First Grow, Need Some Troubleshooting

thatguymike

Hello all!

I’m brand new to this site (first post) and just about as new to growing cannibis. I just started my first grow about 2 weeks ago and have been fine just researching and deciphering the best routes on my own, but not I’ve hit my first real problem: yellowing/burning.

I’m currently growing my seedling in coco coir in a solo cup with 4 100watt CFLs (~74 F lights out and max 80F lights on). For the past couple days I’ve noticed that the original leaves (the round guys) have started to pale and are mot as green and luscious as they used to look, then the top leaves started to follow suit a bit. Seeing this and getting worried, i gave it it’s first feed of nutrients (Advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi coco gro part A and B at 1/4 strength) because i thought the olant had started running out of the nutes that are already in the seed. After about 3 days (today), I checked on it and now i see a noticeable burn on one of the edge tips and a little bit more yellowing overall. I’m not really sure what the problem is. Light too close? Watering method not adequate (i top water but only a little bit bc im worried of over watering, therefore not much runoff, big no no i know but im not sure how to get runoff without drowning the plant???), nuted too soon? not enough nutes?? I’m just a little stuck and don’t know what the next move should be. I’ve attatched photos so you guys can see what I’m talking about and maybe offer me some reassurance. I hope this post wasn’t too long but I wanted to be thorough so you guys know exactly what conditions she’s in. Thank you in advance to anyone that can lend any insight whatsoever!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 107
hiya thatguymike and a great big welcome :welcome:

first here are a few helpful links to get you started. have a look around, and get settled. starting a grow journal would be a good idea as that's where most of the action, and help is.

for the moment i don't have much to say except they don't look that bad to me. the cotyledon leaves (round guys) naturally fade out and die as the new ones take over. you may have a bit of a heat issue with the light that close. i'm not so familiar with coco so i can't really comment on the watering. i do use the AN line and can confirm you don't wanna go over 1/4 bottle strength recommended for seedlings. I started the seedlings at 50 ppm and have worked my way to 120.

cheers

:peace:

hiya thatguymike and a great big welcome :welcome:

first here are a few helpful links to get you started. have a look around, and get settled. starting a grow journal would be a good idea as that's where most of the action, and help is.

for the moment i don't have much to say except they don't look that bad to me. the cotyledon leaves (round guys) naturally fade out and die as the new ones take over. you may have a bit of a heat issue with the light that close. i'm not so familiar with coco so i can't really comment on the watering. i do use the AN line and can confirm you don't wanna go over 1/4 bottle strength recommended for seedlings. I started the seedlings at 50 ppm and have worked my way to 120.

cheers

:peace:
Thank you for your comment Bluter!! I started a grow journal as per your advice and I think I’ll get some good insight there! Also thanks for the compliment!

You say you're watering but not much. That is a mistake. You can't over water coco. You want runoff. What are the ppm's and PH? Even though you're using perfect PH when mixing it below what they recommend it doesn't fully adjust to 5.8.
Thank you so much! I knew I was missing something lol, fitting that it was a stupid mistake as well haha. The pH is ~6.0-6.1, when i was watering without nutes it was closer to 6.3-6.5 but then i did some research and realized it needed to be lower. Should i lower it to 5.8? Also i have a feeling I really need to get a ppm meter lol I’m not sure what that reading is:rip:

I don’t see mention of cal/mag in your feed. Coco usually requires added calcium and magnesium since it’s an ion exchange media.
Thanks for the comment! I didnt add cal/mag because when I looked up what i should use with the Coco AN nutes it said that there’s already cal/mag in the mix so there’s no need to add any more. Could I maybe have misinterpreted?

Thanks for the comment! I didnt add cal/mag because when I looked up what i should use with the Coco AN nutes it said that there’s already cal/mag in the mix so there’s no need to add any more. Could I maybe have misinterpreted?

You read the labels correctly. The coco nutes have additional calmag and also have extra iron My take on it is that since we fed at 1/2 strength or less that also reduces the trace minerals. I always add calmag to 200ppm and then add nutes. It is just a method I use.

Back
Top Bottom