First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

re: First Grow - Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

It's amazing what a few days of sunny skies will do for these plants! They don't seem to be doing anything under the CFL's at night, but here's what they looked like this morning:

Blueberry 1 at 36 days

20170614_083232.jpg

AK-47 at 27 days

20170614_083255.jpg

Blueberry 2 at 26 days with LST continuing

20170614_083309.jpg

20170614_083330.jpg

Still wondering if it's worth the nightly move into the shed for CFL augmentation. Anyone have a thought?
wow you really had her bent over, clever idea with the rock cant wait to do sum LST on my white widow gonna take me some time to finish up reading on this old journal but had comment.....

re: First Grow - Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

Another thing, turns out that Blueberry 1 looked thirsty last night, so I watered it with plain pH 6.2 water. Funny thing is that even though I water these plants with 6.2-6.4 water and the runoff is the same (measured with a digital tester), the soil always reads 7.0 with the soil meter probes. I'm not going to worry too much about it as long as everything looks ok, but it still seems odd to me.
when i use my probe it has to stay in the soil for a minute bc it says 7.0 just like yours then after a min or 2 in soil ill start getting readings of 6.5/6.4

wow you really had her bent over, clever idea with the rock cant wait to do sum LST on my white widow gonna take me some time to finish up reading on this old journal but had comment.....
I don't run LST on my photos because I can do all the fun high-stress stuff. I do spread them out with ties and supercropping, but I don't tie them that flat because I can let them get taller as the veg. I'd only do that on a photo if my tent was 2' tall :).
when i use my probe it has to stay in the soil for a minute bc it says 7.0 just like yours then after a min or 2 in soil ill start getting readings of 6.5/6.4
Yeah those probes are basically crap. I haven't used mine since I got my meters and now I don't even know where it is!

I don't run LST on my photos because I can do all the fun high-stress stuff. I do spread them out with ties and supercropping, but I don't tie them that flat because I can let them get taller as the veg. I'd only do that on a photo if my tent was 2' tall :).

Yeah those probes are basically crap. I haven't used mine since I got my meters and now I don't even know where it is!

Yeah i thought mine was to bc i had that problem in i had left it in the soil for a minute and it started to work my was like 8$ and its always on point with my run off i just figured id bring it up incase you wanted to try it again that to just leave it in soil :Namaste:

In case no one wants to re-read this journal from the start
well someone did! :love:
everyone was amazed at how high they got off my homegrown dope.
Isn’t that a great feeling?
I don't think I'll ever top an auto. I'm a member of the Our Lady Queen of LST!
How’s that working out? Pretty damn well I’d say! I’m still gonna top an auto. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Loved your first journal Shed. I had so many quotes lined up and lost them all at about page 30 (doh!). Once again, it’s good for a newbie like me to be able to see that the people I look up to on this site were once, kinda, like me. :laugh: Thanks for putting it all out there - your first journal was packed with lots of great bookmarks for me! :thanks:

well someone did! :love:
Well oil beef hooked! Amazing commitment Boo. :thanks:
Isn’t that a great feeling
IKR!
How’s that working out? Pretty damn well I’d say! I’m still gonna top an auto.
If I grew anything other than DDAs these days I still would :). But I try not to dissuade others from topping. So of course I'll be watching yours.:high-five:
your first journal was packed with lots of great bookmarks for me!
I'm really glad there was helpful stuff and it was worth the read.
:Namaste:

And of course, Blueberry 1, day 52. Switched last night to straight TigerBloom, 1.5tsp/gallon.

Whole plant:

20170630_074803.jpg

Lower flowers:

20170630_074857.jpg

Main cola (look at me using cannabis terminology!):

20170630_074922.jpg

Some of the upper pistils are starting to turn brown at the tips. What's that mean?

20170630_074922cr.jpg

Also, anyone have an estimate about how long this has left to go? I want to make sure I have time to flush it since there's been no plain water since I started feeding.
It’s so funny going back in time. Lol!
Ole Shed learning to fly.

I made tin foil hats for all three plants
So they do have a use after all!
Shed, why didn't you top your autos? I am going down rabbit holes to try to decide how to grow mine. I found a tutorial on a seed site that says that topping and training autos is not for the faint hearted. I feel a bit faint of heart but that is not to say it cannot be overcome if necessary. I read Boo's method yesterday and I could do it. What are the pros and cons? I asked Google but it doesn't have a direct answer for me... just more rabbit holes lol.

So they do have a use after all!
Shed, why didn't you top your autos? I am going down rabbit holes to try to decide how to grow mine. I found a tutorial on a seed site that says that topping and training autos is not for the faint hearted. I feel a bit faint of heart but that is not to say it cannot be overcome if necessary. I read Boo's method yesterday and I could do it. What are the pros and cons? I asked Google but it doesn't have a direct answer for me... just more rabbit holes lol.
I actually answered that question on another thread just yesterday!

Any idea of how much I should trim? Only the tiniest buds at the very bottom and all new branch growth like in this pic?

20170628_081430-lower-buds.jpg

Hate to sound too nervous but this is my first grow and I want to be able to show off my harvest! A lot of my (non-growing) friends are talking trash about what I'll be able to get.
.Talking trash about YOU?....I hear Karma coming......

Happy 4th of July to all those celebrating Independence Day! Quick update before the grilled meats!

I did some thinning of lower branches and buds of Blueberry 1 today, as well as feeding with 1/4 tsp/gallon with Open Sesame.

20170704_104035.jpg

Think I went too far?
Shed, how often do you use the Open Sesame? Separate watering with G.B. and CalMag?

Back
Top Bottom