First Grow - Poor Man's Grow

HalfBaked98

Hey Guys! I'm trying to get my first grow started. I hear that you guys always offer great support and feedback. Thank you in advance to all.

For the record, this is my first grow and I'm not looking to be a master grower by any means, the harvest will be for personal use. i just want to familiarize myself with the basics of growing, ill take it to the next level once I know more or less what to do.

I'm trying to grow 2 plants at a time. Here's my setup and plan, let me know if I'm doing this right.

I successfully germinated 2 bagweed seeds and a good seed my friend gave me, he didn't know the strain but he said it was good. using the paper water cup and paper towel method. I put it in soil and put it in my balcony. tell me if it looks normal

*Here is the delio: My balcony only recieves about 6 hours of direct sunlight. My balcony is on a building, facing the west, so the plant would only get sun for about 6 constant hours of direct sunlight.

My idea was to keep these plants short,and when they needed more sunlight I would bring them into my indoor setup. Here is what I had in mind.
IMAG039725.jpg

Hey guys, I just wanted to show you day 2-3 of my grow. Let me know if you think the plants are healthy. Weird thing, I woke up today and saw Plant 2 barely poking out of the soil, when I got back from work it was already giving little tiny leaves. Sweet! here it is, for how much longer should I put them under my light setup? when should I up the wattage?

IMAG039621.jpg

^^^^Sprouted today(bagweed)^^^^
IMAG039325.jpg

^^^^Sprouted today(goodweed)^^^^
IMAG039221.jpg

^^^^Sprouted 3 days ago(bagweed)^^^

Is it normal that the bagweed that sprouted 3 days ago still hasn't developed the leaves that the other two have in a single day? Tell me your opinion, advice, feedback! Anything Helps.

Re: First Grow (Poor Man's Grow)

Some sprouts can be slow. What kind of lights are you using? Be careful if you are using any soil with added fertilizers, like Miracle Gro. Young plants especially won't like it. You may also want to get a ph test kit. Ph problems can really mess things up quickly if you are using tapwater. RO water can be a good choice.

:Namaste:

I am using regular planting soil. A pH test kit, like dip a test strip in the soil and record the value or is there a specific utensil for that? I am using two 23w 6500k and one 23w 2500k CFL's

Just check the ph of your tapwater if that's what you're using. If tapwater you should leave it out overnight to let the chlorine evaporate, plus the ph will change.

oh okay, i get it.

I have another question, What should my light setup be for these 3 plants once they reach 1 week? About what time should i move them to bigger pots? Here are the photos of the plants.

IMAG0408_1_.jpg

^^^Day 3-4 since sprouting (bagweed)
IMAG040715.jpg

^^^Day 2 of sprouting (bagweed)
IMAG0406_2_.jpg

^^^Day 2 of sprouting (goodweed)

Hey guys, I'm not sure if it's about time I change away from my current light system. Let me know what you guys think.

IMAG041715.jpg

^^^Bagweed 1, Sprouted 7d/a
IMAG041320.jpg

^^^Bagweed 2, Sprouted 4d/a
IMAG041412.jpg

^^^Goodweed, Sprouted 4d/a

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom