First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Incoming summary post...

Blueberry 1 came down on day 84 (on page 21) and the plant weighed in at 254 grams before wash.
Final dried buds were 49 grams.

Blueberry 2 came down on day 99 (page 37) and the stems with buds weighed in at 760 grams (not counting the branches and main stem).
76 grams of that was bud-rot that went into the freezer for the salve.
Final dried and smoke-able bud was 124 grams. Add to that approx 40 grams of decarbed botrytis buds and you get a total of 164 grams.

AK-47 came down in three stages (a staggered harvest).
Top was chopped on day 87 (page 30), and it weighed in at 143 grams before wash.
Middle was chopped on day 100 (page 37) and weighed 100 grams before wash.
Bottom was chopped on day 114 (page 42) and weighed 206 grams before wash.
Final dried bud weight was approximately 53 grams (I forget to weigh and some has already gone up in smoke!).

I've blogged the posts on rice balls, using botrytis buds, salve making, and loupe-using. Check them out if you haven't already.

That's the story Jerry? That's the story!

I'll be marking this journal as completed, and I want to send a big thank you to all my fellow 420maggers who helped, guided, and encouraged me along the way!

:thanks:
:circle-of-love:
:cheer:

Incoming summary post...

Blueberry 1 came down on day 84 (on page 21) and the plant weighed in at 254 grams before wash.
Final dried buds were 49 grams.

Blueberry 2 came down on day 99 (page 37) and the stems with buds weighed in at 760 grams (not counting the branches and main stem).
76 grams of that was bud-rot that went into the freezer for the salve.
Final dried and smoke-able bud was 124 grams. Add to that approx 40 grams of decarbed botrytis buds and you get a total of 164 grams.

AK-47 came down in three stages (a staggered harvest).
Top was chopped on day 87 (page 30), and it weighed in at 143 grams before wash.
Middle was chopped on day 100 (page 37) and weighed 100 grams before wash.
Bottom was chopped on day 114 (page 42) and weighed 206 grams before wash.
Final dried bud weight was approximately 53 grams (I forget to weigh and some has already gone up in smoke!).

I've blogged the posts on rice balls, using botrytis buds, salve making, and loupe-using. Check them out if you haven't already.

That's the story Jerry? That's the story!

I'll be marking this journal as completed, and I want to send a big thank you to all my fellow 420maggers who helped, guided, and encouraged me along the way!

:thanks:
:circle-of-love:
:cheer:
Congrats man. I'm on my 1st grow too. Can I ask ye why you cut the ak-47 in three stages? Been thinking on doing the same. My main colas seem a bit more advanced than lower down.

Hey bro, I was reading & thought holy shit....4 oz’s is a lot! Did I read that right she’d. Bb2 = bout 4 oz. or better. Dude, you better not leave my journal!! Lol.

I said it before, & I’ll say it again. Great journal my man. Thanks for all the help! :thumb: Guess I need to “spread some love!” I just figured out about rep points. But it said I’d have to spread some love around before I could give u more!! Off I go.....who wants some love cheekey munkies???

Congrats man. I'm on my 1st grow too. Can I ask ye why you cut the ak-47 in three stages? Been thinking on doing the same. My main colas seem a bit more advanced than lower down.

That's exactly the reason to do a staggered harvest. Different parts of the plant can be ready at different times. If you want to have all the buds with the same amount of amber, sometimes you gotta take them down at different times.

Thanks again all. Marking this as completed, but anything that pertains to this grow will be added here, where it belongs. I may add some info to the new grow(s) as well but I will link back here. Have you noticed I'm a big fan of hyperlinks?

Ciao!

Bravo sir! Bravo.
Thanks for letting me hop on at the end!
May have some salve questions for you

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I dust the leaves with it, cover the whole plants. It sticks on the leaves until harvest. But by harvest at least I will have defoiled the plants several times so it's all gone by harvest. My current grow I had to use it in the flowering period, but was luckily early in. All the leaves are still covered. Looking kinda like the plants have a ghostly haze

Nice find! I'll check HomeDepot when I'm there later. My sister in NY recommended that to me years ago for roaches!

Do you dust the leaves with it or just the soil? Will it even stick to the leaves?

BTW I've got relatives all over the UK but none of them are growers :), just in-laws.

Re: First Grow - Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Here's another current grow in a 4x4. This is right after treatment. I flipped to 12/12 right after

mhp001.jpg

A couple of weeks later
update_006_-_overview_mobile_phone.jpg

And a couple of days ago after defoil
420-magazine-mobile1467312042.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1938525805.jpg

I dust the leaves with it, cover the whole plants. It sticks on the leaves until harvest. But by harvest at least I will have defoiled the plants several times so it's all gone by harvest. My current grow I had to use it in the flowering period, but was luckily early in. All the leaves are still covered. Looking kinda like the plants have a ghostly haze

In flower huh...interesting. It should wash off after harvest I would imagine, yes? I read somewhere you can dissolve it in water and spray it on and it remains after the water evaporates. Might cut down on the inhalation issues with it. I bought some this afternoon but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Some morning this week once the heat breaks.

Yes, I'll wash the buds from that harvest. I kinda had no other choice. Spider mite attack. Gave them both Diatomaceous earth and 12 hours shock treatment of ozone. That killed every single one of them. Not sure which of the treatments were most efficient.

Allthough Diatomacous earth can be eaten and is a great food supplement, I wouldn't want to inhale it.

In flower huh...interesting. It should wash off after harvest I would imagine, yes? I read somewhere you can dissolve it in water and spray it on and it remains after the water evaporates. Might cut down on the inhalation issues with it. I bought some this afternoon but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Some morning this week once the heat breaks.

It was this grow that made me implement DE in my routines - Figured it's better to treat before you get a problem

Hey d'ja miss me, I'm baaaack!

Salve update:

I took 4 ounces of the massage oil and decided to turn it into more salve, as that is easier to work with and transport than runny oil. I took 22 grams of beeswax off the cubes to melt in (cleaning off the epoxy, duh) and replaced it on the cubes with candle wax.

As a change of pace, I wanted to see if I could kill the smell or at least tone it down, so my wife was willing to sacrifice a small bottle of lemon essential oil. I ended up using about 20 drops and there is just enough lemon smell to cut the toasted dope smell. I don't think either are overpowering now.

Here's the result:

20171020_075604.jpg

20171024_214043.jpg

I was going for a nice presentation on this one so I didn't whip it as it cooled. Looks nice, no?

Thanks tho.

I'm in southern California and it took about 2 or 3 weeks to arrive, can't remember exactly. Took about the same time for the CBD oil I ordered from them as well. Neither looked like they had gone through customs.

You can get Che oil thru mail??? What about flower??

Back
Top Bottom