First Grow. One plant, Ghost OG. Need help on area/lighting/vent

flowerking

I have a few questions. My very first grow ever(including tomatoes, cucumber, etc. ) I was going to grow one plant in my closet. Space is 2X2 and about 6 ft tall. I was wondering if I could get by with only using a fan at top of closet blowing heat from light towards bottom. For lights I would be using 2 or 3 60 w CFL full spectrum bulbs. Is this enough lighting? Also would the space and idea work? I will post a picture later on. I'm currently at work. Remember this is my first attempt at this so please help out and im doing a lot of research to eliminate the stupid questions. Thanks for all input.:420::thanks:

My limited knowledge tells me that that isnt enough light but I have been wrong many times before. Def Interested in seeing the outcome...

I have a few questions. My very first grow ever(including tomatoes, cucumber, etc. ) I was going to grow one plant in my closet. Space is 2X2 and about 6 ft tall. I was wondering if I could get by with only using a fan at top of closet blowing heat from light towards bottom. For lights I would be using 2 or 3 60 w CFL full spectrum bulbs. Is this enough lighting? Also would the space and idea work? I will post a picture later on. I'm currently at work. Remember this is my first attempt at this so please help out and im doing a lot of research to eliminate the stupid questions. Thanks for all input.:420::thanks:

Ok first things first Welcome and good to see you posting on 420mag. Now your 2x2x6 space is fine. For your fan I would need you to say what temps first. Now the best thing to do is Set your grow room up (no plants) and run your lights. Get temp readings with no fan and then if temps are ok do not put fan blowing hot air down on plants. Only if room is on the cold side. 70-78 ok. 69 and lower cold side. Your 2-3 lights would be ok but smaller yield witch I think does not matter for you to learn the grow part first before jumping in head first. Remember this K.I.S (Keep It Simple). Back to CFL Is that 60w equivalent or is that 60watt what it draws? 3 should be just fine. I would look at 2' T5 lights would kick ass. I am a fan of raising and lowing one light with full coverage in small spaces. Now what do you plan to do for smell?

Thanks for all the quick advice guys. @CO Finest this is the link to the bulbs on ebay. Hydroponic Full Spectrum CFL Grow Light Bulb 60 Watt Bulb 5500K H60 New | eBay
So you recommend 2' T5 and just lower and raise as plant grows? and as far as the smell that was my next step. I don't want my neighbor to smell(quiet older couple) and I live in townhomes. and I have no idea what to do to hide smell besides try and build a small half door. I don't want to put any loud machines in my room. Im trying to post pictures but its saying I need to put them in my gallery to post them on here? Thanks again Guys.

Back
Top Bottom