First Grow Of Bagseed

Backyardigan

Stories of first time growers most times start with bagseed, same. She's a strong plant, and in tandem we both are growing together. I never thought it'd sprout, but as my luck usually runs, I'm now farming.

-Strain: bagseed (from friend)
-Age: 11 weeks, 3days old from germ. (In 1st week of flower)
-Medium: Miracle Grow Nature's Care soil
-Mix: 40% perlite 60% soil (mixed and layered towards bottom)
-Container size: 3.5gal plastic
-Grow Space: Secret Jardin 2*2*5
-Light: Hydro Galaxy 300W LED
-Fan Specs: •Exhaust 110CFM
•Intake 48CFM Oscillating Vortex Mini Fan
-Nutes: •Miracle Grow Performance Organics All Purpose (11-3-8) *early veg
•Miracle Grow Performance Organics Blooms (8-8-8) *late veg
•More Grow Cactus Juice (1-7-6) *early flower
-Veg stats: 18/6, 10 weeks, 71°f-82°f, 60%-70% RH, 3-5 days of 16oz waterings of recommended nute mixtures (1gal), LST & topping trained
-Transition: 55hrs, defoliated at lights on
-Flower stats: 11/13 (on/off), 66°f-79°f, 45%-50% RH, veg water schedule but 24oz

I think that's all the stats to start, and I should be a mascot for MG or get sponsored (haha) for the product mention!

Please feel free to give constructive criticism that I should/should have applied at any stage of my #66 (named cuz I'm flowering in that temp, and I'm okay with that) growth. Mahalo

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_134328.jpg
    IMG_20200112_134328.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20200112_134314.jpg
    IMG_20200112_134314.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20200112_134257.jpg
    IMG_20200112_134257.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20200112_134242.jpg
    IMG_20200112_134242.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20200112_134221.jpg
    IMG_20200112_134221.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20200112_134210.jpg
    IMG_20200112_134210.jpg
    957 KB · Views: 154
Awesome you got a journal, I'll follow along if that's ok.
I have a feeling you are going to do really well with this plant.
Only thing I see missing is you may want some Cal mag on hand. It might not be needed but better to have just incase.

Awesome you got a journal, I'll follow along if that's ok.
I have a feeling you are going to do really well with this plant.
Only thing I see missing is you may want some Cal mag on hand. It might not be needed but better to have just incase.
Oh mahalo big time, I really appreciate it! I always planned on picking up CalMag+... I think you're referring to the yellowish tops right? I'm presuming tops are yellow'd from the 55hr transition... am I right in my presumption?

Oh mahalo big time, I really appreciate it! I always planned on picking up CalMag+... I think you're referring to the yellowish tops right? I'm presuming tops are yellow'd from the 55hr transition... am I right in my presumption?
No buddy, i wouldn't say they are anything to worry about, I found the newer growth darkens up as it grows, I'm in my first grow and after a couple of weeks of 12-12 my plants need a lot of calmag, I think it's common when using led lights, although I have no idea why that is.
Like I say you may not need it but if you have a bottle you can act quickly if they show signs of Cal or mag deficiency.

No buddy, i wouldn't say they are anything to worry about, I found the newer growth darkens up as it grows, I'm in my first grow and after a couple of weeks of 12-12 my plants need a lot of calmag, I think it's common when using led lights, although I have no idea why that is.
Like I say you may not need it but if you have a bottle you can act quickly if they show signs of Cal or mag deficiency.
Mahalo for the heads up, still planning on picking CalMag+ up (haha)

Yeah, sometimes my tops lightly yellow in transition too. Sometimes, if I have my lights too close or if the plant needs to be transplanted often signs.
Since you been vegging/flower in that pot for awhile adding cal/mag definitely would be necessary.

Your welcome brother. Hope it helps. I have experienced cal/mag is pretty strong mixing with other nutrients. Applying smaller amounts are always better especially if you can bubble it with an aquarium pump for at least 24 hrs. I saw better results when bubbling nutrients.
Good luck brother.

They all sound fantastic. The most important is where to buy them.
I heard the vault here on 420 mag is great too.
There is alot of great seed banks- those are the only ones I've ordered and been happy with. I have been looking into buying seeds straight here in north American but I'm good on seeds at the moment.

@Sparkey224 Haha, mahalo for the resources but I already have seeds... just trying to grow one plant at a time to maximize size and harvest. Also, I'm not a smoker. I smoke once in a social outing cuz I'm a lightweight and I get stuck when high. I read up on the wedding cake and chocolate thai. I already know about LS and Purple, so I'm kinda leaning towards wedding cake or chocolate thai... unless I should grow one of the other 2.

Hell yeah man. It's all about the excitement. I've been loving this plant for a long time and I stay excited pretty much daily except when I have to trim..lmao
You definitely have a green thumb bro. Great job on your plant. I will follow along for the ride.
The only other recommendation is to try fabric cloth pots. 5gal "Smartpots" . The cloth will air prune your roots and will never be root bound like plastic.

@Sparkey224 mahalo for the compliment, at first I got tired of hearing all my friends say "who get buds?" Now, I rather be watching my plant do nothing, growing happily, and it's fricken therapeutic! I will def give smart pots a try, but I feel like 5gal is too much. Maybe 3 is my lucky gal number (haha) I was even thinking about doing an aeroponic grow in the future!

Back
Top Bottom