First Grow Of My Life!

BuzzyB

This is the first grow I have ever attempted....I'm ready for some input and criticism if needed....I am so new to all of this, so here goes! Not easy, as some plants may be wrongly identified. My caregiver had a mild stroke and has memory issues. Trying to deal with it!
I have 8 strains going:
1 - AK-47
1 - LA Confidential
1 - Unknown (possible Madagascar)
1 - God Bud
1 - Big Blue Cheese
1 - Big Dog
2 - White Widow seedlings
2 - Grape Ape seedlings

All are currently in the veg room. Need to upload photos folks!

possible_Madagascar.JPG
LA_Confidential2.JPG
God_Bud3.JPG
Big_Dog.JPG
Big_Blue_Cheese.JPG
AK-4714.JPG

Very nice Buzzy! Damn it's lovely..........now you have a place to play and stretch...........:thedoubletake:

Play indeed! Do the plants look okay to you? Think I want to top them but may be a bit too early or too late? I dunno....the cuttings were very weak and spindly when I got them. I do think a little TLC has them recovering nicely! Dipped all in fat free milk after coming out of the clone bucket. Some started with 5 leaves, down to 3 and back to 5. I was told it was a genetic recovery type of issue, making it a non issue if they are healthy. Thanks mc! :peace:

They look very healthy buzz, the second one down looks a lil miffed, but mine will do that too sometimes. Ajagunle and I were having a short discussion about this very subject. In my case, having two groups of one strain tells me that it's not strain related........but this one plant looks baggy every day at 4:00....lol, and it goes back to normal in around an hour...........LOL! They are at a good place to be topped, try hard not to nick any other leaves if you top them....they hate that.......They are looking great! I'm glad that you treated them with the milk, your maiden voyage should be fun and these extra measures you take will pay off in the end. I am so excited......and I'm excited for you too! I never heard of genetic recovery, but I will tell you that when my plants went from my induction light to the hps they were not happy for 4 days....and half of them are not that happy right now. I just bought the same humidifier....that thing is amazing!

They look very healthy buzz, the second one down looks a lil miffed, but mine will do that too sometimes. Ajagunle and I were having a short discussion about this very subject. In my case, having two groups of one strain tells me that it's not strain related........but this one plant looks baggy every day at 4:00....lol, and it goes back to normal in around an hour...........LOL! They are at a good place to be topped, try hard not to nick any other leaves if you top them....they hate that.......They are looking great! I'm glad that you treated them with the milk, your maiden voyage should be fun and these extra measures you take will pay off in the end. I am so excited......and I'm excited for you too! I never heard of genetic recovery, but I will tell you that when my plants went from my induction light to the hps they were not happy for 4 days....and half of them are not that happy right now. I just bought the same humidifier....that thing is amazing!

Yep! That second one down is the LA Confidential. Just started that either yesterday or the day before! Not happy at all when the lights go off! She bounces back after about an hour, as you said! They are all on 18/6 right now. Miss LA is being persnickety! LOL! Love my humidifier as well! Doesn't add unwanted heat and stays pretty even. I had a guy at the local grow store tell me that now that I have an R/O water system, or if I draw water and let it sit overnight, to use an aquarium air stone and pump to re-oxygenate the water and it will greatly improve my yield! Since it's my first grow, I have nothing to compare it to, so I don't know if its true, but extra oxygen to the roots are a good thing, right? At least it kind of makes sense to me. Focusing now on finishing up the flowering room and keeping clutter and dust at a minimum. Not much left to do other than a bit of mylar and a few 90 degree elbows to finish the fresh air input/outputs. Thought this was the best way to get fresh air moving since light won't bend with a 90 degree elbow on both sides of the wall in opposing directions. We shall see! Not an engineer here, just trying to use common sense! Thanks mc! This is gonna be FUN!

Yep! That second one down is the LA Confidential. Just started that either yesterday or the day before! Not happy at all when the lights go off! She bounces back after about an hour, as you said! They are all on 18/6 right now. Miss LA is being persnickety! LOL! Love my humidifier as well! Doesn't add unwanted heat and stays pretty even. I had a guy at the local grow store tell me that now that I have an R/O water system, or if I draw water and let it sit overnight, to use an aquarium air stone and pump to re-oxygenate the water and it will greatly improve my yield! Since it's my first grow, I have nothing to compare it to, so I don't know if its true, but extra oxygen to the roots are a good thing, right? At least it kind of makes sense to me. Focusing now on finishing up the flowering room and keeping clutter and dust at a minimum. Not much left to do other than a bit of mylar and a few 90 degree elbows to finish the fresh air input/outputs. Thought this was the best way to get fresh air moving since light won't bend with a 90 degree elbow on both sides of the wall in opposing directions. We shall see! Not an engineer here, just trying to use common sense! Thanks mc! This is gonna be FUN!

I use two airstones in a 5 gallon bucket with measuring marks I made on the inside with a sharpie, each airstone has its' own aquarium pump. One reason folks let their tap water sit overnight or however long they do it is to allow the chlorine to evaporate. The chlorine comes from the water people...blahblahblah.........so, aerating your water and or nutrient solutions.....anything your going to apply...aeration is good. Common sense and your ability to be flexible to manipulate the environmental factors of your garden and change directions when necessary will be valuable tools. I measure every single drop that goes in my pots.....eyeballin it is difficult for me.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom