First Grow: Organic, CFLs, in 2.4 Sq Ft Box

:goodjob: Those plants came out great and buds looks very nice! + reps

Thanks, Tunes420. I'm gonna try to make the plants for the next grow even more extraordinary!

Seemed to have missed your post in all the pre-holiday chaos! I love Da Buddha. It is simple, but is 100% of what one needs. and will not break easily... you can youtube a video of some dude wackin' one with a hammer and it still works :cheer: I have it hooked into a bong, so I can take massive tokes without that burn from the warm vapor (I am a bong man after all). It's nice to have the water and ice, and the water will catch all the particles that one can occasionally inhale from a slipped screen, etc. I also enjoy smoking the vapor resin from the tube in the bong. It tastes SOMEWHAT like resin, but has a very overwhelming hashy high. Puts me right to bed :p The one thing I try to tell people: Hold Your Vapor Tokes IN! It doesn't work the same as smoke, and the longer you hold it in, the higher you get . . . I wonder what vaporizing 80%amber heavy indica strain would be like.

Gotta love a device that can withstand multiple hammer blows and still continue to perform its usual functions. Nice. Well, now I'm gonna bust out the ol Vape and give it a whirl with the bong attached, and I'll also try holding the vapor in longer too, to see how that works. As far as 80% amber goes, that stuff'll pretty much put me down into the sofa cushions, even with a vaporizer. I remember the first time I really sat down and vaped a good amount of some heavy indica. I could hardly move.

How do you get all that golden-brownish resin out of the tube?

well this really was great after rereading your grow and seeing your results im feeling pretty good, if you got about 2.5oz with under 300 watts off 2 plants, im shooting for 1.5oz a plant, im running closer to 28,000 lumens on over 500watts
i love your journal this is like my guide

I think you can definitely do it! I saw that you got more light too, so I'm really excited for you. :popcorn:

Gotta love a device that can withstand multiple hammer blows and still continue to perform its usual functions. Nice. Well, now I'm gonna bust out the ol Vape and give it a whirl with the bong attached, and I'll also try holding the vapor in longer too, to see how that works. As far as 80% amber goes, that stuff'll pretty much put me down into the sofa cushions, even with a vaporizer. I remember the first time I really sat down and vaped a good amount of some heavy indica. I could hardly move.

How do you get all that golden-brownish resin out of the tube?

I know, eh? And i'm pretty sure i've seen that guy somewhere else before and made the connection with his youtube videos: I think Urban Grower did a piece on him. When you rig it up to the bong, just make sure you're using a clean bong. Nothing ruins the taste quicker than Smoke Resin, you'll notice that right away :p

I don't really have too much experience with strains and "amber trichromes" (i'm sure more of the commercial shit i've been smoking isn't exactly 'connoisseur' quality... it's mechanically trimmed, so byebye thc.) I can only imagine what I good heavy vapor hit is like :) Next grow tho, i'll be trying some super lemon haze and strawberry cough, along with blue cheese, white widow and hopefully some mystery free seeds.

As for scraping the tubes: I don't like mine getting very dirty, so I actually cut it shorter on the dirty end, and use a long thin smooth metal pick that comes with DaBuddha to scrape it out. I'll then heat the wand (glass tube) and it comes free really easily.

It's not a far cry from smoking resin, but definitely isn't loaded with carbon like a bongs resin. You can actually pick it up and roll it into a ball and it will not stick to you. Since it came up, for anyone who's considering getting a vaporizer:

1. Volacno: expensive. Could buy 2-3 buddhas. Works well, since it does the hard work for you with it's air pump, it's also got alot more moving parts. Mine I paid 700 bucks for, and it broke 2 months in (temperature controller failed). Had to send it to germany for 75$ to have it repaired and sent back, and that took 3 weeks. Bags can be a bitch to change, and the "oven bags sold at the store that made excellent replacements" are actually ROUND and will not give you the same, long tube as the packaged bags. Also, me and my buddy randomly LOST the small "stomper" piece that holds your bud in when it's being vaporized. The unit CANNOT be used without this small 2$ peice. What a PAIN IN THE ARSE. NEXT. Covered by warranty, yeah, but i'm still paying.

2. Vapor Bros, etc: From what I can tell, these are the same sorts of things are da budda, but with some more hype surrounding them to make them seem more worthwile then the last. These, IMHO, generally look cheap, and certainly can't be disguised as something other than what it is. They look like a ceramic heater in a block of wood because more often than not, they are. Some offer warranties, and these could indicate the more quality brands, but I've yet to see one with the offerings of dabuddha!

3. DaBuddha: My king of vaporizers. Accessorizable, it comes in a bag that you could put a baby in and toss off of a rooftop, and everything would be good. Best product bag i've ever seen: hidden compartments, smooth felt on the inside with hemp on the outside. Squeezing it, you can't even feel it's contents. lol - i'm still finding free glass mouthpeices that came with it inside the bag... so much padding! They can be hit with hammers, and survive, if need be. They can be used by MULTIPLE people, with no delay in between, unlike the volcano. They have a long ass power cord. (has yet to be an issue, wow :p) They come with a "oil vaporizer" tray that can be placed on top to render the escaping heat, melting wax or warming oils. Easy disguise :) We never put our budda "away" when company comes over. Just the resiny tubes, lol. it doesn't LOOK like a smoking device. Da budda also makes it easier to vaporize every last bit of the pot: volcano is a longer process of disconnecting, removing, stirring which can make smoking more of a chore.

. . . Next grow tho, i'll be trying some super lemon haze and strawberry cough, along with blue cheese, white widow and hopefully some mystery free seeds. . . As for scraping the tubes: I don't like mine getting very dirty, so I actually cut it shorter on the dirty end, and use a long thin smooth metal pick that comes with DaBuddha to scrape it out. I'll then heat the wand (glass tube) and it comes free really easily.

Hey ultrasonic. Thanks for the input on all the vapes. I kinda always wondered about the Volcano after I saw a couple of other patients using it at a club I used to belong to. Once I saw the price though, I was like, "Whaaaaat?" But, at the time I was lucky enough to know someone who was selling their Vapor Bros box and I picked it up for cheap. There's nothing too fancy about the unit, but it has a ceramic heater and the company seems to have taken care to ensure there aren't any glues or other toxic components contaminating the vapor. The box is well constructed and has a nice wood finish, but I doubt it would ever withstand a severe hammer blow, maybe not even a moderate blow. Bummer, dude. Anyway, I like the unit. Sounds like you're lovin' Da Budda though! Da Budda + Super Lemon Haze = :drool:

ya nothing against the Vapor Bros, but I just haven't used it. I guess at the end of the day what i'm really saying is the preferable type of vaporizor for me is the whip style ones like da budda and vapor bros.

Something I noticed about vapor bros is it's not hands free? I mean, do you have to hold the whip up to the unit itself, or can you just "lock it in" and lean back to toke?

I'm really looking forward to that SLH.... I keep hearing great things about it.

ya nothing against the Vapor Bros, but I just haven't used it. I guess at the end of the day what i'm really saying is the preferable type of vaporizor for me is the whip style ones like da budda and vapor bros.

Something I noticed about vapor bros is it's not hands free? I mean, do you have to hold the whip up to the unit itself, or can you just "lock it in" and lean back to toke?

I'm really looking forward to that SLH.... I keep hearing great things about it.

I think some of the older models were not hands-free, but the version I got . . . oh jeez, you just pack it up, lock it in, and go to town. So, not only can you lean back and toke, but you can multitask to your heart's content! I do, however, have to remove the glass piece to stir the weed every now and again to make sure all the herb turns a nice medium brown. Otherwise, bits of wonder-green remain unvaporized.

I think it's been 40 days since harvest, so that means the buds have been curing for about 5 weeks in the jars . . .

Lemme tell ya, all the mini-colas turned out great! All those buds that lived within about 7 inches from the lights are, in fact, fantastic! Those mini-colas are dense, very heavy for their size, and I noticed they have no "give" whatsoever, if that makes any sense. When I take them out of the jar, they first seem a little dry but mostly that's due to a few outside hairs and bits of leaflets (due to shoddy manicure). Once I break open the bud tho, I behold the magic inside. Beautiful.

Those buds made up about 1.8oz of my final yield. The rest of the popcorn-sized buds are less dense, but they are still little nuggets of fantastic crystallization. They'll just keep on curing for a while longer.

Despite their density, the buds break apart fairly easily. And the aroma they release when it's broken up, sheeeeeet! The raw medicine smells like "sativa" to me, with a definite piney sourness. The effects go straight to my head. Definitely uplifting, which was what I was hoping for on this first grow. I might go for a little more couchlock in the second grow, but i'm not sure yet. The second grow is in progress, by the way. Link is below.

The buds are burning so much better now. It's hard to believe I actually grew this stuff. Quality medicine if I do say so myself. :yummy:

Thanks again, everyone, for making this such a great community.

Those buds sound amazing, Great job on the grow and enjoy your harvest. You deserve it for sure.. Great job + rep

Those buds sound amazing, Great job on the grow and enjoy your harvest. You deserve it for sure.. Great job + rep

Hey Sonzor. Thanks for the kind words and rep. I am very happy with how everything worked out and feel privileged to be able to hang out with such great people.

And I suppose since I'm having a little trouble with the babies in my new grow, I could always ease my troubles a bit with a little nugget from the jar:
DSCF001015.JPG

DSCF00247.jpg

DSCF001810.jpg

Holy cow. Those buds would put a smile on anyones face. Nice and sparkly, I bet those things are wonderful... Enjoy...

This journal gave me mad inspiration for CFLs and LST. I will be using both in my first grow thanks to you. Your journal was thought out and thorough... Thanks for all the knowledge!! Maybe sometimes you can stop by my grow and give me some tip comments or advice! Cg on your badass buds man

This journal gave me mad inspiration for CFLs and LST. I will be using both in my first grow thanks to you. Your journal was thought out and thorough... Thanks for all the knowledge!! Maybe sometimes you can stop by my grow and give me some tip comments or advice! Cg on your badass buds man

C'mon over and check out my second grow. The link is in my sig. The ladies are in their last few weeks and are looking mighty fine. It'd be great to have you along for the rest of the ride.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'd love to check out your grow.

I loved this journal. Gave me some ideas for my grow, which is also CFL and in a confined location. Just started LST the other day, I hope I can get it looking as good as yours!

I look forward to seeing more!

I loved this journal. Gave me some ideas for my grow, which is also CFL and in a confined location. Just started LST the other day, I hope I can get it looking as good as yours!

I look forward to seeing more!

I'm sure you're gonna do great with all the kind, knowledgeable folks here. Good luck and I'm glad this journal gave you some ideas.

those nugz look frosty. I love how the heads of the glands reflect the light. + rep

Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom