First Grow Pineapple Kush Auto By Big Daddy

Bigdaddy69

Hello all! As per your lovely recommendations as well as in need of advices and help.
I've "finally"(Ha! I just joined yesterday!) decided to start my grow journal.
I am running a 1000W full spectrum LED light from china with a big fan circulating air from right outside of the tent.
My tent is quite small standing at 70", 18" front to back, and 36" side to side.
Originally I thought this ma be large enough to hold 2 girls but now I am not sure.
I've decided to leave the fan outside as space inside the tent doesn't permit it as well as my tent is made out of thin fabric letting the fan air through.
Also the room outside of the tent is quite dark and I am growing an auto so if any light leak; it shouldn't be a big deal.
As you can see I have 2 girls, which are Pineapple Kush Autos planted directly into the soil.
I am using a local soil which is 100% organic and they used this soil to raise earthworms which apparently enriches the soil. Then they took older dead earthworms, grinded them up and mixed it with soil to further enrich it.

I've planted 2 P.K.A.s directly into the soil on10/03/18 just before midnight and bigger one sprouted on the 10/07/18 by the time I checked in on the morning. However 2nd one didn't sprout at all. So on 10/12/18 around 09:45 am I decided to dig the seed out and germinate the said seed and an extra seed (I've received total of 3 P.K.A. seeds as a gift) in case the seed was a dud.
10/13/18 21:30 I notice the original seed out of the pot is building hairy mold but yayyy! The 3rd seed has germinated with strong taproot. I plant the seed into a same size pot as the 1st one.
10/14/18 10:00 an the 2nd one has sprouted!! Making it almost full week behind her older sister.
By now the older girl has her first node and I start to give her nutes at quarter of recommended strength.
I am using Japanese brand with 7-10-6 NPK. Also not usinflg yet but during flowering I will be using same brand's flowering helper with NPK of 0-6-4 then just water and blackstrap molasses towards the end.
Now it's 10/29/18 and this morning I noticed slight curl in one of the leaf, as well as some discoloration(??) in some of the leaves.
Can someone please tell me if I should be worries about this?
Also until now, against many many researches and guides I've read. I have pushed aside checking Ph level of water as "Oh, I am just doing this as a light hobby" but as I grow the girls and my passion for the girls and growing grows.
I have decided to order a temp/humidity monitor as well as a Ph reader this week.

Phewww, that was a mouthful and a half! (That's what she said, sorry not sorry about it haha)..... Sorry.
Moving along, as you probably could tell. I've been keeping a hand written journal as I wanted to know what I did well or didn't do well in the grow.
I also have been writing down some of the awesome guides and tips as well as things I want to try during the grow in the said journal.

So yeah, please feel free to criticize and give me any advices you may have.

I will try to post and keep you guys updated regulrarly from here!

-thanks in advance guys!

Thanks for the support guys.
After I got home last night I noticed some light discoloration in the leaves here and there.
I thought it could be either nute burn or mqybe maybe even light burn or heck even a root bound issue.
So I repotted the bigger one and small one will be repotted sometime this week.
Then I watered her down with simple water to settle her in her new home right before the lights went out.
Now I know you are not supposed to repot autos but I put them in starter pots before I knew this but cest la vie right?

Also I noticed some gnats in the few herbal pots (thyme, rosemary, and peppermint) so I chucked those out asap but they didn't seem interested in the girls so fingers crossed and hoping the girls won't have any issues.

Here is something you might need, and usually growing with led grow lights, you will need more cal and mag, check if that is the problem:
1540861736208.png

By the pic it looks like it could be Sulfur deficiency??
Also how do you give extra Cal & Mag to supplement?
Your welcome. For the cal and mag, as we don't grow cannabis, so I cannot give you a precise number, but maybe you can add 20~30% firstly more than your normal ammount, and see if that works, and adjust the percentage according to your plants' feedback. Check with other LED growers will also help :Namaste:

So today officially marks week 3 & 4 for the P.K.A. girls and I am not even going to lie.
They seem to be coming along quite nicely for my first grow & I am quite proud of myself so far.
I think all the research is really paying off!
Also after being repotted and flushed with plain water the leaf has uncurled and things are looking healthy again.
I will keep you guys posted

Your welcome. For the cal and mag, as we don't grow cannabis, so I cannot give you a precise number, but maybe you can add 20~30% firstly more than your normal ammount, and see if that works, and adjust the percentage according to your plants' feedback. Check with other LED growers will also help :Namaste:

Ha! Nobody growing cannabis here :)
Things are strictly for research purposes only

Hey all! Sorry for the late update.
I have been super busy with work and stuff.

So I finally transplanted the little girl into her final pot as well and boy the big girl is starting to grow very vigorously and I am very happy to see so.
I noticed some of the bottom leaves on the big girl wasn't getting enough light so I decided to do some LST to get the lights on all the leaves.
I made a pretty even flat canopy so I am hoping it will turn out into nice even colas!
Feeling a bit lazy, I decided to LST the little girl while I am at it as well to make my life easier.
I am hoping she will hit vigorous growth spurt as well while already being flat.

Thanks for reading and I will keep y'all posted!

Alright guys and gals,
Today officially marks 30 days since seedlings have sprouted, well 23 days for the smaller one.
I think the girls are coming along quite well, and I am pretty proud of myself.
Also I finally got the humidity up in the room by hanging some laundry in there, when I first got the thermo/humidity meter it was only at 40~45% range until now.
So everything seems fine but these tips turning white still bothers me a little.
Can anyone tell me if I should be worried about this?
I thought about clipping those leaves off but I read that you should leave autos alone and that's the best for them.
Well hope for some feedbacks and have a good day!

Hi. My first thought was bite marks. They are probably in your soil.

Since you don’t really know the composition of your soil, I would hesitate to add any neutriants during veg other than something like cal mag.

You repotted autos, so there is that too.

I’d check the underside of your leaves very carefully. Neem oil is the gentle option for getting rid of eggs. You don’t have many leaves so it’s an option. I’m fine with bug spray. You can buy nematodes to treat your soil. They eat the larva. Get it on amazon. diatomaceous earth is good for the surface. Dealing with pests is a multi pronged job. You have to break the cycle.

I’d focus on the pests. You should be fine. :cheer::cheer:

we don't grow cannabis

Which is ironic, because, according to the World World Intellectual Property Organization, more than half the world's 600+ cannabis-related patents are now held in China. And Chinese companies are certainly allowed to make money from cannabis growers. There's probably meat for a rant in there somewhere, but I try to be apolitical on weekends ;) .

I have read many times that calcium is very important to the cannabis plant, perhaps the second-most useful element (after nitrogen). And this need seems to be higher (or at least proportionally higher) when cannabis is being grown under LED lighting. I speculated earlier that this might be specific to non-white colored illumination, but I don't know. Perhaps the incomplete spectrum / discrete nature of LEDs lacks something that, when present, enables cannabis plants to more efficiently use the Ca that is present. Again, just a guess on my part. The current state of knowledge is, while obviously enough to allow for the creation of LED products that are capable of growing great cannabis, is still incomplete - and I expect it will be for many years. Maybe if the world had a real "space industry," where we had more than a negligible percentage of the population located somewhere other than on Terra at any one time, things would be different in this regard. Here, if we find that our plants require more calcium, we just stop using distilled/RO water or go purchase something like calcium nitrate or one of the many "Cal/Mg" products. In space, where it costs anywhere from $10,000 to $43,000+ to ship a pound of cargo into orbit - and one cannot simply run to the corner store when something is needed - that attitude doesn't... err... fly, so if we had to figure out a way to feed thousands - or maybe even 100 - people, long-term, off-planet, then there would be an exponentially higher amount of research done in regards to lighting and plant response, beyond the "simple" question of what frequencies of light it requires to take a plant from seed to harvest.

Which is ironic, because, according to the World World Intellectual Property Organization, more than half the world's 600+ cannabis-related patents are now held in China. And Chinese companies are certainly allowed to make money from cannabis growers. There's probably meat for a rant in there somewhere, but I try to be apolitical on weekends ;) .

I have read many times that calcium is very important to the cannabis plant, perhaps the second-most useful element (after nitrogen). And this need seems to be higher (or at least proportionally higher) when cannabis is being grown under LED lighting. I speculated earlier that this might be specific to non-white colored illumination, but I don't know. Perhaps the incomplete spectrum / discrete nature of LEDs lacks something that, when present, enables cannabis plants to more efficiently use the Ca that is present. Again, just a guess on my part. The current state of knowledge is, while obviously enough to allow for the creation of LED products that are capable of growing great cannabis, is still incomplete - and I expect it will be for many years. Maybe if the world had a real "space industry," where we had more than a negligible percentage of the population located somewhere other than on Terra at any one time, things would be different in this regard. Here, if we find that our plants require more calcium, we just stop using distilled/RO water or go purchase something like calcium nitrate or one of the many "Cal/Mg" products. In space, where it costs anywhere from $10,000 to $43,000+ to ship a pound of cargo into orbit - and one cannot simply run to the corner store when something is needed - that attitude doesn't... err... fly, so if we had to figure out a way to feed thousands - or maybe even 100 - people, long-term, off-planet, then there would be an exponentially higher amount of research done in regards to lighting and plant response, beyond the "simple" question of what frequencies of light it requires to take a plant from seed to harvest.
That said, I liken CalMag to a new parents view of Robitusin. I really don’t know what it does beyond relieving general symptoms. . Great when you need to do something, but don’t know why. Or like in the case of robitusin, you don’t have a doctor to hand. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom