First Grow: Northern Lights

The plants are looking happier now, here is a picture of the one that seemed to be in worse shape while recovering:
The plants seem to have recovered well, except one of the plants has some spots on the lowest fan leaves:

I'm thinking this is probably either a manganese or calcium deficiency? Any thoughts?

I began training this plant yesterday. Topped to the 4th node, and removed all growth below except for two sets of fan leaves. I'm planning on following the manifolding tutorial.

I've also added another light to my setup to fill out the tent better:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thanks for checking in! It is, and both plants are looking good. I have been taking photos and will upload a bunch tonight!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

It's been a while since I've updated this journal, the plants have come a long way. I topped the second plant, removing the top 3-4 nodes, and leaving all other growth. The result was a pretty flat, even, bushy canopy. The plant which i attenpted to manifold gave me difficulty, the stems were difficult to bend, and this one ended up being smaller. It has still grown nicely though.

I switched to flower on jan 30, and about 1 week later there are white pistils showing at the bud sites.

I bought FoxFarm soluble trio pack and began using "Open Sesame" at a low dose (<1/4tsp / gal). The larger plant is showing some slight signs of nutrient burn, so I diluted the nutrient solution a bit, down from 1050PPM to ~ 750PPM.

The smaller plant has been showing these brown spots and slight browning of the edges of some leaves. Could someone help me identify the problem here? I'm maintaining pH around 6.0, using CalMag, same nutrient concentration as the other plant. This one just won't stop showing brown spots.

Here is the topped plant on 1/17 :

I did figure out the problem with my roots early on. It was the light entering through the clear air hose tubing. Some athletic tape over the tubing near the bucket fixed this.

Now about 2.5 weeks after switching to 12/12. Lots of small buds forming, and they're still stretching. Only about 6" to the grow lights so hopefully they stop stretching and this doesn't cause any problems. I see some curling of the fan leaves near the top of the plants, maybe due to too much wind/transpiration? Otherwise they are looking very healthy, starting to think they may yield a good amount of bud!

IMG_20170216_081045.jpg
IMG_20170216_081018.jpg

Hi David, any chance you could move this back to "in progress" when you have a moment? Now that flowering has begun I will be posting regular updates. Thank you!

Agreed, kinda sets you up to take learning to the next level when you go from NL to a different strain. You get on the right track with NL, boosts your confidence and you fine tune it on the next grow. It was so easy to fix a calcium def on the NL and then two months later it was more involved of a correction on the GL. But every little problem encountered leads to learning the solution. And 420 has the best ppl and info!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks great, I'm currently using the same brand of lights (won't mention the name due to forum rules), I'm a week or two behind you, I'm growing NL, GL, AH, and one Blueberry strain. I'm in soil though.

Anyways, your plants look awesome, keep up the good work.

32 days into flower now. Any advice? I know the canopy is looking very bushy. I'm not sure if defoliating now makes sense or not.
IMG_20170303_081002.jpg
IMG_20170303_081414.jpg

Looking good man, I think first grow your best to just let her do her own thing but just my opinion obviously. Over next 2 weeks those buds will turn in to nugs. My current grow in sig is NL if u would like to see the change at certain weeks.

If you were to defoil anything i would just get the very bottom buds removed that are not receiving much light. But again totally uneccesary and you see to be doing fine:thumb:

Looking good man, I think first grow your best to just let her do her own thing but just my opinion obviously. Over next 2 weeks those buds will turn in to nugs. My current grow in sig is NL if u would like to see the change at certain weeks.

If you were to defoil anything i would just get the very bottom buds removed that are not receiving much light. But again totally uneccesary and you see to be doing fine:thumb:

Thanks man your pics were helpful. Still trying to figure out what to expect so I can know if everything is going smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom