First Grow: Northern Lights Auto, Day 62

Haak

Day 32 of flowering, supposedly a 49 day flowering cycle.
Seed: NL Auto from Canuk Seeds
Advertised maximum height: 55"
Actual height: 65"
Light: KIND LED XL1000W (~650w actual from what I've researched)
Medium: CANNA Coco Bricks
Pots: 3-Gallon SmartPot filled to about 1.25" below the rim
Nutrients: GH Flora Trio, plus GH CaliMagic. CANNA Rhizotonic for seedling stage
Tent: 4x4x7 feet, 1.42 m^2 growing space.
Fan: 4" inline fan, moves about 180 cfm.
Water: 180 ppm tap water, dechlorinated for 24 hours.
Deficiencies: Definitely see signs of Ca deficiency, as well as maybe some P deficiencies. Believe this is from lockout due to acidic root zone rather than lack of nutrients available in the medium. I was overwatering for awhile due to her drinking needs changing. As it's my first time on this strain I wasn't prepared for the sudden change.

Comments, questions appreciated. I was gone for the initial flowering stretch period so I couldn't train her at all, although someone else was properly watering. Day 28 she was 13.5" tall. By day 42 she was 56" then growth slowed to about an inch a day for the next 8ish days when she finally peaked at 65" and has remained, although side colas started growing taller too.

Day 32 of flowering, supposedly a 49 day flowering cycle.
Seed: NL Auto from Canuk Seeds
Advertised maximum height: 55"
Actual height: 65"
Light: KIND LED XL1000W (~650w actual from what I've researched)
Medium: CANNA Coco Bricks
Pots: 3-Gallon SmartPot filled to about 1.25" below the rim
Nutrients: GH Flora Trio, plus GH CaliMagic. CANNA Rhizotonic for seedling stage
Tent: 4x4x7 feet, 1.42 m^2 growing space.
Fan: 4" inline fan, moves about 180 cfm.
Water: 180 ppm tap water, dechlorinated for 24 hours.
Deficiencies: Definitely see signs of Ca deficiency, as well as maybe some P deficiencies. Believe this is from lockout due to acidic root zone rather than lack of nutrients available in the medium. I was overwatering for awhile due to her drinking needs changing. As it's my first time on this strain I wasn't prepared for the sudden change.

Comments, questions appreciated. I was gone for the initial flowering stretch period so I couldn't train her at all, although someone else was properly watering. Day 28 she was 13.5" tall. By day 42 she was 56" then growth slowed to about an inch a day for the next 8ish days when she finally peaked at 65" and has remained, although side colas started growing taller too.
Great friggin job man. Holy genetics Batman!!!!!!

Hey, thanks @Nickystickybuds !! Haha I actually thought I got a wrong seed until she started smelling up the place. Then I noticed that formidable northern lights odor, just in fresh bud form not out of a dispensary canister. Not the loudest smell, but definitely fragrant up close. I've got maybe 2 more florakleen rinses left before i go straight water til the end. I've heard molasses in the last week, after florakleen? To prevent N uptake?

Hey, thanks @Nickystickybuds !! Haha I actually thought I got a wrong seed until she started smelling up the place. Then I noticed that formidable northern lights odor, just in fresh bud form not out of a dispensary canister. Not the loudest smell, but definitely fragrant up close. I've got maybe 2 more florakleen rinses left before i go straight water til the end. I've heard molasses in the last week, after florakleen? To prevent N uptake?
Not sure but I'm sure someone knows. I subscribe to the thought that done thongs maybe bull crap. That's one of them. They pretty much used most nitrogen anywsy. That's why leaves yellow. In nature the plants not like oh wait i need this and thst. Nah it takes what it needs and doesn't touch what she doesn't. Theres also a really cool thread in here somewhere about the "Flush Myth" really good thread. I mention it only to help you relax if youve gitten her this far youre doing all the right things man. Dont sweat the small stuff. As long as my basics are covered she/me are happy

So is the final bud swell a real thing too? Im supposedly in the final 2 weeks right now so ive started flushing with florakleen this week then regular phd water next... Are these fucking things actually going to get thicker and denser, maybe up to 2x in size/weight? I may need some support hooks

Yeah I'm just gonna keep it simple and easy, no extra bullshit. Literally just used rhizotonic, gh 3part, calmag, and ph up/down in 3gal coco to achieve this. No need to complicate things now
Right somerines we worry so much we forget to enjoy her. The entire grow process. This is the one thing where i can slow my thoughts and brain and enjoy life not endure it

Back
Top Bottom