First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Looking tits!!!!

Thanks Waffle! This plant is in no hurry so I guess I can't be either. On the other hand, I would like to be finished with the "grow" part of the "grow journal" so I can move on to the next phase where I start experimenting with decarb and lotions.

I'm penciling in Saturday for the chop. Fam will be out of town so I'll have nothing but time on my hands. I'm sure my son would like to watch the process (he's interested in this whole growing thing and even hung out with me while I trimmed Blue 2) but I'm sure with three new plants that will be ready IN DECEMBER ;) he'll have other opportunities!

Thanks Waffle! This plant is in no hurry so I guess I can't be either. On the other hand, I would like to be finished with the "grow" part of the "grow journal" so I can move on to the next phase where I start experimenting with decarb and lotions.

I'm penciling in Saturday for the chop. Fam will be out of town so I'll have nothing but time on my hands. I'm sure my son would like to watch the process (he's interested in this whole growing thing and even hung out with me while I trimmed Blue 2) but I'm sure with three new plants that will be ready IN DECEMBER ;) he'll have other opportunities!
We're always in our ladies schedules it seems lol

I'm interested in watching that next phase too! Especially if my outdoor ends up all being some hempy CBD strain lol

Wednesday, day 111 for the AK-47. Seeing new growth at the ends of some of the buds, and the pic below is an extreme example of it. Also seeing some bud rot, which is not really surprising as it's been growing much longer than anyone would have thought, so I will def be taking this down on Saturday.

20170906_085746.jpg

20170906_085757.jpg

Friday for sure and I smell a three-day weekend a'coming!

We had a thunderstorm last night at around 6pm here in LA! It goddamned rained in August! And the humidity was disgusting. I felt like I had never left NY. Yuck. Even though the rain lasted all of 20 minutes, the moisture hung around for a few more hours and air drying anything was not happening.

I went back to the rice balls for Blue 2 and AK middle and managed to get the RH in the jars into the 60s, but they were back up again this morning.

The rest of Blue 2 that was hanging in the box came down this morning and is sitting in open jars in the shed along with the jars from last night's rice ball procedure. I hope it's dry enough in there!

I had to dump 21 grams of Blue 2 (not wet/not dry) into the freezer bag o'trim because of bud rot. One of the ones I tossed was one of the larger colas, and then some smaller ones as well. As I mentioned before the freezer trim will be cooked into lotion. Botrytis is killed by heating to 266° though from what I've read hot air will not do it. It would need to be steamed at 212° for 30 minutes at least, but if I decarb in coconut oil (which boils at 351°, well over decarb heat) I should be okay as well. I will post the process when I get to it, which will be after the rest of AK comes down to end the "grow" portion of the grow journal.

And speaking of the remaining AK-47, here it is on day 106, along with shots of two of the larger buds. You can see new pistils well as new calyx growth. This really could go to Halloween! But I'll check the trichomes tomorrow and see if it's ready ;)

20170901_075123.jpg

20170901_075138.jpg

20170901_075151.jpg

Looks like a Christmas tree damn...

looking good shed. Damn ak is going to be worth your wait!:thumb:

Thanks Moon! I hope so but I'm not sure if waiting this long was the best choice. It's looking pretty tired and the bud-rot has set in to more buds the older it gets. It's all a trade-off. I'm not too bothered because I already took a lot off the plant and I think more than half of what's left will be good, but I think that 114 days tomorrow is like living to be 110 years old. Maybe you're still alive but how much can you contribute?

On the plus side, I bought my wife a surprise yesterday! She has a tendency to pack buds so tight into the bowl that she can't draw, so last night she opened this:

20170908_091856.jpg

She's a happy camper!

Big day with lots of photos as today marked the end of the growing stage of this first grow. Not the journaling stage bc as I mentioned, everything that happens with these plants and their parts will get written up here. Text will be interspersed with the photos for clarity.

Here is AK-47 on day 114 which is way longer than it probably should have gone. Even though there isn't an inordinate amount of amber, the plant, much like Blue 2 at 99 days (I think), is tired. Lots of bud rot and crunchy pistils.

20170909_083105.jpg

20170909_083142cr.jpg

20170909_083150cr.jpg

The whole plant before washing was 206 grams, and just the stems with buds was 195 grams.

Here are the buds hanging in the breeze after the wash:

20170909_085213.jpg

Here's the root ball:

20170909_090853.jpg

And here is what's left after taking out the bud-rot:

20170909_100151.jpg

Hung in the box to dry:

20170909_100723.jpg

Wet fans were 12 grams, clipped stem and branches were 12 grams, and the trim – including the bud-rot – came in at a whopping 58 grams (including wash water).

I'm hoping that neem oil will keep the rot down in my next grow though it isn't used in flower so I'm not sure. Maybe lower humidity in the fall and a shorter grow time will help. I did buy a very small dehumidifier (for the drying-in-jars process) but I don't know if it will be big enough for the shed when they're in there at night during flower.

Also, today was day 14 for the Blue 2 buds that went into the fridge for the low-and-slow dry. I pulled the bag out, left it for an hour to get to room temp, and then put them in a jar to check the RH. It was 60% adjusted.

20170909_112153.jpg

That means it's time to leave them in the jar for the rest of the cure. Here's what they looked like.

20170909_113258.jpg

Definitely more green than the standard-dry buds but these don't have the blueberry smell that the rest of Blue 2 does. I'll let you know if that changes with time in the jar.

That's all for today folks. Stick around while I sort out the decarb and lotion process I'm going to use!

Thanks Moon! I hope so but I'm not sure if waiting this long was the best choice. It's looking pretty tired and the bud-rot has set in to more buds the older it gets. It's all a trade-off. I'm not too bothered because I already took a lot off the plant and I think more than half of what's left will be good, but I think that 114 days tomorrow is like living to be 110 years old. Maybe you're still alive but how much can you contribute?

On the plus side, I bought my wife a surprise yesterday! She has a tendency to pack buds so tight into the bowl that she can't draw, so last night she opened this:

20170908_091856.jpg

She's a happy camper!

I'll bet she's happy man. That looks suhh weet!! Ur a good man Charlie brown:thumb:

I'll bet she's happy man. That looks suhh weet!! Ur a good man Charlie brown:thumb:

:) She's enjoying it already and it was surprisingly cheap! She went to hang with a bunch of girlfriends and one of them is an expert joint roller. She ground up some of Blueberry 1, spliffed it, and everyone was amazed at how high they got off my homegrown dope. They said it needed a surgeon general's warning not to smoke it like the stuff they usually buy!

I think my mini dehumidifier is too mini even for a closet, so I'm trying it out in a box! It's obv slower than rice balls but that means I don't have to babysit it so intently!

AK-47 middle and 5 jars of Blue 2:

20170910_090712.jpg

Hmmm rice balls is a unit of time and gerbil penis' a unit of measurement. I have learned so much on 420 lol

Back
Top Bottom