First Grow - Out Window

420weedhead

Ok so I'm starting my first grow ever today. I got 4 seed I've already germinated and planted 1 but I have a couple of questions. what kind of soil is best for my new seedlings? How many times should I be watering them a week? And is 12 hours of sunlight coming from the window enough or should I just place them directly in the sunlight?

Your plants would prefer direct sunlight without a doubt. The window will change the spectrum a bit and take away from the power of the sun. There are many options out there for soil. Fox Farm Ocean Forest is a good choice for a good soil, there are a few other out there that have great results. Also look into option like High Brix or even creating your own soil. Just stay away from Miracle Grow or soils with time released fertilizers. There is no set schedule for watering. Most growers use the lift pot method for watering. This is just simply lifting the pot and using the weight of it to determine when to feed. When the pot feels light as it came from the bag then its time to water. Also you can stick your finger in the soil if its dry an inch or so from the top then its time to water. I water about every 4 - 5 days. Good luck and hope you don't mind if I sit in for this.

Also the changing of the seasons will naturally tell a plant when to flower. Since you are getting into the season late you may need to manipulate this a little bit but others on this site will have a better idea of how this is done.

Thank you I'll be posting pictures once they sprout, but I decided to use compost soil and in leaving them in the sunlight. (An even bigger challenge is my mom decided to grow her own seeds and made a little bet with me on who could actually grow there's)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom