First grow plan - need input

xEnl1ghtenedx

Hello! I have been reading these forums for years now, and finally made an account.

This is what I'm planning on doing.

My veg space is about 5' by 4' and has varying heights.
My flowering space is about 5' long 3'wide and about 6.5' tall.
I will be using 2 GH waterfarms ( I own three but don't see how i can work all three) with hydrotron.

Veg will be with a T5 panel. I want to veg one waterfarm untill two weeks before it's ready to flower, take clones, and then start a clone to veg when the first waterfarm moves over. I want to do a sort of perpetual harvest this way.

I have a 400W HPS lamp from HTG for flowering.

I will be using the Lucas method with flora and I want to use an EC/Ppm meter to adjust and addback as necessary to be sure the plants are always getting their optimum nutrients. I will write down my results so i can aim in on what the strain likes at which weeks.

I have a few questions:
-I forget how to keep mothers healthy and short. I want to maybe put one in dirt and keep it in the veg area.

-as far as strains, I have grown bag seed a few times with OKAY results. I think I know what I did wrong, and am ready to correct my mistakes. I have done a lot of research, and I think I will try Super Lemon Haze for my first grow with good genetics. I chose it because I like the Sativa aspect of it, and I have seen examples of the strain and I think with LST and topping. Or is it going to be too tall?

Any suggestions for strains that might work well with this system?
Any improvements anyone can think of?

I can't help you much on the hydro side of it.
If you read the Bonsai Mothers thread QTL provided, I'm using the same techniques and they work great. :thumb: There's a few pics of my moms in my journal...and it works so well I think that's a great idea to keep the moms in soil..."keep it simple" will never steer you wrong!

As long as you are growing from clones you can keep most strains in check by flowering them sooner...you can put them under 12/12 as soon as they are rooted. If you are planning on LSTing or topping I don't think you'll have any problems, you'll just need some veg time. I'm flowering Nirvana's Ice right now, but I do have some SLH moms that I'll be giving a shot on my next run.

I also put up some pics of my Sun Blaze T5 HO fixture in the first few pages of my journal if you are interested.

:goodluck:

I have done EXTENSIVE research on strains, and SLH seemed pretty good. Like everyone, im looking for the "prefect" strain. Delahaze seems like its sativa enough to suit my needs, along with huge yeilds. I dont mind waiting a few weeks for the bonuses. I have seen Sharks waterfarm from another site, along with others, and I think It might work out. Ice has always intrigued me. I will defiantly check out your stuff.

I have done EXTENSIVE research on strains, and SLH seemed pretty good. Like everyone, im looking for the "prefect" strain. Delahaze seems like its sativa enough to suit my needs, along with huge yeilds. I dont mind waiting a few weeks for the bonuses. I have seen Sharks waterfarm from another site, along with others, and I think It might work out. Ice has always intrigued me. I will defiantly check out your stuff.

Yeah, a lot of people really love SLH...and it's won the awards to prove it! I haven't flowered any yet, but I'm pretty excited because by moms smell very, very lemony!

I have also heard other people say they couldn't smoke SLH because it made them too paranoid! I've never had any Sativa dominant strains, and thought it would be a good one to try. Unfortunately, since everyone is effected differently, I won't know if it's a good strain for me until I try it! I've got my fingers crossed though!

Ice is a new strain for me as well...so I guess we'll see on that one also!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom