space. lol

In the meantime rough Diagram of what I want to build next when I find the right fridge/freezer :-

fridgefreezer_dia1.JPG

with the "winter setting", try to find a "flat" duct work, if you know what i mean.... that way you dont have to catty-corner it to hide a PVC tube. you can make the flat duct look more like a part of the original fridge

als depending on the height of the fridge, you may need a second vertical set of LED's and possibly a slightly larger exhaust system to get better light penetration and also to vent excess heat from the extra LED

als depending on the height of the fridge, you may need a second vertical set of LED's and possibly a slightly larger exhaust system to get better light penetration and also to vent excess heat from the extra LED

Have to agree on the third panel of LED's or maybe even go for cfl's instead. Good thing about fridges is you can have your plants on a shelf close to the light source and drop them down the fridge as they grow :)The inline fan would be better off venting out of the roof out of sight with a tall freezer, also I would have the 12v fans running constantly with this set up only switching on the carbon filter inline fan when the smell becomes apparent.
The 12v fans are almost silent and with my experience with my present freezer, should keep lighting temperatures down especially if you place another 12v fan in freezer section sucking air out. Intake thru bottom, uptake thru fridge into freezer, out take thru top.
The inline fan noise would be my main concern, but the insulation of the freezer itself should muffle the noise. :)

If it became too cold in winter (even with recirculating the heat with the inline fan) then i'd add a heater and another thermostat like my original :)

Let you know in a few months when I find myself a decent fridge to my requirements lol :thumb:

just a couple ideas i thought of looking at your diagram, i have random stealthifying ideas lol i see ideas and then something pops into my head that makes it seem more sttealthy lol.

i can recall alot of the things i have seen/read and most of my ideas are based on my research being as i have not actually grown yet

Subbed: Will this be the journal for full grow?

2nd pc case in the works... still stripping it. its 3' tall 10"deep and 18"long. its an old server box. should be able to veg/flower 2 plants with lst will need 3-4 cases total for all possible plants i have right now. or i may just finish the second pc box and have 2 pc's and my armoire cabinet lol. i have several boxes to finish... have alot of fans to scavenge

Back
Top Bottom