First Grow: Northern Lights

I've had these rusty looking spots appearing on the leaves of one plant for basically the entire grow. I've kept pH between 5.7-6.1 for the whole grow, usually around 5.9-6.0 according to my digital pH meter. I'm not sure what nutrient deficiency this could be, as I've been givingn it plenty of P and K and Cal-Mag. almost 5 weeks into flower now. I'd like to stop this from getting any worse if possible.

Anyone have any suggestions?

We suggest calibrating your meter first and recheck the ph. Sometimes it creeps out of calibration and will cause exactly that. If it is calibrated good then try hanging out at 6.2 6.3 for a week

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Growchy, I tried calibrating my pH meter and it was wayyy off. Cheap one from Amazon, not too surprised that it stopped working. I'll be using the drops from now on, even though it's kind of a pain.

Adding some photos. 36 days into flower now, in this pic you can see some of the rusty looking leaf spots:
IMG_20170308_083059.jpg

Then I have a close-up of some trichs and some bud shots.
IMG_20170306_181042.jpg
IMG_20170308_083317.jpg
IMG_20170308_083248.jpg

About 6 weeks into flower now. I've been monitoring pH using the drop test kit, trying to keep it between 5.5-6. The leaf spotting g seems to have slowed/stopped, but the leaves of that plant have been drooping a bit for the past 2 days or so. Maybe because I tilted the fan to get better air flow to the other one?
IMG_20170313_082632.jpg

The other plant still has some skinny looking colas, which makes sense considering there are about twice as many, but I found 2 bananas on this one over the past 2 days. I plucked them and I'm keeping an eye out for more.
IMG_20170313_082641.jpg

I've had these rusty looking spots appearing on the leaves of one plant for basically the entire grow. I've kept pH between 5.7-6.1 for the whole grow, usually around 5.9-6.0 according to my digital pH meter. I'm not sure what nutrient deficiency this could be, as I've been givingn it plenty of P and K and Cal-Mag. almost 5 weeks into flower now. I'd like to stop this from getting any worse if possible.

Anyone have any suggestions?
From what the chart says maybe too much iron? Its really hard to gauge with the leds being in. Mine look yellowish but when i look at them under regular light they look fine...was going to post the deficinecy chart but it says i dont have permission to do so. Im sure if you search you will find something

Sent from my LGLS770 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

From what the chart says maybe too much iron? Its really hard to gauge with the leds being in. Mine look yellowish but when i look at them under regular light they look fine...was going to post the deficinecy chart but it says i dont have permission to do so. Im sure if you search you will find something

Sent from my LGLS770 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks. I think the main problem was my digital pH meter being broken without me knowing. I'm sure it could be something else as well, but fixing pH has seemed to slow this particular problem for now

It looks like you should be flushing now and harvesting soon. How do you like your smoke energetic or assing out on the couch? Lots of cloudy we would defo flush and chop before too many ambers set in. See what others think too

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm fine with a little bit of couch lock, but hopefully not too tranquilizing haha. It's an indica so I'm cool with letting it have the typical "indica" effects. I was surprised to see any Amber's at all considering the vast majority of pistils are still bright white. I will inspect some more buds in case that one is an outlier

Your grow looks awesome .

I was searching to find someone in late flower so that I could compare pics and issues with, if I may

Have you noticed changes in the color of your stems

Also I feel like my Incredible Bulks wont bulk. Did you go through a week or something without a lot of visible changes

Im afraid I am doing something wrong as 1st grow too

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Your grow looks awesome .

I was searching to find someone in late flower so that I could compare pics and issues with, if I may

Have you noticed changes in the color of your stems

Also I feel like my Incredible Bulks wont bulk. Did you go through a week or something without a lot of visible changes

Im afraid I am doing something wrong as 1st grow too

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Thanks! I did feel like growth slowed for a bit around week 4-5 of flower. In my case I think it was due to my pH being off, and maybe not having great airflow owner the whole canopy. So fixing pH, airflow, and adding a space heater to keep temps above 70 all helped. I'm near the end of week 7 now and they're still putting on weight

Back
Top Bottom