First grow need help! Should I harvest sooner or in a few more weeks?

JaeHippie

Im coming up on harvest day, and I see that I have mostly milky/cloudy trichomes and few to no amber trichomes and some pretty dense tops but, I have like a couple of nugs that arent as dense as my tops and they are as close to the light as my tops. So should I flower longer or harvest the finished bud and keep the rest to mature more?

Re: First grow need help!! Should I harvest sooner or in a few more weeks?

420-magazine-mobile1579169703.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1740056355.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1322067372.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1121886641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1121886641.jpg

Need pictures for accurate information

You got a long way to go how long have you been flowering

The little Airy buds at the bottom that you see that are not going to be so dense I always go in and cut them out at about 4 to 5 weeks of flowering this allows the energy that would be put into those to be put into the bigger ones plus they are not getting that much light they will not be as potent as the rest of the plant and the more I know about your grow the more I can tell you

Average strains take 8 to 10 weeks flowering some strains can take longer especially if you want more Amber crystals you're going to need to get a 60 2 100 x microscope what information do you have on your strain or plants what nutrients are you using what kind of Lights are you running in soil Coco Hydro these are all things that can help me help you

Im using Nectar for the Gods nutes, im running a little 300w led and 2 26w CFL's, im growing in soil, and not sure of the strain. I got the seed from a bag I was actually smoking so not sure of strain

And should I cut the little buds off as you were saying?

Nectar of the Gods makes good nutrients I used to use them years ago before switching to Botanicare you got good lighting enough to do the job
As for not knowing what strain it is from the pictures you showed me it looks more on the sativa side it could be as long as 14 to 18 weeks let's hope not that long depending on strain
As for the little buds at the bottom anything that's not going to be solid or it's going to be leafy or just not filling out you should cut them off I know this sounds horrible but that energy that was being sent to those will be sent to the other ones and replace do not throw these little pieces away along with your growing you're going to get sugar leaves that fall off you're going to have trim and everything else you can save it all together and make oil and lots of other great goodies

Hey man if you feel its the best for me then I all for it. But I will purchase one of those microscopes tomorrow. And for the cuttings like do I let them dry and cure also for the concentrates?

Just dry and cure any waste product as I call it and put it up once you reach about an ounce of this material you can make lots of different goodies with it and it does not take that long to reach an ounce I think it would be better for you and better for your plans if you just got rid of some of the smaller buds in any small Limbs and leaves that are not getting enough light you can remove them too it takes a lot of energy for her them to keep those running but just dry and cure anything with resin glands

Back
Top Bottom