First Grow Pineapple Kush Auto By Big Daddy

Ba-duh CHING.

That said, I liken CalMag to a new parents view of Robitusin. I really don’t know what it does beyond relieving general symptoms.

Might be better if every grower started thinking of "Cal/Mag" as Robitussin and Absorbine Jr. If you have a cough and phlegm, you don't automatically administer both of those things :rolleyes: . If you're sick and sore, of course...

I guess the sellers of such products figure their customers can hit more targets with a shotgun than they can with a rifle, lol?

Ok. I answered in your ask for help thread too.
Looks like a combo but I will call in a few more to help you out.
@Mr. Krip @TorturedSoul
Thank you so much, you are the champ

^I thought I posted that couple days ago but realized never hit the button.
It was just sitting there un-hit in one of my tabs haha

Looks like calmag def and maybe light burn
What light are you using and how close to the plant
I am using 1000W full-spectrum LED lights.
But it is made in china also I am keeping it roughly 18" from top of the plants.
As far as cal/mg deficiency, what could I feed it if I don't have cal/mg specific nutrient?
My current nutes for veg does say "ample" amount of cal/mg is included but not sure how much is included in there.

Hi. My first thought was bite marks. They are probably in your soil.

Since you don’t really know the composition of your soil, I would hesitate to add any neutriants during veg other than something like cal mag.

You repotted autos, so there is that too.

I’d check the underside of your leaves very carefully. Neem oil is the gentle option for getting rid of eggs. You don’t have many leaves so it’s an option. I’m fine with bug spray. You can buy nematodes to treat your soil. They eat the larva. Get it on amazon. diatomaceous earth is good for the surface. Dealing with pests is a multi pronged job. You have to break the cycle.

I’d focus on the pests. You should be fine. :cheer::cheer:
I didn't see anything under the leaves but I will set up a yellow card to double check.
I don't have the real thing but I am thinking box tape flipped out around the index card might do the trick??

I am using 1000W full-spectrum LED lights.
But it is made in china also I am keeping it roughly 18" from top of the plants.
As far as cal/mg deficiency, what could I feed it if I don't have cal/mg specific nutrient?
My current nutes for veg does say "ample" amount of cal/mg is included but not sure how much is included in there.

I didn't see anything under the leaves but I will set up a yellow card to double check.
I don't have the real thing but I am thinking box tape flipped out around the index card might do the trick??
That ought to do it. If they are in your soil, you will be seeing them again. The cycle from egg to flying about is 4 weeks.

That ought to do it. If they are in your soil, you will be seeing them again. The cycle from egg to flying about is less than a week.
Also if I don't have neem oil on hand.
I was thinking about maybe dilluting baking soda and white vinegar to make a spray.
Would this work and would it possibly hurt the plant?
Should I just order some neem oil?

Also if I don't have neem oil on hand.
I was thinking about maybe dilluting baking soda and white vinegar to make a spray.
Would this work and would it possibly hurt the plant?
Should I just order some neem oil?

Sorry, don't know. I've never used neem oil. By the time I knew what was going on with my plants it was way too late. From what I read you need to indiviually wipe the leaves. I wasn't prepared to do that. I used two bug sprays that said they were for gnats. One was strong. The other wasn't. I sort of alternated them. If I had to do it over, I would have stuck with the strong one, treated the soil (top and nematodes), and hung sticky tape. It's what I did eventually. It took most of the bloom cycle and a couple of weeks of the veg cycle to sort it out.

I also bud wash at the end of the cycle, so any of the toxins that might be hanging around get washed off. Having said that I stopped spraying during a chunk of the bloom cycle, but by then I had it mostly under control with the nematodes, diatomaceous earth, and the sticky tape.

Hey @Bigdaddy69 I have just finished dealing with a huge fungus gnat problem! Like filling two yellow sticky traps every two days. But they never did any damage to my leaves? I think the real damage is done to the roots which the larvae feed on, where most of the feeding is done. Once they surface they just fly around and mate. I first added a natural gnat killer called gnatural, which did f@#k all.
I referred to the 420 fam bam who were very helpful. I ended up using neem oil which starves them to death, homestly worked great in comparrison! Would definetly recommend! I think it actually stimulates the plant aswell. I just finished my second round just to finish off the unhatched larvae. I have also covered the top layer with sand just so I couldn't see any dirt, which deters the females laying their eggs. And about four yellow sticky traps (which haven't collected many gnats at all this time). Hope this helps, if it is a fungus gnat problem.

You could also use vinegar and dishwashing liquid in a glass and put it at base of your plant attracts them. They get stuck and then drown, helps a little. I was also told to try diatomaceous earth, but I didn't get the chance. You need to attack from many angles from my experience

Hey bigdaddy! Thought id swing by your journal as youre a little worried. Dont think you need to be as worried as you are. Looks to me like a couple little things. The veg nutes you are using the NPK is off. Ya need more N than the other 2 in veg. The leaf damage on those lowers looks to me like ya been getting a little splashy when feeding. They can burn right up if ya splash the leaves especially if the lights are on aswell.
The soil could with more drainage in my opinion aswell. Get some perlite in for when you intend to up pot if you plan to that is.
This is all my personal opinion. There are people here who know their stuff so just chucking in my 2 pennies.

Thanks for all the support guys.
I defoiled few bottom leaves that weren't getting any lights and affected.
I am gonna try to find some nematodes on Amazon but most of them won't deliver to where I live.
I set up the sticky this morning so I will see how it goes.
I am also gonna spray some white vinegar and baking soda mix right before light goes off.
Hopefully I won't have any issue.
So far from what I've been reading this shouldn't cause any stress.
I will keep y'all posted!

Thanks for all the support guys.
I defoiled few bottom leaves that weren't getting any lights and affected.
I am gonna try to find some nematodes on Amazon but most of them won't deliver to where I live.
I set up the sticky this morning so I will see how it goes.
I am also gonna spray some white vinegar and baking soda mix right before light goes off.
Hopefully I won't have any issue.
So far from what I've been reading this shouldn't cause any stress.
I will keep y'all posted!
:hug: go get them :hug:
No need to stress.. We are here to cover you :hug:
Im happy to see that the trap, shot glass with washing-up liquid, is being spread around in forum. :thanks:Just remove it when watering
When I used it, I had one at each stem.

:hug: go get them :hug:
No need to stress.. We are here to cover you :hug:
Im happy to see that the trap, shot glass with washing-up liquid, is being spread around in forum. :thanks:Just remove it when watering
When I used it, I had one at each stem.
Another good one is water and molasses in a cup. I was emtying mine every 2-3 days cos of the amount of critters it caught. That was outdoors in mid summer though. Still works very well.

Hey all, here is some updates.
Today is 34 & 41 days respectively for each girls and I believe what I am starting to see here are bud sites, if my research is correct.
So should I switch my nutes to flowering nutes from veg nutes?
Also I can still spray the girls with baking soda & white vinegar mix right? I saw the bud sites before the lights went off and wanted to hold off to check with y'all first.

I read that with autos you can keep your light cycle on 18-6 to get maximum yield as they are on their own internal schedule and won't be affected by whether you change your light schedule to 12-12 or not.
Ya know more lights = more buds, so I was thinking about doing this. What are your opinions on this matter?

By the way, what I have available on me to make some treatments are.
Hydrogen peroxide 35% food grade, phosphoric acid, baking soda, white vinegar, and molasses.
I read that you can treat the soil by dilluting Hydrogen peroxide and this will kill the larvae as well as boost the oxygen available to the roots.
I am just worried about putting H.P. on my plant tho.
What do y'all think?
Always thanks for your help guys!

Lights,
Most growers go 24/0 ,22/2, 20/4 or 18/6 with lights for autos.
Going bellow will make her go too slow

Peroxide,
At the moment, I don't think you have bugs.
I was told the same about peroxide, let me call in the guys.
Peroxide needs to be 3% and no worries, they can handle it.

@InTheShed he can verify about peroxide being used.

Since you have the experience of gardening, there is no need to tell you what each does to your ladies.
Molasses is :thumb:
Check out my journal first post for more home made nutrients too ( in my signature)

Lights,
Most growers go 24/0 ,22/2, 20/4 or 18/6 with lights for autos.
Going bellow will make her go too slow

Peroxide,
At the moment, I don't think you have bugs.
I was told the same about peroxide, let me call in the guys.
Peroxide needs to be 3% and no worries, they can handle it.

@InTheShed he can verify about peroxide being used.

Since you have the experience of gardening, there is no need to tell you what each does to your ladies.
Molasses is :thumb:
Check out my journal first post for more home made nutrients too ( in my signature)
Yeah I thought about 20-4 but opted to 18-6. I wanted to see what kind of electricity bill I am looking at as this is my first time with this LED light (or any grow light for that matter lol).
Also you've been so helpful with the cavalry, you are the best.

As I recall, molasses doesn't feed the plant, it feeds the herd. If you have a herd that is! Also, I use 3% H2O2 to kill mold growing in the soil and it can be used for root rot as well. It will kill the herd if you do have one. I don't grow organically so that part doesn't matter to me.
I heard during last two weeke opt out of nutes and feed molasses dilluted with water to fatten and enhance the taste. Would this feed the herd and be bad for it?
Also yeah I am using chem nutes so not so worried about organic part either.
I haven't seen any gnats or bugs, but I just wanted to be safe and flush it with H.P.
35% should be okay too as long as I dilute it enough right?

Back
Top Bottom