First grow - Please help me with my first veg disease!

frankiez

Ok that's the infos:

What Strain is it? Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly indica
How Many Plants? 2
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? since 3 weeks now
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Plagron Grow Mix potting soil
If Soil... What Size Pot? 6 liters Pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 250w Cfl dual spectrum
Is it Air Cooled? NO
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 21° C night 27° C Day
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6,7-7,0
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering?every 3-4 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? not used yet
Size or Square Footage of Room? 60x60x140 tent

Hi, i'm growing this two autos since 3 weeks now and they were good until yesterday.
In the morning i noticed that the lower leaves tips turned yellow:

IMG_20131109_145048.jpg

The other new leaves produced also show very little yellow tips (sorry for bad photo):
IMG_20131109_145037.jpg

But the plants seems to be in good conditions (one is smaller but ithink it's about genetic:

IMG_20131109_145058.jpg

What do you think it might be?

No nutrients used and as you can see the cfl is far 20 cm from the plants.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english

I have grown this exact strain. :) It is a good smoke you are gonna be very happy with.

From my experience using CFL's, the penatration is not deep enough for the plants to keep all the leaves 'alive' once they start making a canopy. They basically self trim the lower ineffcient leaves.
But that leaf doesn look like the standard self trim leaf. :hmmmm:

Are you planning on giving any nutes? Have you pH'd the runoff? 7seems pretty highfor a vegging plant, even an auto, but Im unfamiliar with the soil mix you are using. Does it contain any trace elements?

Hi Spimp, thanks a lot for the smoke review :Namaste:

I've tested the runoff water and was always between 6,5 and 7.... Do you think i must correct it down?

the soil is this one :

Manufacturer: Plagron

Product Name: Grow Mix

pH: 5.8-6.2

EC (mS/cm): 1.4-1.6

Main Elements: N

Soil conditioner: Perlite

On the "grow programm" of the producer says that is a light fertilized soil ( that will feed the plants for the first 2-3 weeks) with controlled Ph and mixed with Perlite

I'm planning to give Plagron Terra Bloom only in the flowering stage (NPK 2-2-4)

What do you think?

Thanks for help Bro (i'm going to see your journal of NLxBB now :) )

How high is the light above the plants?

Personally,I think if its only the very bottom leaves than it is just part of the process. ;) You will see ive always had the lower leaf death sydrome under CFL's. I feel like your doing fine. :thumb:

If it was my grow, Id make sure I had a cross fan blowing around and make sure you let the girls get dry every once in a while because rootslove oxygen. :) Also I would say your non-nute situation is good. As long as it doesnt progress or another situation arrise, I think yur on your way to some good smoke sir. :)

Wow thanks for hoping in my first grow :welcome:

Ok i will do like you said.

The light is exactly 25 cm away from plants because that big bulb (single 250w) seems to be pretty hot....

With this setup how much do you think i will be able to yield?

thanks a lot, you are very skilled

Happy 420

I hate to guess because i dont want your hope to get too high or feelings hurt either way. All I can do is guess based on mine. I got 25g's I think but I had smaller CFL's and height restrictions. Plus my edium want as good as it is now :wood:

IM gonna assume a single 250w cfl has more actual lumens than 250w o smaller watt spirals. If everything goes good Im gonna say about 2.5 ounces more or less.
But dont be dissapointed. Its gonna be not top smoke if you keep up the nice work.
You should start a journal and post pics updates for other growers to see as well. ;) Heres a link-- HOW TO START A JOURNAL

Back
Top Bottom