First Grow Northern Lights x Big Bud Indoor Auto 2019

Lungren

Hello!
first grower here, on day 81 from seed and just starting journal here as my one on AFN seems to be down forever?
grew these ladies out in a 3x3 tent with a california lightworks 550 solar system ( with controller) they are now in a 5x5 tent with the same light
planted seeds in 3g knockoff airpots in a 50/50 coco promix high porosity medium
temps generally ran around 25c RH 50%
as i am late into flower running temp at 23Cish and dont have a dehumidifier yet so RH is around 44-505%
got a bunch of fans blowin air around and 6inch fancy extract fan hooked up to go right out my window, and a 4inch intake
lights are on 20/4 since seed and seem to be fine, i did have to adjust my light a bunch as it seemed a little strong at first
feeding with Advanced Nutrients lineup in RO water i get at a grocery store as my tap water is hard and sits about 350ppm, with most of the line
feed 4L to each lady about every 4-5 days when they are mostly dry
started LST pretty early on around day 20ish i think, seemed to be fine, def will be topping my next run
started flushing with 8L of just tap water with some flushing solution, and finished off with 4L of PH RO water the front two plants as they started to get a bunch of brown hairs on them, been about 9 days in for the front left plant and day 1 for front right
still no amber triches so hope im not flushing early! website said these run for 80-90 days
any tips tricks or advice always aprecciated!
and if i missed anything let me know!

You need to take photos to put in the gallery. 420 has contest and you posted a winner but you have to have 50 post to enter . It won’t take long with grows like that ! See if @snowbound and @Reave are lurking . The no flush club is @InTheShed thread , you’ll find it in his signature! If you want to summons someone in here just put an @ in front of it .

Did someone say #noflush? Not sure why you're flushing, but the first two links in my sig will show you that flushing will not remove any nutes from the buds if that's why you're doing it. Science FTW!

Welcome to the 420 website Dolph. :welcome: Nice plants! What's the theory behind a 50/50 mix of coco and ProMix HP? I run just ProMix HP for mine.
mostly peer pressure, i have heard some on the no flush, but a friend of mine been growing for awhile said unless you flush for 3 weeks shit wont burn white, guess thats all the rage nowadays

and the mix was recommended as being very easy soiless grow from the hydro store guy that set me up with everything
prob just do coco next time

Why not go full hempy? I see loads of growers having success with it.
bought these radicle bags, gotta try em out now! recommended from the dude grows show, seems to be lots of good info on it

man those flush articles were long as shit!!!
that guys thesis seems good, but all i really got out of it was how important VPD is, which i havent been monitoring at all
and flushing has no adverse effects on weight or THC content
but reading the other thing on 420 sounds like the added stress is very bad
i'm also basing most of my flushing advice on friends 3 week flush, hes always had dank weed

His dank weed had nothing to do with flushing! The pdf link (second link) is a test they did in hydro where one set of plants was in plain water for two weeks before harvest. No difference in the nutrient content of the buds after drying. You can't flush nutes from buds, it's scientifically impossible.

VPD is important if you have that kind of control. If not, just do the best you can. Here's a great thread on VPD if you're interested:

His dank weed had nothing to do with flushing! The pdf link (second link) is a test they did in hydro where one set of plants was in plain water for two weeks before harvest. No difference in the nutrient content of the buds after drying. You can't flush nutes from buds, it's scientifically impossible.

VPD is important if you have that kind of control. If not, just do the best you can. Here's a great thread on VPD if you're interested:
o damn, the way i read it, sounded like they were just testing dif flushes, and they all ended up the sameish, one control with flush every 2-3 days other ones different, called it mild stress moderate stress or something
and thank you i will look at that VPD thing
damn growin is awesome, even makes learning fun!!

They tested nutes, half-nutes, and no-nutes. No difference in bud content, so you can't flush the "nute-taste" from you harvest. It just can't be done. It's bro-science. The way to get the best taste and smoothness from the harvest is the correct dry and cure.
i do love me some bro science, well i'll try not flushing my other two plants and see how she goes, they are supposedly all the same strain
what do you think of the 2 days dark before chop?

I haven't seen a grower try it and stick with it. I tried and moved on. More light = bigger buds. No one I've seen can tell a difference between the ones with long dark periods and those with standard 12/12.

Harvesting at lights on seems to be a thing though!
guess thats just a loss of days

They tested nutes, half-nutes, and no-nutes. No difference in bud content, so you can't flush the "nute-taste" from you harvest. It just can't be done. It's bro-science. The way to get the best taste and smoothness from the harvest is the correct dry and cure.
so if i'm not flushing, just feeding same dose of nutes till chop, will my ladies fade on their own? show those beautiful fall colours and such?
i do like taking out the guesswork of when to start flushing for autos, still havent seen a single amber trichome on my buds

Any plant genetically programmed to have a nice fade will do that, feeding or no. One of the things never mentioned about the whole "flushing to use up the nutrients stored in the leaves" approach is that it only works for mobile nutrients. Calcium can only be sourced from the roots, along with some micro-nutrients.

Remember, we mulch the plants regardless of how pretty they look. It's the trichomes we're after!

Back
Top Bottom