First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

The AK-47 runt looks to be putting out some pistils, even though it sits only 9" tall on day 35. That's what happens with an auto that won't grow - the clock keeps ticking. I'm going to let it run its course just so I have a complete grow of this strain to compare to the next AK seed I sprout.

20170623_074220.jpg

20170623_073931.jpg

And here is Blueberry 2 on day 34, a day younger than the AK-47. LST continues, and along with bending down the main and side branches, I'm using twist ties to do leaf tucking as well so the side sprouts get as much sun (gloom) as possible. I wish my light meter was working so I could compare the gloom lux with the CFL lux to know which is contributing more to the plants.

Overview of Blue 2

20170623_073819.jpg

and a couple of side shots (the rocks are keeping the leaves off the dirt):

20170623_073916.jpg

20170623_073905.jpg

Comments and questions welcome! Happy Friday all.

Just an aside, I took one drop of 5% CBD oil last night (420 brand, organic, CO2 extracted). I have "middle" insomnia which is where I wake up and have trouble falling back to sleep. Xanax before bed is helpful, particularly if I knock it back with 10oz of water/psyllium husks which seems to make it like a slow-release formula. Of course, xanax can be hard to come by (I do have an Rx but still...) and I don't really want to take it too often.

So here's the results: woke up in the middle of the night needing to pee and felt almost too tired to bother getting up. I felt like I was really heavy. I got up anyway and fell back to sleep pretty quickly. :bravo: I even fell back to sleep at 7:15am which I almost never do. That one took a while but I still felt like a sloth.

Anyway, I rolled over at 9:20 and noticed the sun was out so I had to get up to move the plants out of the shed. I was still a bit foggy but duty called. Of course the clouds have rolled in.

It's 10:20am now and after a big glass of water I'm feeling better, but I am interested in anyone else's CBD oil experiences.

Just a quick update since not much has changed. I burned a couple of Blueberry 1's leaves last night with a CFL. It's hard to get everything set just right with those makeshift tin foil hats. Still, no worse for wear:

20170624_095144.jpg

LST continues on Blueberry 2. I'm following the circle of the pot counter clockwise as well as training down some of the new side growth:

20170624_095203.jpg

Blueberry 1 didn't put on any additional height yesterday but I hope it's not done. At 20" it's 12" shorter than the specs and I don't think I've done anything wrong to stunt its growth. If there's still no new height by next watering I'm going to go with just Tiger Bloom.

Anyone else find that they're plants don't need watering very often? Mine go 5 or 6 days in between, which doesn't give a lot time to adjust nutrients or even flush when the time comes.

I have to blueberries that I planted on the 17th of May one that I'm so LST and FIM very early. I'd love to hare photos but I'm not sure how.
Your grow is about the same as mine. The one that I have left alone is getting so about fat with white pistols that are starting to change to orange, my trichomes are cloudy.

Pics would be great! Here's the link to the How-To on photos:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Yours seems really early if you already getting orange pistols. My blueberry 1 went in on May 9th and you can see from the photos it's nowhere near that far along! How tall is yours and what were the specs on size an days?

Just reading nivek's "Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis" Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis
and I'm wondering if I've stunted the growth of Blue 1 by adding the TigerBloom too early in the process. I did ADD it to the GrowBig but it looks like I'm supposed to wait until growth has stopped before adding ANY bloom nutes. I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time to add much TigerBloom to the flowering bc of how long between waterings these can go, but I might have been off and shut down the Blue 1 growth.

Either way, I won't be adding any bloom nutes to the other two until all upward (or outward for the LST!) growth has stopped and see if that changes anything.

So i trained until she started to show good side growth so when the sides look like the top stop and let them go up then use either super cropping or almost a scrog to direct the tops once they go up

I wasn't sure about supercropping an auto. A lot of posters say autos don't like to be messed with that much. Also, I doubt I can set up a scrog for this outside grow but I'll definitely find a way to support the tops when they (hopefully) get too heavy to stay up on their own. Barbecue skewers and twist ties: my go-to method so far.

And last but certainly not least, Blueberry 1 at day 50. 55 day grow according to the specs! Har!

Whole plant:

20170628_081430.jpg

Top flower:

20170628_081446.jpg

Bottom branches and buds. Does anyone cut these off to support more growth to the top flowers or is there not a big enough gain to make losing these buds worth it?

20170628_081538.jpg

20170628_081551.jpg

Vertical growth is done on this so it's only getting TigerBloom from here on in. Can I get an estimate as how long this one is going to go?

Back
Top Bottom