First Grow - Next Generation Dynamite - 400W - Top Feed

Hello everyone! Just putting in some work today and decided to snap a couple of pictures along the way.

20160308_104849-1_1_.jpg

How're those roots looking for you guys?

I also took my first cuttings yesterday. I made this little DIY bubble cloner. Hopefully it does the job. Any input on it would be appreciated!

Resize110.jpg

Resize24.jpg

Hey man,

those girls are looking reaaaally happy in my noob opinion, I'd say keep up the good work. I ll stick around, this is interesting for me as a total hydro dummy, I might just learn something :goodjob:

See ya around

Hey man,

those girls are looking reaaaally happy in my noob opinion, I'd say keep up the good work. I ll stick around, this is interesting for me as a total hydro dummy, I might just learn something :goodjob:

See ya around

Hey man,

Thank you and glad you'll be sticking around! I'm obviously new at this too so we can learn together. See you around, brother.

Hey everyone,

I haven't forgotten about this thread I've just been very busy with school/work. Also, my township requires an annual inspection of all rental units (I did not know this) so I had to tear everything down and temporarily move it. In the process, I made the decision to kill the plant in flower since it was never part of the plan and would make moving everything a little easier. So right now, I just have the two plants in veg and a couple of cuttings sitting in a bubble cloner and I'm just waiting/hoping for them to show some roots. That sums it up for now!

Some pictures for the weekly update.

Here are my cuttings in my diy bubble cloner.

20160318_004030.jpg

My mother plants were getting insanely large. More than I needed them to be so I did some pruning. Here they are post pruning.

20160318_004023.jpg

Just wanted to share this because I thought it was so cool. This was the root mass of the plant was in the flower tent that I decided to kill.

20160309_085356.jpg

I shall post another update on Sunday/Monday!

Hey man, good job they are looking good. Might be doing a tent set up myself so ill be following. And also replying to your post earlier about stopping roots growing out bottom of your pots see if you can find pot socks.

They look great What

Roots are supposed to come out of the bottom in a setup like you have.

You will have trouble later during the stretch of 12/12 if you don't send them to flower soon.

(run out of space)

And you will get more followers once you get out of Veg mode and start growing some buds

I'm glad to see you aren't using Pink light (leds). HID 4 the win!!!

V:passitleft:

They look great What

Roots are supposed to come out of the bottom in a setup like you have.

You will have trouble later during the stretch of 12/12 if you don't send them to flower soon.

(run out of space)

And you will get more followers once you get out of Veg mode and start growing some buds

I'm glad to see you aren't using Pink light (leds). HID 4 the win!!!

V:passitleft:

Hey thank you very much Vladimir (great username lol).

These are actually going to be my mother plants so I have no intentions of sending them into flower. Honestly if these two phenotypes are similar enough I'll dispose of the one I enjoyed less. If they differ greatly, then I'll keep both so I can have some variety. I figured that once the real part of the show starts more people will start to join in lol.

I'm very glad I went with HID's. I just love how bright they are and I just think it looks incredible lol.

I'll be posting some pictures later tonight. Some of my cuttings are finally starting to develop roots so I'd say in 2 weeks the show will start!

Alright is Sunday so update time. Not much is happening right now but I'm a man of routine so here are some pictures.

Here are the mommas just doing their thing.
20160321_001916.jpg

Looks like they're pretty happy lol
20160321_001933.jpg

And slowly but surely, finally some roots starting to develop.
20160321_000530.jpg

Now, some of the clones that are developing roots are starting to yellow:
20160321_001924.jpg

Should I be concerned over this? Right now the water in the bubble cloner is just tap water. I have a bunch of things that I could list if anyone thinks I could be using them to help with the yellowing:

GH Grow, Micro, Bloom
GH Armor-si Silica
GH Florablend
GH Cali-magic

AN Grow, Micro, Bloom
AN Sensi Cal-mag
AN Nirvana
AN Rhino Skin
AN Voodoo Juice

Recharge Beneficial bacteria

I also have an RO filter if that helps at all lol. If anyone has any ideas, please chime in!

Yes,

and some hydro operatives employ Nitric Acid in their arsenal for warfare against deficiency.

take the red pill or the blue one, it's your choice.

this post will self-destruct in 5.....4.....3.....2.....1....

V:bongrip:

Clones need some Nitrogen. I'd give them some AN m,g,b. IIRC 1ml/L is the recommendation for clones and seedlings.

Thanks for the response Rifle.

I was reading the bottle of the AN Cal Mag and it can be used as a foliar feed. It has 4% nitrogen. Do you think this is an option or should I just use RO water with AN m,g,b at 1 ml/L (your original suggestion)?
Yes,

and some hydro operatives employ Nitric Acid in their arsenal for warfare against deficiency.

take the red pill or the blue one, it's your choice.

this post will self-destruct in 5.....4.....3.....2.....1....

V:bongrip:

I don't know why but this made me laugh more than you'd expect lol. Do you think the Cal-mag foliar feed is a good way to deliver them some nitrogen?

Can't help with this. I have zero experience with foliar feeding. Sorry.

No worries, brother! I'm just thinking out loud and hopefully more people can chime in on this. If I do the AN G,M,B at 1 ml/L should I use RO water? Also, How would the cuttings that have not developed roots uptake these nutrients? I'm still learning so I figured i'd ask lol

Hey everyone. Hope all is well with you. Things are moving along on here.

The mommas just doing their thing. Gonna be doing some pruning tomorrow since they're getting kind of unruly lol.

20160328_010108.jpg

Some clones have developed roots so that means ....

20160328_010130.jpg

It's time to to get to the fun part of things

20160329_092733.jpg

I'm not going to use any veg time. I want to see what I can get for going right into flower. I figure if I'm not happy with the result, then I can add veg time. I like to experiment so, why not?

Hey everyone,

Hope all is well! Sorry for the late update: the semester is coming to an end so I've been occupied with all of my major coursework. Nonetheless, here are some pics!

I've started experimenting with super cropping my mother plants to control their height:

SuperCropped5.jpg

They were just super cropped again last night. They bounced back very well from the first round so I've just been experimenting with how much abuse these plants can take. I'm discovering how resilient they truly are.

Two of the clones in flower did not make it. I attribute this entirely to my impatience and lack of a really developed root system. The two that did make it are doing just fine though! They were placed in flower on 3/29 and are looking pretty good. I'm wondering how long it takes for these little ladies to start initiating the flowering stage.

2inTent.jpg

And here they are out of the tent

2onbed.jpg

Since 2 of the plants did not make it, I have taken a few cuttings to fill the void. Some of them have started to develop roots. I'm going to wait for the roots to be really overwhelming before I transplant them to flower. My plan is still no veg time. Once these cuttings have extremely developed root systems, they will go directly into the flower tent.

ClonesInBubbler.jpg

Here are the candidates!
Clone510.jpg

Clone220.jpg

Clone313.jpg

Clone410.jpg

Clone128.jpg

That's it for now!

Back
Top Bottom